Bayne Apple Valley Farm / RUDE and RACIST owner

1 Freeland, MI, United States Review updated:

Me and a friend visited Bayne Apple Valley Farm in Freeland, MI to partake of some fall activies and buy some things. Like most paying customers, we looked around and purchased cookies and a few things. However, 15min. into our visit my friend notice the police following us around the store. Although we were the ONLY two black people in the store I didn't think much of it because we were just shopping and not doing anything suspicious. I later even joked and made general conversation with one of the police officer.

When it came time to leave the store we got in our car to leave and were approached by an officer (while two others stood watch) who began questioning us and asking for IDs. Me and my friend have never had any contact with law enforcement or warrants, tickets, etc. I infact have a degree from Wayne State Univ. and work for the Federal Courts. After checking our information the police officer told us the store owner (PATTI BAYNE/TOMZACK) called to report two suspicious looking black guys. She even told the police officer that she thought we were there to ROB them. The police officer apologize for the incident and said she was paranoid for calling.

I later contacted PATTI BAYNE/TOMZACK to get an apology but she flatly REFUSED to apologize for what happen and later made some of her employees sign FALSE statements saying they felt "threaten" by us. Later, I had the opportunity to talk to a few people who use to work there and its clear this woman has MAJOR issues (personal and professional). What happen to me and my friend was just bad business. This woman would called the police on President Obama if he walked in her store. Its sad during this time that a so-called business woman in her 60s can be racist like that.

Comments

• Su
      10th of Aug, 2009

OMG...It's hard to believe this type of thing still exist. I just moved to this area and was thinking about checking this place out...I'm glad I checked this website first. I think I spend my money elsewhere.

Thanks for the post!

• Ac
      11th of Aug, 2009
    Bayne's Apple Valley Farm - poor customer service skills
    Bayne's Apple Valley Farm
    Freeland
    Michigan

Poor customer service skills by owner, told our family not to visit the store.