BB&T Bank / hold on my account

Where is my deposit? This is a constant recurring problem. It takes forever for a check deposit to show up with BBT! Everytime a deposit is made (even payroll checks) they put a hold on your deposit for 48-72 hours. Why? No one at the bank could tell me. When I sent an email to their customer service, I got the automated response saying that they will get back to me in 48-72 hours.

Okay... I'm taking that 48-72 hours to move my money elsewhere.

Dc

Comments

• Wa
      14th of Nov, 2010

i won a law suite and had a certified check for over a hundred thousand dollars i am new here and had too chang banks ; i went too BB&T thinking that its a big bank thought it will be safe for now. I went too open it and the bank new accounts ladie at first had a attitude like i didnt belong there due too the fact that i am part mexican, spanish, irish, german, indian, but i look mexican; when she ask me if she could see the check, she acted like i was a thief for having it she wanted too see my ID, i told but i dont even know if i want too bank, she reached for my ID and said i have go see my supervisor first somthing was very strange with that she told me what the bank could offer with the account she was giving me and told that the funds would not be available until the 30th of nov the day the account was being openned was the 12th of nov. she even took a copy of the check and called a person and made sure that it was too be held until the 30th of nov. I went home and throught about it and the more i throught the more i felt affended. My husband on the account his white and looks it, she asked me and put in the computer when was the last time i worked, then she me for a pin number which is normal but no key pad too punch it in i had too tell what it was going too be wth people around cashing there checks . im worried already about this bank she wanted my cell phone and my home phone i told all she needs is my home and she no i also need your cell too get a hold of you, im calling my lawyer first thing monday and let him know that his certified checks are treated worse then a personal check and this a large firm im sure there not going appriciate there being treated like that. may be he will let his bank know had there certified checks are treated, in the mean time i have too wait and as soon as it released i will move my money and the future checks too another bank that will treat me like a person and not a thief .

• Ml
      24th of Feb, 2011

This happens to me all the time! They have a sign up in the bank saying that if the check is over one hundred dollars that a hundred of it would be available for immediate withdraw. I went and put in a check in the bank about an hour ago... guess who's one hundred bucks didn't show up in there immediately?
    But this isn't the only time. It happens nearly every time I deposit a check that is over a hundred, they say that part of it will be there immediately. But its not there for a couple of days... I hate BB&T

• Ce
      5th of Feb, 2016

i don't think anyone should be aloud to put a hold on my money. If I go to the bank to deposit a check from work, I should have the money that day!

• Jb
      10th of Mar, 2017

Just made an atm deposit at 6:15 pm and for some reason it's on hold. The account is a second account I use for online purchases and I was a $1.62 overdrawn. So I deposited 20 via the atm and now it's on hold... probably until these scam artists can process a $37 fee first. I'm glad I'm changing banks it was a mistake to keep this account.

• Se
      4th of Jun, 2018

Is anyone suing? Reading these complaints gives me the impression that these are bank sanctioned practices. I am a contractor and have my company account with bbnt. Im a small operation so I have noticed the fees and holds. I deposited a cashiers check for 4, 000.00 and immediately was put on hold. Three days later no word from bbnt. Day four, after some prodding on my end to bbnt, response check is being held for fraud investigation. My first job for Allstate, so I inform my customer, she is livid and contacts her bank, they inform her funds have already cleared. She demands a return of the deposit, when bbnt has no response. A full ten to fourteen days later, under threat of being arrested, I visit my branch where everyone is too busy to provide any documentation or rational. Also my account is now 4, 000.00 more than it should be. With nothing to show from the bank, and a very irate customer, I went to the teller and refunded her deposit. Still no word from bbnt. This was the beginning of what would've been a long term relationship with Allstate, estimate on this first job was 15, 620.00. Long term relations and my professional reputation probable damaged beyond repair. What is the recourse at our disposal to stop these predatory practices? Any information with regard to this matter is help, thank you. [protected]@gmail.com or direct line Sean 5164501233. I am a Ga. based co.