Be Production / Unauthorized charges

Me and my daughters got approached by a be agents. We went to the screen test, of course, we past it. We got called back for the second interview and been lead in an office where the agent name Courtney offered us the deal of $4200 for my two daughters. I felt bad saying no to our daughters there, so we made the down payment of $500 and set up a payment plan. On the way home me and my wife felt uneasy about paying that much money for something like this, and came to realize that we've been fooled by the agent who used our love to our children as a weakness to get us in this deal. At home I looked over the agreement and realized that there was a three day period to cancel everything and get all our money back. So the same night I called the agent and told her that I want to cancel everything because my wife and I feel that we can't really afford this. After giving a try to give us a better deal she accepted our reasoning and told us to fax the cancellation form into the office in the next couple of days. I did that next morning and sent everything back. I should have gotten my money back long time ago according to the agreement, but I have not seen a penny. I keep calling them and asking for the money back, but they are just kept blowing us off. They told us in the beginning that this is not a scam, but if it isn't then why don't they give me my money back. I don't think honest people would do something like this. I did everything the way their policy said I should. I will never again talk to anybody in entertainment about getting in the business. I can't believe these people expect you pay them money for this. I thought they should be with money not preying on low and middle class people and take their honestly earn money. The only thing I want is my money back.

Ma

Comments

21st of Apr, 2009

We got approached at our county fair. I signed my son up and thought...We'll give it a try. Just like you...we did the screen test and a day later got a phone call for the second meeting.
    To make a long story short...I got suckered into paying pay the lowest contract which lasts for two years. Paid for photos, one session of acting classes and he still has had no work. Not to mention the office that we went through in Emeryville, CA closed down in March and the colsest one is in Southern California. Now what am I supposed to do???

Later I learned that you shouldn't have to pay for your child to be in the entertainment business. But if your magically discovered by an agent they will pay you to work for them and once they get you a job that's when they get paid.