BB&T / fees

Athens, AL, United States Review updated:

The fees are ridiculous. The deposit times have changed in Athens, Georgia from eight pm to six pm. So when you get off work at five fight traffic your already out of luck. So then you get an overdraft fee. You call to handle it but it take about three calls to handle it there goes another fee $2.00 for the third call and any there after that month. Then it gets real let your account stay negative for seven days another fee. To top it off you only get one overdraft fee returned every two years. Hope your not having a bad year cause they will eat you alive.

Lm
Jan 20, 2017

Comments

• Wi
      20th of Jan, 2017

No. You are irresponsible. BB&T offers mobile banking, so you can deposit your check with the app. If you get fees before you deposit your check then you are spending money before you have it, which makes any fees your fault. Grow up.

@Wine Is Good I'm just talking in general my funds go direct deposit

20th of Jan, 2017

Well then, in general, if you get fees before your direct deposit hits, you are spending money you do not have. Be careful. Too much and they will shut your account down. Back in the day, this was called check fraud, and people were arrested for it. Now, they just close your account and report your credit so no other bank will touch you.

20th of Jan, 2017

@Wine Is Good No I'm not writing checks either with no money I'm talking about my son stop assuming if you would like to know just ask

20th of Jan, 2017

@lmhk29 Assuming? YOU made the original post. I am responding to what YOU wrote. WHY would I have to ask about something YOU did not put in your complaint? Nowhere did you mention a direct deposit, nowhere did you mention your son. SO, YOUR SON, is irresponsible. And why are you posting about this bank when your son is the account holder having the problems? Sometimes, you get mad about things that are none of your business. Like the bank charging your son for his failings.

20th of Jan, 2017

@Wine Is Good Check this out! !!!
    A 6th of Mar, 2010 by catchick30 +2 Votes
    Ok so last friday I look at my account and they had hit me with 2 overdraft fees. The thing is, when I looked the day before I had a positive balance of $70+. They had made "available" to me an automatic child support deposit, but lo n behold that same available balance didnt cover 2 small atm purchases that posted the same date (next day)as my deposit. For $14 they charged me $70. I was livid. So I called. 3times! Each time I was told that the atms were before the deposit. I explained that they had givin me access to my deposit (available balance) on thursday morning so why would that not cover fees that posted thursday night? Again same answer they were done before the deposit. Called 3 times talked to 3 people, and also went thru bank web site with 2 emails which garnered the same response of "MY ERROR" charges stay. (also got charged $4 for calling, $2 for 2 of the calls, maybe i should push my luck and get THESE charges back too).
    Came to the internet and found info (this site possibly?!) Alot of people saying the same thing about bb&T. 1 site directed me to Lieff Cabraser Heimann & Bernstein (link above in article)
    AND ALSO NC commissioner of banks (Link above in article)
    I contacted both thru internet, filed complaint with both, sent signed form to NC Com. Of banks.
    GUESS WHAT, I found a lovely refund of $70 this morning, of course I have recieved NO correspondence from the bank and Im not sure which method got the job done but I am very pleased to have my $ back.
    I advise (especially if it has to do with automatic deposits) to contact the above links, It worked for me even though BB&T told me NO 5x's . This is what I'm talking about

20th of Jan, 2017

Be livid all you want. You do not know how to manage your online banking. If you get an available deposit, and it says PROCESSING, it has not cleared. If it has not cleared, it can not be used. Just because it shows as available, until it clears it is not truly available. READ your account terms. You are grown. Act like it.

21st of Jan, 2017

@Wine Is Good To tell you the truth I think you are very rude and childish. This is a complaint website. I posted a complaint then of all the post and replies you chose me. This was about BB&T not about making friends. So with that being said on to the next chapter.

21st of Jan, 2017

@Wine Is Good Oh yeah by the way that is not my story pulled it from civil lawsuit comment number two.

21st of Jan, 2017

@lmhk29 You are not special honey. You posted on a public website with a comment forum. You can not manage your money. I am sorry if the truth hurts your feelings. Perhaps you and your son should take a finance class to learn how to manage a bank account.

21st of Jan, 2017

@lmhk29 So you are a liar?

21st of Jan, 2017

@Wine Is Good How am I a liar her name is at the beginning of the post you just can't read. Furthermore I have no problems managing my funds. This situation started with him losing his debit card. Someone used it. But the transaction he had already authorised got fees. He had to call three or four times to talk about what was happening. They charged him for that also. People should work for what they want and just stop taking for people that are.

21st of Jan, 2017

@lmhk29 Typo it should be from people that are.

21st of Jan, 2017

@Wine Is Good It should be finance classes.

21st of Jan, 2017

I read just fine. NO WHERE at the beginning, the middle or the end do you mention any son, anything about some other woman's post, or anyone's name. You do, however, say YOU quite a bit. How about YOU learn to read.

Oh, and no, it is finance class. And you and your son should learn to manage a bank account, and learn to be responsible with your bank cards.

@Wine Is Good A 6th of Mar, 2010 by catchick30 +2 Votes

• Ca
      22nd of Jan, 2017

I chose not to be able to over draw on my account. I am more cognizant of the amount I have and less likely to make impulsive purchases. It was an option they gave me when I opened my account.