BB&T Bank / bad customer service! interest rip offs!

PO Box 2306Wilson, NC, United States Review updated:
3.75

Following many calls to customer service, these people, just can't get it right, which means this practice is probably a part of their "corporate plan".

I have an auto loan that auto-deducts out of my checking account monthly, and I thought I'd like to make additional principal payments after my regular payment to finish the loan off early. I paid $75 additional, and when I got the monthly printed statement, these guys took $53.35 in interest and $21.65 on the principal. Needless to say I freaked out, and immediately called in to have it fixed.

I got many different stories, from customer service from..."you can't do that", to, the final answer " Oh, yea this we can easily correct". Well, here it is months later and still not fixed (they are still not putting the entire payment to principal), and I get the feeling they believe we are all ignorant, illiterate, and stupid that we'll never find this, let alone get perturbed enough to lodge this complaint.

I have had many loans and dealings with banks, but I've never seen anything quite as bad as these people, so if your considering BB&T, save yourself some aggravation, and avoid this bank.

Monday I will again start calling to have this situation rectified, and go through it all one more time.
Va

Comments

Fr
  8th of Nov, 2008
BB&T IS A DISGRACE! IN MOST AREAS THEY DO NOT CARE ABOUT THE CUSTOMER. THE BRANCH MANAGER CAN BE THE PROBLEM IN MOST BANKS. THEY ARE OF NO USE OTHER THAN STRUTTING AROUND DOING NOTHING. THE TELLERS ARE WORKING ALL JOBS BECAUSE OF EMPLOYEE CUT BACKS. I CALLED AND THE LADY SAID SHE HAD TO GET BACK TO THE WINDOW. I AM DISABLED AND THEY DO NOT HAVE ANY ENTRY FOR DISABLED PEOPLE AT THE GRAHAM BRANCH. THEY OWN THE GOVERNMENT AND HAVE PRIVLEDGES FEW OF US HAVE. PEOPLE WITH LARGE AMOUNTS OF MONEY KNOW WHO TO CALL AND THEY ARE HELPED IMMEDIATELY. MOST CUSTOMERS GET NO HELP AND MUST MAKE PHONE CALLS AND PLEAD!
Br
  26th of Nov, 2008
I have been with this bank 4 years, I have never been treated so bad in the past 6 months, it seems like this bank is, I dont even have the words to say about this bank, I went to atm machine right beside bank, It didnt even give me my money, I have been though hell with this bank, it was like so what if it took your money, I hate this bank
Fl
  7th of Jan, 2011
It will cost me more to pay off the loan than to finish paying the last 26 months! They won't answer the question "Why?" I asked how much the interest would be each month and they said there was no way of calculated that. She was very guarded and would give no information when I asked "My interest is$98 this month - what will it be in the future?" THe only response was "I cannot answer that question." The representative was completely rude and obviously trained to not answer questions!!

Branch Banking & Trust Company / BB&T Logo Branch Banking & Trust Company / BB&T
Overall Satisfaction Rating