Bath, Kitchen and Tile Center / Yorktown Kitchen Cabinet / Company unresponsive for cabinet incorrectly order twice

On December 28, 2006, my husband and I ordered Several Yorktown Foxridge/Oak wood /Autumn finish kitchen cabinets at Bath, Kitchen and Tile Center on Greenbank Rd, Wilmington, DE. The Sales Associate, Jenny Lee Wallace, incorrectly designed and ordered the cabinet that was supposed to fit on top of the refrigerator.

We received the cabinets at the end of February, 2007 and when ready to install the cabinets on March 6, 2007, the contractor found out the cabinet ordered for the top of the refrigerator (W3018B), had incorrect dimensions. The cabinet was too long to fit over the refrigerator and the width of the cabinet was changed from 30” to 33” without informing us. On March 12, 2007, I met with Jenny Lee and she agreed to rush order a replacement kitchen cabinet. On June 14, 2007, we showed up at Bath, Kitchen and Tile Center to find that the replacement cabinet had not been ordered yet. The new cabinet was finally ordered on July 14th, 2007 (Order # 175052). We received the replacement cabinet at the end of August, 2007, and found out the cabinet was incorrectly ordered once again. As we paid upfront upon delivery of the original cabinet order, Jenny Lee Wallace and Bath, Kitchen and Tile Center have been completely unresponsive. We demanded a refund of the money paid for the original refrigerator cabinet (W3018B) together with an itemized receipt with the cost of all cabinets in Order # 169442. None of our phone calls have been returned.

Comments

• Do
      25th of Oct, 2007

I have a can agree that this company is not run professional and their is not satisfaction from any part of the management. I just received a letter stating that I owe them 987.00 . I bought my cabinets 2 years ago. I went to the office and spoke to Reginald Fitzgerald and he stated that "they had sent out a mass mailing on old accounts and who ever didn't respond likely owed the money" I told him that their policy is that no cabinets ever leave their company without being paid for and he agreed that is their policy. So how could I have owed this money. He said the file shows only 1 payment so "they" must be right... I have a copy of the receipt and told him I was insulted by the way they are handling this matter and accusing me and others of not pay when his billing department has no clue of who pays and who dont. I plan on taking Legal action against this company and calling the Better Business Bureau.