BC Sports / Bad Product/Poor Service

1 Montgomeryville MallMontgomeryville, PA, United States Review updated:

I purchased a $10 Yankees World Series Coffee mug for my hsuband's birthday and the artwork peeled off after he used it for the first time. I tried to return or exchange it and they said I couldn't because I had purchased it in December and too much time had passed. His birthday wasn't until the end of January so I didn't give it to him until then. The sales clerk was rude and ignorant, loudly spoke over me in front of other customers and then became beligerent and condescending. I have spent a lot of money in that store and will never go back there again! I threw the mug on the floor and left. He actually called the police to have me banned from the store! I would never go back in that store again and I would advise others not to buy from them. They sell cheap products and then refused to back up what they sell. And they hire idiotic sales clerks who have no customer service skills whatsoever.

Comments

23rd of Feb, 2010

I was in the store as a customer at the time this happened, and I would like to note that the sales clerk was not rude or loud to this customer, he actually offered to give a discount on another purchase, but apparently that just isn't good enough for some people. This woman walked in looking for a fight, and became very loud with the sales clerk. He even said that he could not do anything to help her if she would continue to yell at him. I could not believe what I saw or heard when she came in. Then after that she slammed the mug to the floor, almost hitting the sales associate. I have never in my life seen behavior like this in a public store, from an adult woman. I told the sales associates that they should call security and the police, because it was completely inappropriate behavior. Its a 10$ mug. If you used it and put it in the dishwasher, that was not the companies fault. BC Sports workers were very kind to me as i was standing at the counter making a purchase as all of this went down. I would purchase from this store again.