Bbv Discount Books / unauthorized charges

1 GA, United States Review updated:

Two months in a row, my credit card has been charged a $9.95 charge. I want my money back immediately!

Comments

• Jl
      23rd of Feb, 2010

i have had unauthorized charges automatically taken from my checking account. The dates of these transactions are 12/28/09, 1/27/09, and 2/24/09. The amount of each transaction was $9.95 each time. On two of these occasions, my checking account was overdrawn and i was charged a $39.00 insufficient funds fee. At this time, I will expect my account to be credited in the amount of $107.85. If i have no response from you within 30 days, I will pursue legal action.

Date of complaint 2/24/10.

Electronically signed,

Jeannie Gastle

25th of Feb, 2010

Company continued to charge 9.98 a month for an internet purchase I made until I complained. Then they said it was a membership fee that was included on their order form. Very shifty business practices and they have no contact address.

• Jr
      25th of Feb, 2010

Yes, they just did the same thing to my account. They have taken a $1.oo and a $9.95 unauthorized transactions from my account.

2nd of Mar, 2010

I have $19.95 taken from my bank account monthly and I cannot afford it. Could you please tell me what this is for.

I am 73 years of age and do not read as much as I did when I was younger my eyes are not that good. Please e mail me and let me know or phone me at (609) 586 7515 after 6pm.

thank you so much for your cooperation on this matter.

Margaret Ayres
    98 Gates Mill Court
    Hamilton NJ 08690

2nd of Mar, 2010

I have 19.95 taken from my bank account every month and I donot know why. I am 73 years old and I donot read as mucn now as I did a few years ago.

I cannot afford this and would like to have it stopped.

Please e mail me with the answer.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Margare Ayres

• Mr
      5th of Mar, 2010

I recently discovered that I too had a charge of 9.95. I sent in a request for 2 free books and 2 free gifts. Then later I was charged 9.95. I don't get it.

• Wa
      13th of Mar, 2010

yes they have the same to, account. they have taking two unauthorized transactions from my account, one for $17, 95 and one for $9.95wld

• Al
      15th of Mar, 2010

I have been charged three separate times at $9.95 each time and would like to discontinue my monthly membership or whatever is causing these charges and be credited the $29.85 back to my account because it was not made clear that charges would be taken out monthly.

17th of Mar, 2010

Hello, What the heck gives. I have not bought books from you nor do I intend too. Foe 2 months I've been charged 9.95 for books I have not received. Where do you get off charging my account for them.. I expect the money to be put back into my account or I'll contact my lawyer within one week.Not Sincerely Martha Kitchen

• Cm
      19th of Mar, 2010

Ordered book before Christmas, 2009 for which I was rightfully charged $9.11. Was charged again on 12/29/2009 a fee of $9.95 which I was told was in error. Was charged $9.95 again on 1/20/2010, 2/22/2010 and a pending charge for 3/22/2010. There was no information on their website regarding a monthly "fee" to join; this MUST be stopped!!!

• Pe
      21st of Mar, 2010

I have had the same experience, unauthorized charges monthly after one purchase, Wanda or jr30, did either of you get a response to your complaint ?

Jim L. Maryland

• Sl
      22nd of Mar, 2010

Do not order books from this company! Very deceptive. If you are a first time buyer you get a deal where you don't have to pay shipping and get a $5 discount on your order. When you check out, somewhere in the check-out page is an agreement that states by placing this order you are signing up for their membership which costs $9.95 each month. They also hit you up with random $1 charges. You will have to call them to get off of their membership. Argh!

• Kb
      28th of Mar, 2010

I am experiencing the same problem and am in the process of trying to recover my 'membership fees'. They are refunding one months payment as a 'courtesy' to me. Buyer BEWARE do not order from this website.

• Pe
      15th of Apr, 2010

BBV Disocount Books Phone # 1-866-707-5858 Address P.O. 810365 Boca Raton,
    FL. zip 33481 Call them today!! I did!! Stay on it!! don't let up!

• Uw
      22nd of Apr, 2010

Same thing happened to me!! I did not sign up for a membership nor did I need one. I was charged $9.95 for two months before realizing they were charging my account. I called 1-888-646-1662 and talked to a representative. She said that I did sign up for it when I accepted the free shipping; however, it said nothing about a membership!! I argued with her for a minute then asked her to send me proof where I had accepted this membership. She was silent, so I proceeded to ask her for a reimbursement in which I was FINALLY given. My credit card should be reimbursed the $19.90 it was charged within the next two billing cycles. These people are crooks!

• Gi
      27th of Apr, 2010

About a month ago i purchased a book from the BBV Discount books website and they decided, without my knowledge, to sign me up for a trial period of seven days. At the end of that seven days i am suppose to either cancel it, or keep it and pay $10 a month. Had i been aware of this i would have never ordered anything from their site. Also, they signed me up for something called Rebate Giant. I have never heard of this. when i saw this charge on my statement i immediatley called the customer service number. The rep was very friendly and helpful with cancelling these things. And i got that $10 refunded back on my card. Even though she was helpful, i should have never of had to have gone through all this. I will not be ordering from them again.

• Jc
      18th of May, 2010
    Bbv Discount Books - charged me 19.95 for nothing
    bbv discount books

I ordered a couple books from them in March. I paid for them. In April I find noe that they took $9.95 and now Just Yesterday they took another $9.95. I called and asked about this they claim that this is a monthly charge for buying books. I told her to cancel this which she did and I also requested that they return my money. She said she would return the one from this time but it might take up to two billing cycles. The number I called is 1-866-707-5858 for anyone that needs to have this stopped. My only problem is I feel I should get the other one back also I never ordered or even logged on to this site after I got the books that I paid for.

• Me
      26th of Jun, 2010

They were advertising an out of print book that i had not been able to find anywhere else. So i took the bait, entering enough information for them to mail it to me. But they didn't have the book. Instead they began charging me a monthly "membership" fee. For what? When i tried to cancel, they asked for all kinds of additional bank informaiton. I am now attempting to stop the charges -- after six months -- by placing a block on my account.

• Ca
      5th of Jul, 2010

i would like my money back in my backing right now. i am never using this book place again

• Ca
      5th of Jul, 2010

you took 9.98 out of my bank and i didnt even buy anything that was that price so i would like it back now