Be2.ie and Be2. Other Domains / fraudulent activity

1 Luxembourg Review updated:

They Claim you can join free but take credit card details when you cancel within free trial period they dont send proper code & Continue to steal money from card at six monthly intervals (they Stole €174 on 24th Febuary which I never missed Until I checked recently, Then they stole another €174 on 27 August

When I Complained to them they send me email

Dear be2-user,

We are sorry to tell you again, that a refund is not possible.

Peter Green
_

email: customerservice@be2. ie

be2 - the greatest con of your life

PS: Please include the entire correspondence with our customer service whenever you reply. This enables us to understand your concern and respond to your request specifically. Usually a click on the answer-button automatically includes previous correspondence in your email.

be2 GmbH
2 Kofferschmattsgaessel
L-6755 GREVENMACHER

Registered In Luxembourg, under B 123206 European VAT ID: LU 21536271

Sent: Mon, 22. September 2008 11:25:30
To: (customerservice-ie@be2.com)
Subject: Re: Delete my profile : Over payment - Service ID [[protected]]

> — Original Message — > From: "Customer Service - be2" <customerservice-ie@be2.com>
> Sent: Saturday, September 20, 2008 4:04 PM
> Subject: Re: Delete my profile : Over payment - Service ID [[protected]]
> Dear be2-user,
> We have received your revocation.
> We are sorry but we can not make a refund, because you have already been in
> touch with your partner recommendations.
> We regret that a refund is not possible.
> Sincerely,
> Peter Green
> be2 customer service
> _
> email: customerservice@be2. ie
> http://www.be2.ie
> be2 - Find the love of your life
> PS: Please include the entire correspondence with our customer service
> whenever you reply. This enables us to understand your concern and respond
> to your request specifically. Usually a click on the answer-button
> automatically includes previous correspondence in your email.
> be2 GmbH
> 2 Kofferschmattsgaessel
> L-6755 GREVENMACHER
> Registered In Luxembourg, under B 123206
> European VAT ID: LU 21536271
Sometimes it is Peter Alexander So maybe same person
Since they Can steal From A card why cant they put the money back

Is this a scam or rip off

Any way I have made a complaint to the GardáI (Irish Police)

Co

Comments

• Be
      27th of Sep, 2008

I agree, I had the same problem.

This site is a scam scam scam.

There is no link on the site to cancell your membership.

Peter Alexander

They keep changing the name, Check out the directors details on google..

2nd of Oct, 2008

What did you do about it? I too am trying to cancel and there is no link. I have written 5 times and they keep sending the same automated email saying how to cancel.. and the information is incorrect.

10th of Oct, 2008

I totally agree with any complaints made here about this company. I simpy forgot to cancel the payment of £119.94 taken on 05.09.08 but I went online early on 06.09.08 and discovered the amount had been taken. I emailed the company straightaway and wrote to the company 0n 07.09.08 and 29.09.08 and have received no reply. I also agree that it is impossible to cancel online, I just went round and round in the system without success. We all know the desperate state of the economy in England and other countries. I find this company despicable. A lot of the people using this website simply cannot afford to lose this money, I certainly cant. I will now try to find a newspaper to write to in the town? of Greven Macher to expose them.

15th of Oct, 2008

STAY AWAY from be2.com its a total rip off... trust me.. almost all of the are bogus replies to get you to sign up.. and its like a roach infestion.. you can never get rid of it.. Hopefully enough people will stop and they will clean up their act.. Am not sure eharmony or chemistry is much better.. the tests are totally random...

• Te
      19th of Oct, 2008

I totally agree with Ben above, I had the exact same problem as he did and I did pay £5 free trial and I sent them a very nice e-mail telling them I no longer needed to continue with the dating agency and I got an e-mail back from them thanking me for using the service and I thought that was the end of it until I noticed on my statement £119.94 had been taken off my account, my credit card is putting this forward to dispute and I have cancelled this card just in case. Again I am getting silly emails asking me to cancel by fax or e-mail, but I have already cancelled and they obviously have received this...help this is a total money making scam !

• Ti
      22nd of Oct, 2008

just, I have no any comment.

• Me
      7th of Nov, 2008

I wish I had checked on this before I entered my membership, I have been trying to cancel my membership for 2 weeks now they keep on saying that I can do this on line it is impossible they have also said I can fax the cancellation by fax their fax does not work. I can not afford to lose this money so I am going to cancel my card so they can not take the money.

Surely this is fraud beyond belief why isnt anything being done about this

10th of Nov, 2008

The same thing happened to me.
    Its a complete scam.

17th of Nov, 2008

I'm having the same problems and I haven't even reached the renewal date yet. I'm going to have MC put a hold on the renewal payment and warn them about the scam. I'll let you know if it works...

17th of Nov, 2008

Update: be2.ca has now blocked my account:

***

Your profile has been blocked due to probable scamm issues. Please feel free to contact us again if you have anymore questions.

***

The membership is not cancelled though! I then again sent my cancellation fax to the number on the website only to find that my fax number is now being blocked as well! Off to the UPS store where they were able to fax directly, without problems. The entire set of printed emails, faxes and confirmations were then scanned into a PDF and sent back to Peter Bell (or Green or Alexander or Graham depending on the day). We're almost at the 14 day deadline so it'll be interesting to see what tactics they use next.

17th of Nov, 2008

Last update: they accused me of using the account inappropriately and closed it down:
    ***
    Thank you for your inquiry.

You have used our services for commercial purposes. This is a breach of our
    general terms and conditions agreement. We have therefore blocked your profile
    to prevent you from any further abuse of our services.

VII. Obligations of Clients

(2) Each Client furthermore undertakes to not misuse be2, in particular
    [...]
    b) to not use be2 to threaten, harass, or violate the rights of another (including right of personality), or to promise or demand money or monetary values;
    [...]
    e) to not send messages to Clients for any other purpose than personal communication, in particular to not advertise nor offer any goods or services;

(3) Any possible consequences in terms of civil or criminal law to each Client notwithstanding, non-compliance with any of the above obligations of conduct shall entitle be2 to terminate the contract without notice, and to immediately block access to the be2 application and database under item III.
    [...]

Furthermore, according to number (3), we have cancelled your profile, effective immediately. Your premium membership has definitely been cancelled. We can confirm that there will be no further rebillings or extensions. The expiration date is December 5, 2008, but because you are blocked, there is nothing else you can do. I have therefore also deleted your account and turned off all email notifications and newsletters from us, as you requested.

Thank you for your understanding and cooperation. Best wishes for the future.

***
    Pretty interesting since I haven't logged on in months and last I checked, I was just a guy checking out life after a divorce (commercial purposes???). Obviously they needed a way out and when I actually had proof of my numerous attempts to cancel and advised one of the credit card companies about the possibility of fraudulent charges it all went away (hopefully).

They do back a few of the fantastic claims they make but after my experience and those of others, I'd advise people to stay well away. Best of luck!

• Ka
      3rd of Dec, 2008

I have a complaint I told be2 to quit emailing and I cancelled my membership but they still keep emailing me how do I get them off my back

19th of Feb, 2009

I have had positive experiences of be2!
    I found my current fiance through the site and could cancel the service later on without a problem. That I had to send a fax in order to cancel was not really a big deal to me and I think pricing has been fair considering the level of quality and service I've been getting there. Finding the love of my life doesn't really measure up in money for me, I really think it's been worth every penny.

That such a service isn't given for free is obvious, and I never thought anything else. Anyone who thinks that such a qualitative service can come for free must be mistaken.

26th of Mar, 2009

be2 are defininetely running an illegal practice in the UK. BE2 are listed in Luxembourg, BE2 have no office in the UK. Once you subscribe it is impossible to see how to leave. I find it outrageous that BE2 recommend in the small print that you must fax Luxembourg to cancel. Meanwhile BE2 keep taking my money. This is pure fraud and a scandal that offshore companies can be allowed to steal money from British and Irish citizens. In addition the BE2 service is a con. The site is ineffective and I suspect a lot of the people who contacted me from Ghana are nothing but scammers. I have written to the office of fairtrading and I recommend that if you have also been ripped of by BE2 that you do the same. Don't let them get you down lets get BE2 closed down.

19th of Apr, 2009

I TOTALLY agree that the website be2.sg is a scam. I'm now having difficulty to cancel my membership. The online cancellation is definitely non-existent. Furthermore, they keep rejecting my request to cancel the membership via email. I think the only way to stop the payment is to cancel my credit card.

============================================
    We regret that you no longer want to use our service. We are sorry to hear you are having difficulties with our online-cancellation!

If you want to cancel your Premium Membership, you can also send us a fax. The automatic charge to your credit card or account will then be stopped. Please send the fax to +61 282 144 869.

Your fax should contain the following information:

- full name
    - address
    - email-address
    - username
    - date of purchase of Premium Membership
    - total sum
    - reason for cancellation

IMPORTANT! Please sign your cancellation personally!

We will process your fax within 48 hours.

Please ensure that you cancel your Premium Membership 14 days before the next automatic extension of your contract. You will find the date of the next extension in your profile under “Settings“ / “Premium Membership“ / “View/Change”.

You will find further information on our homepage in the FAQs.

We suggest you print out a confirmation report once the fax has been sent and retain it for your files.

Peter Green

• Lo
      20th of Apr, 2009

I seem to be the latest person to have been conned by them!! I feel like a fool but also think they must be taught a lesson.

• As
      10th of May, 2009

I to found this site failed in this area amongst others. There was no way I was going to use a fax machine for a service I had subscribed to on-line. I two contacted be2 re the cancelling and was first told to use the link, which doesn’t exist. I contacted them again by email and asked them to accept this message as cancellation; their reply was to fax back my instruction.
    So because I used a debit card to make this purchase, the first thing I did was to was to report my card missing, which mean having a new number so apart from the initial 5 pounds I paid, any further payments to be2 wouldn’t happen. I then contacted be2 explaining I didn’t have access to a fax machine and asked them to forward this new massage of cancellation to the office where their fax machine is, i provided all the details they asked for including addition details like ‘invoice number’ and ‘acquisition date’, but I didn’t provide a signature at first. But be2 replied saying they would make an exception but I need to post a letter as I had not provided a signature, they provided me with an address ‘be2 GmbH, customer service 2 Kofferschmattsgaess L-6755 GREVENMACHER’. I ended up just scanning a signature and pasting it to a word document that I had written with all the details they required and e-mailed it back to be2.
    The reason I did all this after I had reported my card missing to my bank was just in case be2 try to hit me with a CCJ I would be able to prove with evidence to the authorities I did everything possibly reasonable as a consumer to ‘get out’ by informing be2. The last massage I received from be2 said ‘Thank you for your cancellation request. We can confirm that your membership will expire...’

30th of Nov, 2009

I also have been scammed by be2.co.uk on the 23 october 2009 I signed up for the £5 Trial offer and found that it would not be for me so on the 25 october I sent an email in acordence to thier terms & conditions with all details requesting that they do not renew the membership and extend to the premium offer as I have now been unable to work and simply can not afford to pay out of my benefit money I did not recieve a reply but my ISP has confirmed that they did recieve the email on the 25 October.

However before the 1 month trial was over they took £119.94 from my account of which was all my Incopacity Benefit Puting me overdrawn by £22 so now I will incure bank charges on top I contacted them yet again informing them that I had indeed sent them an email to cancel and requested a refund of the £119.94 and they replied almost imediatly with this.
    ___________________________

Thank you for your message!

After careful consideration, we have reached the conclusion that a refund of services provided is not possible in this case. We cannot make an exception, because you have already been in touch with your partner recommendations and the service is to be considered used.

The message with your cancellation you claim to have sent on 25.10.2009 does not appear as an original e-mail and therefor can not be considered valid.

We understand your frustration but we must act in this instance in accordance with the terms and conditions.

However, we have now terminated your subscription and your account will not be re-billed anymore.

We thank you for your understanding.

We would like to get your feedback. Please click on the link below to answer us some short questions regarding our service:

John Webber
    ____________________

email: customerservice@be2.co.uk

be2 - Find the love of your life

be2 S.à.r.l. - 12, rue Jean Engling - L-1466 Luxembourg
    Commercial Register Luxembourg, B 123206
    Authorisation 118042/A
    Directors: Andreas Etten, Dr. Robert Wuttke

I then emailed them stating that I had canceled on the 25 October but they have still taken the money out.

I then repied asking them to explain what they meen by you have already been in touch with your partner recommendations and the service is to be considered used?

How is this possible for a premium membership that hasnt even started yet I did use some of the Trial offer but impossibly could not of used any of the premuim membership and to their terms and conditions of canceling accounts quoted.

Terms

(5) Any Client who, at the time that be2 discontinues the services, has
    any prepaid, not yet used up claim (credit balance) for such services, shall
    receive a pro rata refund of the title to services not yet used (credit
    balance).

I sent them yet another email.
    _________________________

Your Terms

(5) Any Client who, at the time that be2 discontinues the services, has
    any prepaid, not yet used up claim (credit balance) for such services, shall
    receive a pro rata refund of the title to services not yet used (credit
    balance).

Please refund my unused (credit balance)

Thanks

They Replied

Thank you for your email.

We apologise for the confusion, and we really regret the difficulty you had been experiencing when cancelling your membership, but please understand that we do our best to assist our members in any way we can - had you contacted us regarding this difficulty, we would have happily cancelled for you.

The main problem with allocating a refund is that you cancelled too late (after your contract was renewed). As a result we simply cannot agree to award you a refund as you did not either cancel yourself, or request cancellation on time.

We are really very sorry for this, and we apologise for any inconvenience or frustration our decision may cause, but we really have to stand firm on this one.

However, we will be happy to extend your membership for another week for free if you so desire. Please understand that we are committed to making your experience with be2 a positive one, however we must abide by our company policy and the terms and conditions regarding cancellation of membership.

Please let us know if we can help you in any possible way.

We would like to get your feedback. Please click on the link to answer us
    some short questions regarding our service:

José Fitzgerald
    ____________________

email: customerservice@be2.co.uk

be2 - Find the love of your life

be2 S.à.r.l. - 12, rue Jean Engling - L-1466 Luxembourg
    Commercial Register Luxembourg, B 123206
    Authorisation 118042/A
    Directors: Andreas Etten, Dr. Robert Wuttke

I have been emailing them for ages now right from the get go but they simply reply with more and more excuses and keep on repeating themslfs saying that I have used the service but this is impossible as it is still only the 30 November and I have been trying to cancel from the 25 October.

BE2 Is definatly a rippof and they will never give a refund under any sercomstances as all they really want is all your money and in the unlikly event that someone actually finds someone this would seem to be justified as then they have done their job but not for the many that have been completeley scammed.

wish I see these posts before I joined them would have saved me a lot of hastle.

My bank are currently investigating them for fraud I will post the outcome here.

30th of Nov, 2009

just to let people know thier real address from whois

Domain name:

Registered on: 20-Jan-2004
    Renewal date: 20-Jan-2010
    Last updated: 03-Aug-2009

Registration status:
    Registered until renewal date.

Name servers:
    ns3.pixelx.de
    ns4.pixelx.de

WHOIS lookup made at 00:33:57 01-Dec-2009

This WHOIS information is provided for free by Nominet UK the central registry
    for .uk domain names. This information and the .uk WHOIS are:

Copyright Nominet UK 1996 - 2009.

You may not access the .uk WHOIS or use any data from it except as permitted
    by the terms of use available in full at http://www.nominet.org.uk/whois, which
    includes restrictions on: (A) use of the data for advertising, or its
    repackaging, recompilation, redistribution or reuse (B) obscuring, removing
    or hiding any or all of this notice and (C) exceeding query rate or volume
    limits. The data is provided on an 'as-is' basis and may lag behind the

• Di
      28th of Jan, 2010

they are now OUTRIGHT STEALING: i paid and was receipted for a 6 month Premium membership on 3 Jan this year, 2010, THEN, JUST 20 DAYS later, they TOOK another $199.95 from my account!!! No email, no notification, no response to my emails!!!

I have reported them to my bank, blocked further withdrawals, and changed my account details.

Now to go through the rigmarole of resigning my membership officially - as per their required paperwork .. .. ..

Enquiry to their customer service gets only automated reply that doesn't mention my question re their stealing.

Dido