Bbg Londoon Gb / Credit Card Fraud

1 Brooklyn, United States Review updated:

I went online today to check my account and discovered that 4 charges are pending on my account for charges made yesterday several minutes apart. I did not use my card yesterday. And apparently BBG Londoon is some kind of phone company. I was in Antigua about 2 weeks ago, and used the hotel phone and used my cc for calls that have already appeared and been paid for on my card.

My CC says that since the money is pending, they have to wait 7 days and see if the merchant tries to collect. Then I can lodge a dispute and try to get my money back! That is insane. otherwise I have to ask for a new card and block the use of this one, which leaves me in a lurch financially.

Who is this BBG and what can I do?

Comments

• Do
      19th of Nov, 2008

Who is this BBG and what can I do?

• Gr
      27th of Nov, 2008

I also have a change on my account from this company, I made a call from Mexico a week ago on the account. BE VERY CAREFUL if traveling and using your credit card to make a call to thye states.

• Pa
      10th of Dec, 2008

I also have a charge from this company. I suspect that my card was compromised either in Germany when I paid for services at a hotel or in Nigeria when I tried to use an ATM, I can't think of that many times that I tried to use the card. I have blocked that card now.

• Wt
      11th of Dec, 2008
    Bbg Londoon Gb - bbg londoon gb
    bbg londoon gb

Me and my bank were running circles trying to figure out what the 3 postings I had on my account for "BBG LONDOON GB" even was or where it came from. Come to find out online from other complaints that its a scam. its a scam from some non-existant phone company overseas that takes your credit card number if you so choose to use it when you are overseas to phone the USA. Now my bank says they cant get me my money since its still pending and then once its taken by "the merchant" then I can file a fraud report. WTF!?!?! I am seriously about to out a lot of money!!!

• Gp
      6th of Jan, 2009

The same thing happened to me.
    I check my accounts daily on the internet.
    There were several purchases made through BBG, Londoon.
    I had a feeling it had something to do with the phone company i used while in Mexico a few weeks ago. After reading your story it confirms mine.
    omg this is horrific..
    i found out today,
    i have to wait until tomorrow to speak with my bank.

• Mi
      18th of Jan, 2009

I LOOKED AT MY PREPAID VISA ACCOUNT TODAY AND FOUND 2 SMALL CHARGES FROM BBG LONDOON GB ON THE PAID CHARGES. WHEN I CALLED THE C.C. COMPANY THEY SAID THE ORIGINAL CHARGES WERE MADE DEC 25 AND WERE NOT PAID SINCE I HAD NOT RECHARGED THE ACCOUNT. I USE THE CARD FOR TRAVEL. I USED THE TELEPHONE INSIDE LAX TO LET MY WIFE KNOW I WAS HOME. AFTER READING THE OTHER COMPLAINTS IT BECAME CLEAR WHAT HAD HAPPENED. I GUESS NEXT TIME I WILL GET A PREPAID PHONE CARD.

• Ro
      23rd of Jan, 2009

THE SAME EXACT THING HAPPEND TO ME. I was in Germany coming home from Iraq and made phone calls from where other military members were as well. I know there are about 25 phones in that place and i know that 5 of my fellow Marines made phone calls. We all got charged money out of our accounts and personally i have charges coming out as of now of 150. This is a fraud. Everyone should get in touch w/ their bank and guess what all you can do is fill out a fraudulant complaint and you may or may not receive your money back. Well yeah guess what i believe no one should use your credit card to call loved ones that you have not spoken w/ in months b/c of the crazy charges from a phone company in GERMANY. Thanks for my service huh?

• Bd
      26th of Jan, 2009

I also had the same problem, I made a call from Salt Lake City to someone in the States and was initially charged one dollar from a California company. 4 days later I I was charged 13.32 from the Londoon gb company. I filed a complaint and terminated the card.

• Sr
      28th of Jan, 2009

i was charged 150 dollars from this same phone company

• Sh
      14th of Feb, 2009

I was in Colorado (USA) and called a local number from a pay phone right down the street from me. If I had change, the call would have been only 50 cents. I was charged $11.27, $0.95, $0.33 and $0.01. My bank filed a claim and if the merchant does not respond in a certian time I will be refunded. WTF?!? is right. I'll never leave my cell phone again.

• St
      25th of Feb, 2009

I just got back from the Domincan Republic and the resort did not accept pre-paid calling cards so I used my credit card on my room phone and got dinged with over $300 in charges today. My bank's fraud alert flagged half of the charges and stopped them and are reversing the rest.

• Fu
      11th of Mar, 2009

this company can kiss my ###, they ripped me off for 156.00 for 3 phone calls that never even went through. they are located in san ysidro, CA. i have a little story for all my fellow ripped off people. i called 1-619-661-6661 and spoke to an operator, and threatened to kill everyone in the building if i didnt speak to a manager, which they still refused refused. so, i call back and descise my voice and said that i am a deputy at the san ysidro police department and we had gotten a tip about some threatining phone calls to your company. the lady instantly got serious, and i told her that we traced the call it was located in warmer springs, ca, which is about 30 mins from their location. i told her that i was sending a officer to thier location to make sure everything was ok. i then said i needed to speak to a manager, which she transfered me. i came clean to the manager and told her my perdiciment, and she took my information and gave it to the manager of the customer service department. the manager of the customer service department then called me back 10 mins later and said they would reverse the charges on my card monday.

for anyone else who has had this problem i have some inside information.

call the manager, her name is Neome Almos, and her direct line is 619-498-9003. she should be able to help, and the damn customer services agents wont give you the run around.

also, i dont recomment anyone else do this, i will probably be getting a phone call from the local police where i am at with some kind of terroristic threat charge. but hey, at least im on the track to getting my money back. if i get refunded i will post again.

good luck all

• Fu
      16th of Mar, 2009

im back, i told you that i would post again if this company reversed the charges on my card, and the customer service manager, who's information i have provided in my previous post has stuck to her word, and refunded me all of my money. good luck to everyone else.

19th of Mar, 2009

I am in the middle of the same thing!!! My husband called 2 times, and one went to the voicemail and we didnt recieve any missed call from the second one. They charged around 50$ for each call, and now they are doing it again...3 weeks later! WHY??? BULL CRAPPERS!!!
    I am speaking to someone right now, she said that all 4 of the calls were made and received, ummm, no! I know when my phone is ringing and when I dont get a call! STUPID...I want my 200$ back now! especially the last 100$ that they just decided to charge again.

I canceled my card...And doing a fraud investigation. How did you all deal with this, I just cant handle this. My husband is in Iraq, and he cant call me! errr So I know that those last 2 calls are FAKE!!!

• Du
      27th of Mar, 2009

My hubby and I are running into the same problem. We were in Jamaica and told the phone calls would be 6.00 for the first 3 mins and 1.00 each additional minute only to find out when we got home that I had over 110.00 and he over 170.00 for 7 calls total that didnt even last 30 minutes for all 7 of them - I have to wait until all my charges go through before I can dispute them! You can bet I will be disputing this bullcrap!

• Du
      27th of Mar, 2009

Ok, i called the number the guy listed above and when I did it rang a few times and then went busy! So i called the 661-6661 number who gave me a 1-800-608-0575 number. The gentleman I spoke with there told me that all of my MC $ was going to be refunded bc they have an agreement with MC to do that but only gave me back 37.00 of my 90.00. He told me the hotel cant quote the rates. I think they are honestly running a scam, a situation that if you dont call and complain then they get your money. Otherwise why would they have something set up. I didnt have an issue with paying for my calls but I have an issue with paying that much for them. My husband did just inform me that he got another charge so we will definately be making sure that our bank puts something on there so they cant charge us anymore as well! Hope this helps some people!

• In
      6th of Sep, 2010

The BBG/ Faircall/ International Satellite Communications scam must be stopped
    John Mattes here at Investigativeguy.com .We are talking to consumers around the globe and asking for details of how they got scammed by BBG./ International SatelliteCommunications /faircall ... so we can take action. The scam has gone on for at least 5 years at hotels and pay phones all over the world.If enough consumers stand up we can end the scam .Write giving us details of how they scammed you. Send to investigativeguy@gmail.com
    See all our scam busting stories at http://www.investigativeguy.com

I-guy

• In
      2nd of Nov, 2010

HI John Mattes here
    We are talking to consumers about the BBG scam and hope to propose a way to take action. in the meantime enjoy the story we did on them . You can see it at http://www.investigativeguy.com
    Please contact us at Investigativeguy@gmail.com