BBG Communication London / Phone call with credit card

1 Victoria, Australia Review updated:

I was in Singapore Changi Airport and using my credit card to call my girlfriend in China for about 10 minutes. And I was charged more than AUD30.00 for the call. This is completely ###!! What kind of service is this!! Felt like swearing about this!!

St
Sort by: DownDate | Rating

Comments

• Ri
      29th of Mar, 2018

I just had the same experience in London Heathrow Airport! I made a local call for 3mins, my credit card was charged US$10! Crazy and ridiculous! This company shouldn’t exist in the wold!

• Pa
      7th of May, 2017

I am a victim of overcharging, yesterday I forgot my mobile and had to ring home, a local call to the next town and no more than 60p in the public call box.
    They have taken £6 from my account for a 1 minute call, that is a disgrace

• Pa
      8th of May, 2017

@Pauline Harris And another 95p has gone out today

• Gw
      26th of Sep, 2014

I agree. I stupidly
    made a call too some massechusses which only lasted all of 20mins. The next day I had a call from my bank asking If I'd made the call and I said yes but was informed by my bank at the time the call had been charged too me from BBG at £17.70 yet when I checked my account a few days later I found the robbing ### had taken £59.80.Now my fight is on with them and my bank.

• Li
      21st of Nov, 2013

Why has nothing been done about this rip off company, I had the same all complaints above, in a pay phone using my credit card in Manchester, England to a landline in `Sheffield, England, they took 2 x's £6.56 then tried to take £25.00 but I got through to an operator who said my credit card had been declined, thank goodness my credit card company stopped this, thinking it had been stolen and that BBG communications had tried 4 times to collect £6.56 !!! I will never go in a pay phone again. In the end I went into Vodafone store and used there phone FREE

• Dp
      4th of May, 2010

### GBP60 for 2 x 2 min calls to UK from Paris

31st of Dec, 2009

YET ANOTHER POOR VICTIM HERE RIPPED OFF BY THESE FILTHY CROOKS AT BBG. THEY SHOULD BE HUNG! MADE THREE CALLS FROM COSTA RICA TO CALIFORNIA. ONE TO MY MOTHER ON X-MAS DAY LASTING LESS THAN 3 MIN., A SECOND MADE TO CHECK MY VOICEMAIL IN WHICH I WAS CUT OFF SHORT LESS THAN 10 SECONDS, AND A THIRD TO FINALLY RETREIVE MY MESSAGES LASTING LESS THAN A MINUTE OR TWO. EACH CALL WAS CHARGED TO MY VISA AT $49.10 U.S.!!! $147.30 FOR LESS THAN 5 MINUTES PHONE TIME!!! WHERE IS THE JUSTICE???? HANG THESE CORPORATE CRIMINALS!!!

• Ty
      23rd of May, 2009

Yep, just got nailed too. I'm in Bali and made 2 calls for about 20-25 minutes each. Each totaled almost $100. This was inside the Hard Rock Cafe, so I'm guessing they'll find it interesting that their international and highly public company is hosting rip-off phones in their lobby.

Suggest complaining to hosting establishment, the bank, and alerting BBG that you will be pursuing a charge back if they don't reverse the charges. Banks should not be allowing them to run credit cards with the number of outstanding complaints that they have.

• Di
      30th of Jan, 2009

I am another victim of BBG Communication at Belgium airport. My wife called me from Brussel airport to US and she just left voice message to my cell and that was for less than a min. And they have charged $49.38. my bank called me for unauthorised transaction but as a responsible citizen I told to the bank that yes we have used the credit card but the price they have charged is beyond expectation. After that Bank authorized that transaction and when I spoke at BBG Communication customer service then they spoke so rudely, you cant imagine... eventually they told me that they would return $19.75 as a courtesy and it would be in your bank within 2-3 days.
    And they gave the break down also i.e. connection charge 16.99 + 5.29 min. charge.. that too comes at$22.28 but they dont had any explanation of $49 charge... it sucks...
    OUR USA GOVT. should take some actiona against such company!! I dont have that much time otherwise I would have sued them or any such kind of provider.

• Na
      3rd of Dec, 2008

Same here for two short calls from denver airport to a mobile phone in atlanta. Less than 2 minutes and i was charges A$ 38.
    Bloody disgusting. How is this possible in this day and age, and in so many places?

• Ni
      26th of Nov, 2008

I have just been charged AU$350 for 5 separate short calls (all <10mins each) I needed to make to book a flight from an airport !!!

This is going to court and they will pay all costs. This company will be laughed at in court. Please tell me others WILL do the same.

• Am
      11th of Nov, 2008

I'm another victim of BBG Comm at Changi Airport. I have used credit cards for over 20 years but always tried not to use it outside Australia. On 27/10/2008 my flight was delayed and I was desperate to inform my family. I could not find any place at Changi airport to buy a phone card so reluctantly used my Visa card. I was suspicious of not seeing any call rates displayed but thought scam has no place at one of the best airport in the world. My call was 2 short sentences of less than 30 seconds and a few days later my Visa statement showed BBG Comm. charging me 2 transactions totalling of over AUD $28! This bad experience will further deter people to use credit cards while travelling. I would blame Changi Airport's management for allowing this to happen for so long and to so many people as I would only use my Visa card because I thought it is safe to do so at Changi!!!

• Mi
      10th of Nov, 2008

I am another victim of BBG Communication rip-off. This time being an unsuspecting visitor I purchsed a sim card for 10 pounds from a vending machine at an international airport in London. The sim card was a popular and legal phone provider but what I didn't know at the time (and how would a visitor know) that this legal phone provider DO NOT put their sim cards into vending machines. Everything about the package looked legitimate. I activated the card but when I went to top up with my credit card it wouldn't accept it on both occasions. When I checked my credit card statement whilst still overseas I had been charged by these rip-off merchants for a total of $AUD176 AND I hadn't even spoken to anyone by phone. I have since been in contact with my bank and they are investigating these low life. I have also informed the legal phone company and they are holding their own investigation and hopefully will put notices on the vending machines. In the meantime, don't let these people get away with these rip-offs, try everything to get your money back, don't give up. Keep complaining, hopefully eventually justice will be done. Thank you

• Gr
      9th of Nov, 2008

I'm another sucker. Mada a call from LAX airport to my son in New Orleans for about 3-5 minutes. Ripped off for AUD35.00 by a company BBG Communications in UK. Cheaper to get Global Roaming with Telstra. Next time I'll send a smoke signal.

• Li
      6th of Nov, 2008

I was charged AUD$25 for a 1-2minute quick phone call at Changi Airport to my boyfriends SINGAPORE sim card - just to see where abouts he was. Thank God I didn't call anybody back home to let them know I had arrived in Singapore safely, I dread to think how much I would have been charged! BBG are a complete rip off...

• Re
      22nd of Oct, 2008

Just got back from a business trip to Jamaica. Called home to South Carolina twice to talk to my daughter. Each call less than 2 minutes - one charged $33 the other $35. Then last night I get a call from fraud protection at my bank that BBG is trying to process even more charges to my account!!! Complete and total BS!!! I've printed off about 50 pages of complaints on this company that I found on line to take to my back and ask that the charges not be paid and file fraud complaints on this company.

16th of Oct, 2008

Sounds like the same old thing but I was in Changi Airport over a month ago and today I was just charged $A36.75 on my credit card for a call that didn't even connect! That's the last time I slide anything of mine through an asian slot you pommy ###!!!

• Mi
      15th of Oct, 2008

I was in Spain and (like everyone) had no choice from my room. The hotel (Marriott brand) did not sell calling cards. Anyone who thinks the hotel (or airport) is not only aware, but getting a cut is insane... we all just need to get the word out. we got back from vaca a month ago, were charged and TODAY they tried to charge AGAIN!!!

• Ro
      7th of Oct, 2008

I used the card 3 times for 1-5 minutes each time. Charges $23.81, $16.70 and $7.22 USD. Calling from a hawaii payphone local to another hawaii location (same area code). I informed my CC company that the charges were not authorized and they are cancelling my card and paying for the bill.

• De
      3rd of Sep, 2008

One more victim here. I just made two calls in changqi airport and BBG charged me abt AU$80. The bill shows that on the day I made the calls they charged me $1 each. After 3 days they charged me two amount again, both of them are abt AU$40 something. I will contact my CC company to see wether they can help me or not.

• Aa
      2nd of Sep, 2008

I have exactly the same experience. I also called my family in China on 31 July from Changi Airport, Singapore. I did not buy the phone card thinking that that might be expensive as I might not have used up all the credits in the phone card. So preferred to use my Gold Visa Card. Just checked the account and to my surprise the total bill charged to my account is about US$80. Talk time would have been hardly 2-3 minutes. ###!! ###!!!