beautiful basements / unfinished job

1 Toronto, Ontario, Canada Review updated:

all the work he did in my basement was crapy, he took the final payment and left my basement half done.
disapeared.
i went to court, won twice, but no sign of him. I WONDER WHAT KIND OF JUSTICE SYSTEM WE HAVE.
MAREK GOLAS IS A CRIMINAL
BEWARE OF MAREK GOLAS AND HIS "BEAUTIFUL" BASEMENTS
my guess is that he registered another company with a different name but he can't change his name
ALWAYS ASK FOR SOME ID
and ask the sales person who owns the bompany

Ga

Comments

• Gi
      10th of Sep, 2009

I'm going through the same thing, went to court numerous times, won the settlement, judge ordered him to pay, make monthly payments directly to the court and not one payment has been made.

Marek Golas of Beautiful Basements (Creative Basements) is truly a criminal and needs to be stopped. Put him in jail and through away the key. Marek word is worthless just like his company. Stay away from this company.

There are many people that have been affected by Marek, and together with some patients we can stop this guy...

• 72
      26th of Mar, 2010

Completely agree with Giocath and Gagi. Marek Golas who now goes by the name of Mark Golas opened another company called Creative Basements after Beautiful Basements. It sounds like he is still doing the same thing to people. I agree, he is a criminal. We gave him a deposit, and then he proceeded to give us list of items that we would have to pay extra for. All of these items were AGREED TO BY HIM FOR THE CONTRACT PRICE BEFORE HE TOOK OUR DEPOSIT MONEY, in fact these items were even hand written in the contract. We gave him the boot before he could get any more of our money

Marek/Mark Golas hired the work out to subs but then didn't pay his workers – not a penny. The subs then come to us for the money threatening to put a lien on our house. All the while Marek/Mark pockets the money we gave him less a small amount (and I mean small amount) he used to purchase some initial supplies.

For those of you who have not had the pleasure, this guy is bad news, stay away from him and his companies. I would imagine he is on his way to starting yet another company so ALWAYS ask for PHOTO IDENTIFICATION. I would be happy to share any information I have gathered that might be helpful to your case.

• Al
      8th of Jun, 2010

I highly disagree with these comments. I have dealt with this company and also recommended him to friends, all of whom are completely satisfied. Perhaps Mark wasn't/isn't the problem. I am in the contracting business myself and I know for a fact that consumers take advantage of us and expect us to do "extras" for free. "Extra's" are not free...they cost the contractor money out of his pocket so, as I indicated, perhaps you should all look in the mirror before slandering someone's name. Those who live in glass houses should never throw stones. I would highly recommend Mark and his company to anyone.

• Al
      8th of Jun, 2010

I highly disagree with these comments and am very surprised by them. I have dealt with this company and also recommended him to friends, all of whom are completely satisfied. His work was fantastic. He was the most professional and knowledgeable contractor that we got estimates from. He knows what he's talking about. Perhaps Mark wasn't/isn't the problem. I am in the contracting business myself and I know for a fact that consumers take advantage of us and expect us to do "extras" for free. "Extra's" are not free...they cost money so, as I indicated, perhaps you should all look in the mirror before slandering someone's name. It is very sad how you people can slander someone's like this...and it is slander...which is a criminal offence. I am surprised he doesn't sue all of you for slander but apparently he's the bigger person here. I would highly recommend Mark and his company to anyone. Even my own mother. Keep up the great work Mark!

• Pr
      24th of Jun, 2012

I have com across Mark Golas with his company A+ Basements, I have read these posts and am concerned. Are there any recent complaints or dealings with him and A+ Basements in the last year?

25th of Jun, 2012

we posted what we experienced now it is up to you to take a chance my friend. good luck

• He
      25th of Feb, 2013

We were just scammed by Mark Golas, from Aplus basements. I'm going to go to the police and do whatever I can to stop this guy from doing the same to any other family and their hard earned money. We are so distraught. this guy is a criminal and needs to be stopped! And if there is enough proof that he has done this to so many why on earth is he not in jail!

25th of Feb, 2013

he is not in a jail because he is paying taxes and that what this gov. is concern about, if you go to the police they will tell you to take him to small claims court and you ending spending more money and A Plus basement won't show up and on and on and on, i went tru that, i just wish now he croses my path i don't care where i will end up

25th of Feb, 2013

he is not in jail because he is paying taxes and this gov. is all that is concern, if you go to the police they will tell you to take him to small claims court and guess what A Plus Basement won't show up and you will spaend your money on and on and on...
    i just wish that Mark (Marek) croses my path i don't care where i will end up, [censored] this justice system when the judge can not tell the cop to go and get a person and bring him to court

• Cu
      17th of Mar, 2013

What did he do to scam you?

• Ro
      28th of Aug, 2014

A+ Basements Mark Golas disappeared after get 99% of the money. He didn't reply any calls. We got estimate of $12, 000
    from another contractor to complete the job. Mark and his team were so nice and on schedule for first couple of weeks, after got all money I experienced totally different character on him and his team. I am in process to reach claims court and some other way to stop him. Mark Golas will pay for his scam business soon.

10th of Dec, 2014

I am a business owner and a stay at home mom, I found Mark to be extremely tentative with the jobs he did for my family. I am shocked at the negative reviews he is getting. I feel as if someone has too much time on their hands to be posting negative reviews. I just happen to own a restaurant and try my best to make every customer happy but, there will always be that one individual you can not make happy despite your efforts. I will only be so happy to use my kitchen, bathroom and basement to model Marks amazing talents. Mark knows at any time he can show my home as a model of his work.

• Ki
      8th of Jan, 2015

Interesting! I used A+ Basements and it was a good experience. Very professional, finished on time and on budget. No issues here.

• Ca
      8th of Jan, 2015

I have done alot of work for this company and never had problems being paid for my services.

• Fi
      9th of Jan, 2015

Wow!!, I am surprised to see all this negativity about A+ Basements. Everything they did from Day 1 was on point and very professional. They discussed the job that needed to be done, time and amount and we got exactly what we wanted, for the right price, time and professional manner. We have left the keys to our house on weekends to them and when we got back, it was amazing to see the difference and how much they got done just in 3 days. Definitely no issues!! and would recommend them again.

• Hu
      9th of Jan, 2015

I am been working with mark or some people call him marick ..from last 16 years ..went thru lots off ups and down in work with him due to good and bad customers ...but never had any issues getting paid for work I did for mark on any jobs he send me to work ..I have no idea how is charge for his jobs or how he get paid for it ..but my payments are always on time every Fridays or in some cases on Saturday. ..must say one thing making every customer happy in any kind off business in not possible when we all have this theory set in mind that no matter what customer is always right..so lot off us take advantage of this when things don't go the way we want ...and mark is getting shot by those kind of unhappy customers...I been telling mark on and on ..Don't be yes man to every thing in business it will back fire you ..but I guess he can't change his nature to be nice for others ...

• 12
      22nd of Sep, 2016

Mark is a scammer - Do not trust him with any work. He will show up for a bit and then never come back leaving you with half the job finished. When you ask about these negative comments he has his excused ready. DO NOT TRUST HIM!!!

This is a project for this year, 2016!!!

• 12
      22nd of Sep, 2016

Mark/Marak Golas is a scammer. Wonder why he is constantly changing his business name. Try calling him, let me know if he ever answers the phone. Don't get fooled by his prices, trust me, do not ever use him unless he takes no money until the job is finished.

• Go
      18th of Jan, 2018

i met one mark with a great quote and seems very professional but i have not committed. He said his company is Prestine basement and while i didnt find any review about the company upon searching his number i saw Beautiful Basements Design Inc and that is how i got here. Could it be same guy ? Can anyone with a terrible experince give me his number so i can share his pic to know if its same person ?

• This is not the same person nor is it related to the person being mentioned. It was just a mistake. Thank you