Baskin-Robbins Ice Cream / in your face tv commercial

I could not believe this commercial, coming from a family orientated company. A mother, screaming into the face of a child at a child's game is totally inappropriate.
What were they thinking????

Comments

• Ju
      17th of Jul, 2008

I agree completely. This commercial and the one where the father hoses down his son both hit my "child abuse" button. It's a sick kind of humor and only funny to those with that sort of mind. They sure don't make me want to run down to B & R.

18th of Jul, 2008

the commercial is to suggest that the parents like the ice cream as much if not more than the kids do, and moms and dads can't wait to get some. The commercial is on a borderline for sure but no harm done.

• Ca
      19th of Jul, 2008

Yeah Cmon..get over it. Its funny. Why is everyone so sensitive these days. It is getting really stupid.

• Sk
      19th of Jul, 2008

No harm no foul, come on get a sense of humor...

20th of Jul, 2008

Absolutely! This is poor taste to say the least. Americans think it is OK for a mother to taunt a young child screaming in her face??! Sick humor, and it shows how little parents at Baskin Robbins take responsibility for showing a proper role model to their children. How would you feel if that six year old girl was YOUR daughter? funny?? She belongs in a mental hospital, not an ice cream parlor. NOt interested in buying your ice cream.

• Da
      21st of Jul, 2008

OMG folks... Get a life and see the humor in this hilarious commercial... LMAO!!! Too good B-R... Keep us laughing... I love it...

D

• Mi
      22nd of Jul, 2008

The child abuseidea is farfetched. the commercial is just annoying the woman is annoying someone slap her

23rd of Jul, 2008

It is sick. Baskin Robbins is sick and their viewers are sick. A crazy mother cheating to win an ice cream cone and taunting a young child is not a sign of a healthy society.

23rd of Jul, 2008

It could have been worse. At least she didn't ### the kid

• Ka
      24th of Jul, 2008

oh blah blah blah, in a few weeks the commercial won't even be on the air anymore and you guys can find some other useless thing to complain about. Are your life's really that cushy that you have nothing better to do than analyze commercials? Take the stick out of your butts and laugh once in awhile.

• So
      27th of Jul, 2008

The reason this commercial rubs me the wrong way is because there really are parents like that, and they ruin the game for the kids. It isn't funny. BTW, anybody else notice that it's not the same kid running toward the ball and the one she screams at?

• Ro
      27th of Jul, 2008

OMG I am sooo sick of listening to people complain on the internet about the most innocent and stupid things. That commercial is HYSTERICAL. Of course, no normal/sane mother would ever do that- THAT IS WHAT IS *HUMOROUS* about the commercial. IT IS TV PEOPLE, NOT REAL LIFE. It is supposed to be a JOKE. You know . . . like, ha ha? Have people forgotten how to laugh for crying out loud? I swear some people take life WAY to serious. Stop whining, God.

• Do
      28th of Jul, 2008

I believe you have sunk to a new low in advsdrtising with the "In your face commercial"

I assure you that myself and my famly WILL NO LONGER PURCHASE YOUR PRODUCTS
    Dr. R.E. Davis
    P.O. Box 112
    Tujunga, CA 91043
    e-mail red@thevine.net

• Co
      29th of Jul, 2008

I agree that the commercial does not reflect very positive values. I will say the coach seems like he really cares about the kids. Baskin Robbins should do a whole campaign that focuses on him! I don't know if I could stop myself from buying icecream if they did! In fact, I'm sure I couldn't!

• So
      6th of Aug, 2008

Yay! They changed the commercial! Must've had a LOT of complaints. The new ending has the mom high-fiving the coach. Thanks, Baskin-Robbins!

8th of Aug, 2008

in a day where there are many problems on sports fields where parents are fighting with coaches, refs and other parents this was not a good idea. many kids have gotten hurt by these things happening and we need to make a field more positive. Is it not enough that we have had kids killed due to this bad behavior and example? remember we teach by our actions.

• Sf
      10th of Aug, 2008

Well, the PC police have won. The ending of the commercial has been changed so the woman high fives the coach instead of saying "in your face" to the kid.
    Some people have no sense of humor. The whole series of BR commercials has been very humerous, showing what crazy things people will do to get to BR.
    The original commercial was not mean spirited but amusing and zany. And I bet most kids "got" the humor more than the humorless parents.

• Jb
      12th of Aug, 2008

OMG you scare me! Are you kidding! It is called HUMOR! That commercial was awesome!
    The lame ad they used to replace it is stupid and ineffective.
    These commercials are not what is wrong with America - YOU are!!

*Runs off to send supportive email to BR

13th of Aug, 2008

Yeah, it was Funny! It would have been awesome if the soccer mom kicked the kid in the face and totally ripped her. Then she could have punched the ref and the coach in the face and kicked them in the balls! Now that would be funny. Then when the cops came, she could have wiped them all out with a semi automatic. Woo hoo. NOW that would be funny!! Go Baskin Robbins!!! jb and David, you rock!

• St
      13th of Aug, 2008

I personally found it hilarious, I mean come ON people, its JUST a commercial. A funny clip showing that the parent wanted the icecream even more than the kid! Big whoopie. I can hardly BELIEVE people are ACTUALLY taking time out of their day to complain against this. What's the point? What's done is done. And nobody actually got hurt; I can guarantee that that kid was one happy camper after they got their paycheck. Sheesh...