BBVA Compass Bank / bank sent blocked trust accounts to state controller after taking over for guaranty bank

My two minor children had Blocked Trust accounts at Guaranty Bank since 2004. The money can not be touched until the children ae 18. The CDS will mature near their individual eightenth birthday. Guaranty Bank is a failed bank that BBVA compass took over. I recieved information from BBVA compass about the accounts--ie the account numbers would stay the same. I even phoned BBVA Compass to update our address This takeover was in 2009. BBVA Compass became the holders of the accounts i believe FEb2010. These accounts are blocked and there is a court order that reads that the funds can not be touched until the chidlren are 18. It is very frustrating that BBVA Compass turned over the principal balance as of 2011 to the Calif STate Controller Office. BBVA Compass told me that the accounts were inactive and that was the reason they were sent to the STate controllers office. I dont even think this BAnk checked to see that these were block trust accounts. I contacted the state controllers office and was told th at i would have to file a claim for the funds and then once the claims approved a check would be sent. How can this be--what about the interest. BBVA compass sends a yearly 1099 showing the interest amount. This Bank is awful and had the nerve to tell me the principal amounts are at the state controllers office and the interest at their bank. I feel that if a court order reads the monies are to be deposit in a blocked account and the mature date for one is 2014 and the other 2018, then when the bank took over --the accounts should have stayed with BBVA compass. I received information from BBVA compass reading that the accoutn numbers would stay the same and interest rate would be the same until the cd mature. Also, all atempts to have BBVA compass to correct the social security number of my son's cd has been unsuccessful. I have now contacted the FDIC as well as contacing BBVA compass.