Bayway Lincoln Mercury / Oral guarantee

US Review updated:

I purchased 2006 Mercury from Bayway Lincoln Mercury after being promised that all problems with the car would be fixed. They said they would have to sell the car to me "as is" since they just got the car in and hadn't inspected it yet. They gave us only oral guarantee and I worry about this.

Comments

• Li
      Nov 30, 2012

How is this a complaint? What has gone wrong with the car? What damages have you incurred, financial or otherwise?

• Th
      Dec 01, 2012

@Roy Treat
    "I purchased 2006 Mercury from Bayway Lincoln Mercury after being promised that all problems with the car would be fixed. They said they would have to sell the car to me "as is" since they just got the car in and hadn't inspected it yet."

Ladies and gentlemen this is what is called being schooled in scamming 101. How about you put that oral promise in writing and sign it? Sure oral contracts are enforceable but not before you go through too many hoops that would have been negated by you not purchasing an AS IS car or having the promise in written form. Why back yourself into such a position in the first place? Proof this is bad? you said "I worry about this." Enough said.