Beachbody / terrible customer service

I first ordered from beachbody in early '05, and had a great experience. When I logged on or called with a question, they were incredibly helpful. For the next couple of years I ordered quite a bit from them. Then I tried to return a product, and it was impossible! So I stopped ordering. Recently I ordered again, and received products I did not order. Again, trying to get anyone at customer service to listen was nearly impossible. I have decided to buy beachbody products either on ebay, or to wait until they show up at target. It's a shame that such high-quality merchandise is handled so incompetently.

Va

Comments

• St
      3rd of Aug, 2008

I ordered beachbody products on 8/2 and tried to cancel on 8/3. The order was processed but not shipped, however, they refused to cancel the order. They said that they had to ship the items so that they can charge me for shipping, but I could always return the items. Imagine, they wanted to make $13.00 to ship the items before they would cancel!!! I will NEVER purchase from them again and cancelled my credit card so that they cannot rebill me. They give Sales a bad name!! SCAMMERS!

• Do
      11th of Apr, 2009

They have scammed me too! I have tried to stop them from charging my credit account and sever all business for over two months. They have
    billed me over and over for stuff I do not want nor have I used.
    DO NOT HAVE ANY DEALINGS WITH THE COMPANY BEACH BODY!!!
    BE WARNED!!!

• Pa
      22nd of Jun, 2009

I agree... I was over charged several times by beachbody for things I never ordered, and I was on the phone with them for 15 hour!!! I will never order from them again, which is a shame. I love p90x, but I refuse to buy from them.

• Po
      18th of Sep, 2009

Absolutely the worst C/s experience imaginable, and this comes AFTER they have supposedly fixed their customer service attitude (should a company ever have to take a serious look into how they treat their customers? This isn't Henry Ford and the mass-marketing of the Model A for godsakes).

I ordered Insanity on July 20th. NEVER arrived. They claim to have re-shipped on August 16th. Again, NEVER ARRIVED. They now claim to have reimbursed my credit card, but nothing has been done yet...I will give them a few days on this, though.

In the midst of all this, I was treated to the most inept circus wheel of dunces imaginable. Every c/s complaint reply ended up with a diffrent rep and NONE of them seemed to read the thread of back-and-forth responses. I had to start over again every time I got in touch with someone, when all they had to do was simply read the thread!! I was aghast!

Never, ever, in a million years, would I go near Beachbody's order site again. I found a better alternative with lower shipping rates and genuine appreciation for overseas service, which is always a nice touch.

Absolutely brutal is all I can say about my Beachbody experience. I now own P90X and (maybe) Insanity, and I'm done. I've had enough of those bozos. And don't even get me started on how badly they've screwed up their own community forums and coaches in the process...and then do not even respond to months' worth of an outpouring of complaint.

• Co
      13th of Aug, 2010

I'm ordering Turbo Fire on Amazon instead. Hoping that somehow this will save me from this mess. And, I told Beach Body why I wasn't ordering from them. Note their response to me included a status update of "SOLVED". Hahaha!

___________________________

I appreciate the quick response but not one single piece of what you said changes my mind (and I think you knew it wouldn't). Especially disappointed that you show no interest in probing me for information about the negative reviews.

So, because I truly think you guys have such a great product here are the places where I found the information that means I will not order from you. Please take this as an honest attempt on my part to help you change this aspect of your company.

Here is a link that appears right on your BBB Page where there are 649 complaint statistics noted right under your "A" rating. Any person in their right mind would click the link and seriously wonder how you qualify for that grade.

http://beachbody.pissedconsumer.com/ : I read tons of these - there are TOO MANY to ignore

http://www.resellerratings.com/store/Beach_Body_Product_Partners_LLC : more issues with shipping and more people saying they won't buy from you...

Now I know you may not be the one to personally exact change in this department but please take it up the chain and see what can be done. I know you'll be putting out more DVDs that I will want to buy so I'd like this fixed by then.

Thanks,
    Cori

On Fri, Aug 13, 2010 at 1:56 PM, Team Beachbody Customer Sevice wrote:

Subject
    other

Discussion Thread
    Response (Katherine) 08/13/2010 11:56 AM
    Hi,

Thanks for contacting Team Beachbody!

We sincerely appreciate your interest in our products. Beachbody takes pride in our excellent customer service, and our "A" rating from the Better Business Bureau (BBB). Beachbody in no way every commits fraud or misleading tactics with our customers.

Customers are given the opportunity to try our Club memberships and Activit vitamins as trials when a program is purchased. When a trial is accepted, the terms of the trial are explained so that the customer understands that once the trial is over, you are auto enrolled in the program. However, if you wish to not continue with the auto enrollment, canceling is a easy as sending customerservice@TeamBeachbody.com an email. We try to make it as straight forward and user friendly as possible for our customers to order.

Beachbody has a very quick turn around on processing and shipping orders. This does leave a small window for modifications or cancellations to be made on an order. However, we always work with the customer to make sure that we can accommodate their requests in anyway possible.

We truly appreciate your interest in our programs, and we hope that you will reconsider purchasing out products. Please do keep in mind that if you are purchasing Beachbody products from any other vendor then Beachbody, we are unable to guarantee the authenticity of that product.

We have worked very hard to get our "A" rating from the BBB, and will continue to strive to address and resolve each customer inquiry in a positive and timely manner.

Please let us know if there is anything further that we may assist you with.

If you have any further questions, please contact Customer Service at (800) 470-7870. We are available Monday- Friday 6am- 6pm PST or at CustomerService@TeamBeachbody.com.

We wish you success in achieving your fitness goals.

Sincerely,
    Team Beachbody
    Auto-Response 08/13/2010 10:18 AM
    Your question has been received. You should expect a response from us within 24 hours.
    Customer ( cori... 08/13/2010 10:18 AM
    I just want to tell you good news and bad news. 1.) I think your marketing team does a great job. I think your trainers are really amazing: Chalene and Tony, esp. Great DVD products and kits 2.) I can't under any circumstances buy your products. I absolutely refuse to give you my credit card information. So this means I either have to wait to find this product somewhere else (AMAZON), use complicated methods to order like pre-paid CC or money orders which cost me more, or resort to borrowing someone else's copy when they are "done" with it. Either way you cut it, if you guys can't change your shipping/sales/autorefill/return policies to reflect that you are not the WORST most SCAM ridden company then you are hurting those of us in poor health as much as you help. Be more responsible with your customer's money and you will see increases in sales I PROMISE. There is SO MUCH stuff out there that is a red-flag about working with you guys! Feel free to contact me about all the research I did to come to these conclusions. I want your product so badly but I am scared that you are going to rip me off. Here is what I heard: - Can't easily order over phone because it is hard to understand foreign accents - Upsold so hard it was unpleasant - "Missed" the part where upsold so unknowingly got charged extra - Agreed to free products but not told about auto-enroll - Online Forms auto-enroll you AFTER payment info entered and then order completes even if you try to un-enroll after you see price increases - Same day, same HOUR orders can't be canceled! - If you choose not to spend the extra money on tracking and insurance - BeachBody will pretend they never received the package I believe there are people out there who do not follow directions. I believe some people have also experienced fraudulent practices on your part. Please continue to put out awesome workouts but make sure those of us who won't risk our money are able to easily get our hands on them.

Question Reference #100813-001592
    Date Created: 08/13/2010 10:18 AM
    Last Updated: 08/13/2010 11:56 AM
    Status: Solved

• Be
      18th of Aug, 2010

My name is Curtis and I work for Beachbody Customer Service. After reading complaints about our company I’ve personally set out to try and help solve these problems. I understand how frustrating it can be…especially when it’s about your finances! Anyone with problems please feel free to email me at custassist@beachbody.com. Please be patient if I have not responded within 24 hrs as I am the only person checking this email address. This means that you will not have to deal with more than one agent in regards to your account. Beachbody is a wonderful company with GREAT products. I look forward to helping solve any problems you may have.