Bbv*discountbooksale 866 - 7075858 FL / Unauthorized Charges

I made one purchase and now I am getting unauthorized charges monthly. They need to be stopped.

March 05, 2010 BBV*DISCOUNTBOOKSALE [protected] FL Other Bills ($1.00)
January 14, 2010 BBV*DISCOUNTBOOKSALE [protected] FL Other Bills $9.95
February 15, 2010 BBV*DISCOUNTBOOKSALE [protected] FL Other Bills $9.95
March 15, 2010 BBV*DISCOUNTBOOKSALE [protected] FL Other Bills $9.95
March 01, 2010 BBV*DISCOUNTBOOKSALE [protected] FL Other Bills $1.00

Comments

• Cl
      12th of Apr, 2010

Regarding the above complaint about BBVdiscountbooks...I"m having the same problem with being billed over and over for the same purchase...contacted the credit card company...hope they will not accept any further charges.

• Ti
      12th of Jul, 2010

Ok, according to the BBV Discount books customer service line at the phone number 866-7075858, when you bought a book from them, technically in some bs fineprint, you joined their book club. This means you had three days to cancel a book club that you (like me) didnt even realize you had joined before they are allowed to charge you the ten bucks a month. I dont recommend buying for these people due to misleading 'membership' practices.

• Re
      1st of Oct, 2010

They so totally screwed me over too. I NEVER joined any book club, just bought a book. They are sneaky and shouldn't be allowed to scam people by signing you up for a book club without your knowledge!!!

26th of Nov, 2010
    Bbv*discouNTBooksale.com - unautherized charge to my credit card
    BBV Discount Books
    Florida
    BBV*DISCOUNTBOOKSALE.COM

I was charged unauthorized monthly membership fees of $9.95 to my credit card.

• El
      19th of Dec, 2010

I just bought a controller for my PS3 from them.They charged me for the controller. Then charged me a $1.00 for a trial of there "discounts" and then Just charged me for $9.95 for my monthly fee for there membership. That is a bunch of crap!!! When i went to call and cancle the guy tells me that it was stated on the check out page. I was like where in really tiny print. I never saw anything saying about a membership fee. NEVER WILL I BUY FROM THEM AGAIN.

• Md
      21st of Jan, 2011

Because I homeschool, I constantly buy books. So it took me months to realize I had been scammed. Like you, I bought 1used book and on hindsight, I see that I have been scammed for over year. $132 bucks for a $10 book! I hope, my credit card company with fight back for me.

• Ga
      2nd of Jul, 2011

Like others, I have just discovered that I have bee charged for a membership I did not realize I had agreed to. Since December of 2010 I have been charged 19.95 a month, except that in December I had several charges on the same day that totaled $36.64. Total rip off for the year...136.39. If I succeed in reversing this scam in any way, I will report it here.