Bauer Comfort / Terrible customer service

1402 Sheepshead Bay RoadBrooklyn, NY, United States Review updated:
4.15
Phone: 718-368-3300

On 2/27/08 I purchased blankets at the Bauer Comfort in Brooklyn. Less than one later I called to cancel the order (I had visited a friend who had the product, and I decided I did not want it). I spoke with Svetlana Khashmati, Executive Sales & Staff Manager, who said she would cancel the order. On March 17, after UPS had made many attempts to deliver, a neighbor who was not authorized (since I had no idea the product had been shipped) signed for the box. I shipped it back via UPS unopened. It was received and signed for on March 24. Now the product has been returned, and credit card bill arrives for the amount of purchase. No credit had been issued. I wrote a letter to the credit card company disputing the charge. May 27 I received a letter from credit card company finding in favor of Bauer Comfort because they do not accept refunds or exchanges. I then spoke with an attorney who sent Bauer Comfort a letter requesting that the charge be credited since they had the merchandise and failing that, that we would seek other legal remedies. Yesterday I filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau, the Consumer Protection Agency, and in process of my complaint to the Attorney General's Office, which will include all the documentation to the items addressed in this commentary. I also discovered a very damaging comment about this company on the [redacted]. The Better Business Bureau also reports a number of disputes regarding their refund policies and consumer practices. The company representative, Svetlana Khashmati, said she was canceling the order, then deliberately sent it, in order to receive her commission, and they have refused to credit me despite the fact that they have the merchandise. This is outrageous behavior for a reputable company. I am demanding a full credit refund on my credit card.

Comments

In
  29th of Aug, 2009
THE COMPLAINT SHOULD BE ADDRESSED TO BAUER COMFORT IN BROOKLYN AND NOT SVETLANA KHASHMATI
MRS. KHASHMATI IS A SALES PERSON IN BAUER COMFORT AND NOT AN OWNER. ANY FURTHER COMPLAINT OR UNFOUNDED COMMENTS LIKE THIS ONE SHOULD BE ADDRESSED TO THE PARTY WHO CAN ACTUALLY CANCEL YOUR ORDER.
  30th of Jul, 2010
Please also call the Federal Trade Commission at (88) 382-1222. Once that have received enough complaints, they will start a formal investigation.
  30th of Jul, 2010
Please also call the Federal Trade Commission at (888) 382-1222. Once that have received enough complaints, they will start a formal investigation.
This company is fraudulent and should be stopped so that no one else will suffer from their scams!
Dear All,
The business strategy of Bauer Comfort U.S.A. is to cold-call Russian-speaking senior citizens all over the NYC ares and sell them their products of terrible quality. My mother was pressured into buying a mattress in one of such phone calls that turned out to be of an extra-long size and did not fit into a standard bed frame. The salesperson Natasha recommended that my mom cut the bedposts and refused to take back the mattress. Everyone else at the company also refused to take back the mattress.
The mattress is as hard as a brick and impossible to sleep on anyway.
These sales tactics constitute fraud against senior citizens. Please call Attorney General Office in Brooklyn and ask for Ms. Palmer, who specialized in senior citizen fraud cases. The number to call is (718) 722-3949. Let's take down this company and make sure that no one else has to suffer!
  30th of Jul, 2010
Did you know that Bauer Comforts USA illegally cold-calls numbers that are registered on the DO NOT CALL REGISTRY? This is yet another example of their illegal sales tactics.

Bauer Comfort Logo Bauer Comfort