Bath Fitter / Avoid tub liners

I just had my tub/surround replaced by a real, old-fashioned local plumber. He used a real tub, Americast, and swanstone surrond: (It's 1/4 corian. solid as a rock).

I love it.

I priced 3 liner companies and they came out either very close in price or alot more. I was stunned.

The sales pitch is astounding, and all 3 told me how bad the other 2 were. I decided to believe all 3 of them and get a regular replacement and I'm glad I did.

My plumber makes alot of money tearing out the cheap liners. They bubble and crack and leak. Don't do it.

The only drawback is that it does take 3 days to replace with real materials. But there's no guarantee that a liner company will actually do it in one day, anyway.

Think of it this way: By the time you discover they can't do it in one day, what are you going to do about it? They've already torn apart your old tub and it's unusable. So, are you going to take them to court?

Skip the liners and get a real americast tub and swanstone surround.

Comments

14th of Nov, 2008

We have had our bathfitters for over 4 years. I love it!! Super easy to keep clean compared to regular tub and tile. No problems so far. Have recommended it to friends, one has also had hers redone and been pleased with the results. We both had them done in 1 day. We live in the Denver area, I wonder if the climate has anything to do with the sucess of their product.

• Da
      23rd of Apr, 2009

I wish I would have read your complaint before we had Bath Fitters come in. We now have an unuseable shower and will end up in court because Bathfitters will not honor the warranty! D. Cape Coral, Fl.

• Dl
      29th of Apr, 2010

BATHFITTER IS A FRANCHISE, CALL CORPORATE IN CANADA OR EMAIL THEM YOU'RE NOT TELLING PART OF THE STORY, AS PART OF FRANCHISE AGREEMENT THEY MUST SERVICE YOU. SOMETHING YOU ARE SAYING ISN'T TRUE...THE ONLY REASON THEY WON'T HONOR WARRANTY IS IF YOU OWE THEM MONEY...DID YOU PAY THE BALANCE???PROBALLY NOT!!!

• Dl
      29th of Apr, 2010

BATHROOMS TAKE ABOUT A WEEK TO REMODEL AND REQUIRE PERMITS AND INSPECTIONS THAT CAN DELAY THINGS EVEN LONGER. IF YOU DID IT IN 3 DAYS YOU DID IT WITHOUT PERMITS AND WILL HAVE TO PRODUCE THEM WHEN YOU SELL...GOOD LUCK. TILE AND GROUT LEAKS THERE IS NO WAY AROUNF=D THAT...TILE IS POROUS. SEE WHAT IT LOOKS LIKE A YEAR FROM NOW. GOOD LUCK.

• Ne
      13th of Sep, 2012

I have replaced two refitted baths and a full bath/shower enclosure, all for the same reason.
    Bath liners cracked and leaked, one tub within one month!
    All of the homeowners were told that there is movement in the existing fixture(s) that caused the cracking. NOT warranteed for that reason!
    Not to mention extensive damages to kitchen ceiling.