Baskin Robbins / Ice Cream / terrible commercial

1 6808 OccidentalYakima, WA, United States Review updated:
Phone: 509-966-1316

The commercial showing the mon kicking the ball and than screaming at some little child's 'in your face, ' has to be the bottom of the barrel for commercials. If any body yelled at my child like that the cops would be called. I can not believe that a company such as Baskin Robbins would pay good money to have a commercial like that produced. Is this commercial suppose to be making a point. Or just show me this is not a store where I would stop and buy ice cream.

Ib

Comments

• Ca
      17th of Jul, 2008

I can not understand why you would air such a commercial showing a woman kicking a soccer ball in the face of a child and yelling "In you face".

17th of Jul, 2008

I don't think she was kicking the ball in his face, but away from him, because she wants the ice cream. I thought it was hillarious.

• Br
      18th of Jul, 2008

sorry but that commercial was worth every second of my time spent watching it because i almost cried laughing. please stop whining its just a funny commercial with a fun joke in it. i doubt any children are going to grow up thinking they can kick their kids soccer balls away from them and scream because they watched that commercial.
    Keep up the good work baskin robbins.

20th of Jul, 2008

Parents should serve as role models to children. It in not OK to teach them to taunt the other team or treat them with no respect. It is no wonder that children grow up with no respect for others when an ad on national TV endorses this kind of sick behavior. If some deranged Baskin Robbins soccer Mom yelled like that to my kid, I wouldn't be laughing. If it was a guy someone would probably have kicked his butt. Baskin Robbins should be ashamed of themselves.

20th of Jul, 2008

In AYSO they spent a lot of time teaching the kids, parents and friends about sportsmanship and proper behavior at the game or practice field. Baskin Robbins needs to attend the training! They would learn how bad their behavior is.

Maybe they wouldn't be so proud to show off their bad behavior on national television.

• Da
      21st of Jul, 2008

Anna and Jeff... Find the humor in life... This is the funniest commercial out right now... Look at the adults watching this bored soccer mom taking actions into her own hands... This is great!!!

I haven't laughed like this over a great commercial in years...

MAD SHAKKA

Aloha

Danielle

21st of Jul, 2008

I thought that commercial RULED!!! That gutteral shreak she belts out is one of the BEST I have ever heard. She was crazed and definetly X-girlfriend material.

• J
      21st of Jul, 2008

You people that think this commercial is funny, are mental midgets.

22nd of Jul, 2008

It's just a commercial about adults being kids again wanting to get Ice Cream, kids are taught sportsmanships, however most adult profesional sports have trash talking, fighting, and they don't like each other. This commercial won't have any influence on the future of kids or sports.

22nd of Jul, 2008

The point of the latest commercials is that the adults become kids again and they want ice cream. And in a real situation you couldn't get mad because that only shows your kids to retaliate, the referee would step in and make ejections. You should just stay cool on the sidelines.

• Mi
      22nd of Jul, 2008

I agree with you 100%. This is the worst commercial I've ever seen. I can't believe that a company would stoop so low. I thought it was only me...I'm glad to see it bothers other people too. This one is even worse than the Ikea summer sale commercial where the woman runs out of the store while looking at her register tape yelling at the top of her lungs for her husband to start the car, start the car. What kind of behavior do these commercials teach our children.

• Dc
      25th of Jul, 2008

I agree this is offensive and so do dozens of callers who have filed complaints with the national news affiliate I work at. I spoke to Baskin Robbins this morning and they have been logging hundreds of complaints. We have had calls from new parents, Grandparents, and Great Grandparents finding this commercial very disturbing, seeing a woman scream in the face of a little child. People are stating they will stop buying Baskin Robbins immediately.
    This is not funny unless you are desensitized to abuse, are an abuser, or are one of those obnoxious parents on the playing field making a fool of yourself. There could be better commercials to promote their product. The advertising team that created this should be fired!

• Bo
      25th of Jul, 2008
    Baskin Robbins / Ice Cream - TV Commercial

Your commercial is the pits.
    If one of your workers would walk into you’re office and scream into your face, I'm sure you would be offend, much less have very ill feeling about that individual. If you saw a mother or an adult person in a grocery store, or any place, screaming like that to a child, I might add, wouldn't you want to call the child abuse center! Where the heck where your heads? We have enough abuse, you don’t have to show them more…. Good Grief

• Mi
      26th of Jul, 2008

I'm so glad that I'm not the only one who considers this commercial tasteless and inappropriate! Baskin Robbins should be ashamed to portray their product in this manner. It's not cute nor funny - it's a pathetic portrayal of a (supposedly) adult "mom" acting out in a totally unacceptable manner... Children mimic what they see from adults... It's just another negative that our youth are exposed to through the media and considered as "acceptable." Come on Baskin-Robbins, you can certainly do a better and more positive job of promoting your ice-cream than this!

• Ca
      26th of Jul, 2008

I called customer service at Baskin-Robbins to complain about this commercial. Their web site shows their community outreach efforts and their birthday parties for children are great. This commecial does not represent the company's image. When I see a commercial which portrays children and parents in such a negative manner, I feel that the ad agency employees either have never known any children or had horrible parents (or both!).

• De
      26th of Jul, 2008

I knew there were others that had to be as disgusted as I am with this commercial. You would think that they would have better sense. There have been articles and news stories about parents putting too much pressure on their kids who are involved in sports. I will not support a company that feels there is any humor in an adult yelling at a child. I will be boycotting Baskin Robbins, Dunkin Donuts, and Togo's until this commercial is removed.

Read more about who owns Baskin Robbins at:

27th of Jul, 2008

Baskin Robbins kicks ###! The only thing better would have been if the mom tripped the kid and pushed him into the mud. She is a tough mama, she deserves to win her ice cream. I am going to Baskin Robbins to find her and other babes like her!

27th of Jul, 2008

Baskin Robbins is for ###s. Stay away from that place. You never know what kind of weirdos will be there yelling at your kids.
    Lots of other ice cream stores with friendly normal people.

27th of Jul, 2008

OK OK, how about if she slide tackles the kid, knocks him down, and THEN yells IN YOUR FACE! Then when the ref and coach come to counsel her she kicks them in the nuts!
    Now that would be funny.
    Closing scene with her being hauled off to jail? funneeee
    and then the Baskin Robbins ad guy next to her in the cell...

27th of Jul, 2008

If that ### yelled at my kid like that I would kick her in the balls.!!