Bata India / poor quality of shoes
It has been just a month since I purchased the shoesfrom Bata store and sole of the right shoe has started detaching. Further, skin of the sole has also started detaching. I have reistered the complain verbally and asked for the replacement at the store as this seems to be a manufacturing defect. This is the reply I got from the store owner:
- Let the sole detach further then I would get it repaired.
- This happens regularly and the gum is still wet.
- You can submit the written complain and I would forward it to the company, but company will reply you in similar way.
I am a regular customer of Bata and the abovesaid shoes is in the December-03 20% discount scheme (caz I have purchased two pairs of shoes in Diwali). I am of the opinion that 'Bata never says tata'. But if the
customer is supposed to bare such poor quality and poor service on the shoes worth Rs 1000/- then i fear, I should change the slogen to 'Say tata to bata'.
I have communicated with bata regarding the incident using its website. I have received a reply from its managing director , which is as follows:
Dear Mr Desai
Thank for your email of 2nd February 2004, and a big THANK YOU for being a loyal customer of Bata.
I am so sorry and apologise for the inconvenience you have experienced while wearing our footwear.
Quality of the products we produce and sell is one of the most important factors within our Company. We pride ourselves in providing total customer satisfaction. We are constantly striving to improve on quality and to improve the service to all of our valued customers. As a valued customer, it is our job to give you the highest level of quality and service. In your case, we have failed and I apologise once more.
Sir, I have instructed Mr.C C Ponnappa, our Store Operations Manager, who is based in Mumbai , to contact you through our field personnel, check the quality of the shoes you purchased, and settle your grievance as per merit.
Please do let me know when the matter has been resolved.
Yours very truly,
STEPHEN J DAVIES
But nobody from Mumbai office contacted me or no progress has been done regarding this matter. I have even written a reminder letter to bata on 14/02/2004 but the result was same. I just want to convey to you all that 'SAY TATA TO BATA.'
More Bata India Complaints & Reviews
- Bata India Ltd - poor quality shoes - hush puppies 
- Bata India Limited - Bata Shoes - soles of the newly purchased shoes damaged 
- Bata India - shoes worn out 
- Bata India - sole cut 
- Bata India - bad quality shoes 
- Bata India - the shoe received online for my prepaid order
- Bata India - showroom counter staff @ neighborhood mall whitefield bangalore
- Bata India - pair of leather shoes purchased for rs.1499/- developed defect i.e. leather upper and sole of one shoe gave in / got separated
- Bata India - bata marie claire shoes
- Bata India Pvt. Ltd. - wrong size shoe provided inside the box