BattDepot / No return of my property

1 Suite#1202, 103-8580 Cambie RoadRichmond, British Columbia, Canada Review updated:
Phone: 1-877-998-8892

Regarding: BattDepot.ca (Suite#1202, 103-8580 Cambie Road- Richmond, BC - Canada, V6X 4J8 ) AND 1313 E. Maple St., Ste 508, Bellingham, WA, 98225)

I purchased a replacement battery from BattDeport less than a year ago. While under warranty it started to smoke on March 14th so I returned it, by mail, to Batt Depot . Shortly after I returned the battery, they requested that I ship my netbook for diagnostics. I replied that it had been diagnosed locally, but Batt Depot persisted with their request. Nothing was said about fees or handling costs. I mailed the netbook at my expense.

Now, BattDepot REFUSES to return my netbook without charging me for diagnostics and shipping! I refused to pay, so they have NOT returned my ($377) computer. I involved a Supervisor who dropped the diagnostics charges, but persists with a shipping fee ($25) which was not disclosed until recently. So, I still am unable to obtain my property.

BTW, I have e-mail docs testifying to correspondence, but am unable to attach. Is there somewhere I should send it?

Since NO DISCLOSURE WAS MADE BY BATTDEPOT of ANY CHARGES, could you please help to get the equipment back? Asus has been waiting for over two months to make their own determination and the lack of equipment diminishes my chance of resolution in this matter .

NOTE: This company has TWO addresses: in the US and in Canada. I am told the company is actually located in Canada, but receives mail in the US & transports it to their Canadian facility. I do not know if this is true, never-the-less, I need assistance getting some ethical & responsible follow-up from BattDepot. Are you able to help me...please?

Comments

Bellingham
    Washington
    Phone: 1-866-998-8222
    battdepot.com

Avoid this company! On January 17, 2013 I purchased a laptop battery from the vendor's website - it was the top site in my Google search. When I received the battery, I carefully inserted the battery into my laptop. The battery would not charge. I contacted the vendor, they sent some instructions which were followed precisely. After removing the battery from initial installation, the faulty battery connector had come loose, and when re-inserting the battery as instructed, the faulty connector caused damage to my laptop.

I immediately contacted the vendor about this serious issue. I was instructed to return the battery, at my own expense, for exchange or refund. I returned the battery, at my own expense, as instructed. Here was the response from the vendor: "Regarding to the RMA#B37052, our technician did a full detail test on your battery and find no issues/problems of this battery. It can be fully charged and discharged normally. If the battery cannot be charged at the laptop, it may be the charging circuit on the mother board of the laptop is not working properly and need attention. In addition, the returned battery is found to be physical damage, the connector of the battery is broken, and this physical damage is not covered by our refund and exchange policy. Therefore, we have to return to this battery to you. Please advice whether you would like us to ship this battery to you."

I have followed up numerous times, provided photographic evidence of the damage caused to my laptop, and have submitted a complaint to the Better Business Bureau and to Google, and will continue to call them every day until they agree to refund my money. Again, avoid this company!

• St
      10th of Sep, 2014

Sept. 10, 2014 Stay away from this Business, after they have your money and if there's any problems, you're out of luck.
    Battery Depot (BC) shipped me the wrong battery and was missing a tool in the kit to replace an iPhone battery.They insist I ship it back to them at my cost and only after I place a new order will they offer a refund subject to their terms (re-stocking fee's, re-order delivery fee's and no guarantee the missing tool kit will be included).
    I have wasted a week with a crippled phone because of this. I have contacted the BBB and filed a complaint.
    Stay away from this company, the 1-800 number is never operational, nor is there chat.The list of "rules" they have for returns is hostile to would-be customers, STAY AWAY!!!