Bay Area Promotions Inc. / Fraud and cheating

United States Review updated:

When something seems to be too good to be true, it most certainly is. Well this is what Bay Area Promotions did to me. After a interesting posting on Careerbuilder saying we need motivated sales and marketing reps with little to no experience needed as well as proven closers with UNLIMITED earning potential. Well after going to my first interview, I was a bit suspicious by the office as it seemed like it was just made a week before. The lobby was in poor conditions, top 40 music blasting and what seemed to be fake awards adorning the poorly painted walls. After meeting with the 'CEO' as he called himself, I was again suspicious of his office, as his desk looked like it was 40 years old and he had a computer from the 1980's. After promising me unlimited earning potential by selling promotional marketing products, he was impressed with my resume. I opted to go on a second interview which was an all day fiasco. On the day of my 2nd interview, I was paired with 2 other individuals, who seemed to have fallen for this scheme. We went all over some town in no-where Minnesota and sold crappy markers, cheap fountains and whatever crap the company received that day. Well after 8 hours of going door-to-door I felt this job was truly bogus and I would only be peddling this company's cheap crap on a daily basis. Once the interview was over, I met with the 'CEO' and he offered me a position and told me I would make 100k my first year. Well it didn't add up as he certainly was not making that much as his office was a decrepit pile of garbage with cheap furniture and poor paint job and his suit was bargain basement. I truly believe his company uses employees for as long as possible until they can no longer handle the crap this company offers and sells. The potential to make a lot of money is impossible with this company and the promise of management is out of reach as no one in their right mind could handle more than 2 weeks at this company. So for all you job seekers beware of this fraudulent company and their fake promises. Do not believe the advertisement that Bay Area Promotion Offers and don't buy what this A hole as to offer.
Va

Comments

27th of Jan, 2009
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
i worked there for over a month and my car broke down and the money i made the whole time there was what it was to fix to car from driving all over...!
Mn
  9th of Feb, 2009
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
This description is 100% true. I had the same EXACT interview process and it felt it was fishy from the start. Any company that promotes itself as promising HUGE commissions and tons of money, should at least present itself in good nature. That company is cheap and it shows in all areas, from the dump that it runs out of as well as the office that you interview in. I felt like I was in Guantanamo Bay, not a professional marketing company.
  29th of Jul, 2009
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
I had the same experiences with this company. After my first interview they told me to come in for a second interview which is supposed to be "hard to get" for a job shadow day with one of their employees; they told me to dress in business attire.

I showed up and there were about 30 other people there for their "job shadow" that morning and for I thought was going to be a day of shadowing office work turned out to be me and several other potential hirees going to St. Paul all day with a few of the employees and peddling their cheap crap. For 8 hrs straight with a break for lunch I walked up and down the hilly streets around St. Paul in business clothes and heels! Not to mention that it was about 80 degrees that day and they made me carry their stuff, I'm a small girl and I was lugging around about 70lbs of crap all of which looked even crappier and extremely beat up from being smashed into their tote bags.

I really needed a summer job so I took it but then quit before my first week was up. When I went back to get paid I discovered that they pay you in cash, it was very seedy (but I tricked them into paying me for my "job shadow" haha). They say this company is the future of marketing but it reminded me of some sleazy 1950s door to door sales person peddeling their junk which no one ever wants to buy. Dont get sucked into this, its nothing respectable youd ever want to put on your resume and anyone that lasts longer than 2 weeks is either just as nuts as the guy running it or they have superhuman powers. This place is a sham!
Pa
  26th of Jun, 2011
Totally!
Mine happened around March 2008. They took me into a Home Depot to sell something... I think it was cabinets or something. I helped a customer and they took me back to the "office". The "CEO" offered me the job and when I ask about how much was the salary, the "CEO" said he wasn't sure, but it was about $20/hour... Yeah, how can you offer a job that you don't even know how much it pays? He said the lady that shadowed me would call me with the pay info. She calls me that night and said it was minimum wage + comission... Are you kidding me? I said I had to decline the offer since I was in about to get my 1st house... And got a great job a couple of weeks later. They are scammers! Don't fall for it!

Bay Area Promotions, Inc Logo Bay Area Promotions, Inc