BB&T Bank / bad customer service! interest rip offs!
Following many calls to customer service, these people, just can't get it right, which means this practice is probably a part of their "corporate plan".
I have an auto loan that auto-deducts out of my checking account monthly, and I thought I'd like to make additional principal payments after my regular payment to finish the loan off early. I paid $75 additional, and when I got the monthly printed statement, these guys took $53.35 in interest and $21.65 on the principal. Needless to say I freaked out, and immediately called in to have it fixed.
I got many different stories, from customer service from..."you can't do that", to, the final answer " Oh, yea this we can easily correct". Well, here it is months later and still not fixed (they are still not putting the entire payment to principal), and I get the feeling they believe we are all ignorant, illiterate, and stupid that we'll never find this, let alone get perturbed enough to lodge this complaint.
I have had many loans and dealings with banks, but I've never seen anything quite as bad as these people, so if your considering BB&T, save yourself some aggravation, and avoid this bank.
Monday I will again start calling to have this situation rectified, and go through it all one more time.
More BB&T Bank Complaints & Reviews
- BB&T Bank - they will flat ruin you! 
- BB&T - bb&t class action lawsuit 
- BB&T - loan modification 
- BB&T - frauds and scam 
- BB&T Bank - hold on my account 
- Branch Banking & Trust Company / BB&T - online banking customer service
- BB&T - bb&t return fees
- [Resolved] Branch Banking & Trust Company / BB&T - return fees
- [Resolved] Branch Banking & Trust Company / BB&T - checking account
- [Resolved] Branch Banking & Trust Company / BB&T - hold and overdraft fees on my checking account