Based Capital Limited DermaC / product DERM101

1 London England Greater London, United Kingdom Review updated:

I registered via an advert on a much used social media sports news site, but no longer know which one unfortunately ( on my mobile phone on 09.06.2016) for a Fee Trial offer for a skin prepartion called Derm101.

I was surprised at the prompt delivery within 3 days, as I understood this 'magic elixer' would be coming from USA.
Noted the delivery note shipping date 10.06.2016 showed a London address:
[protected]@trydermac.com
Returns Address: P.O.Box7583
Milton Keynes Mk119HD
UK

There was a nominal postage charge £3.99, which required my using my debit card.
I studied the registration carefully and found no mention of a cancellation requirement by a certain date nor any mention of an obligation to monthly payments, so went ahead.

On checking my bank statement I noticed a payment £69.87! to FaceCare [protected] went out on 24.06.201 and immediately phoned my bank who supplied me with a number to contact for Debit Card Disputes.
I plan to phone them first thing tomorrow morning

This evening I have sent an email to the above [protected]@trydermac.com email address advising them of the bad reaction my skin had to this product and my desire to no longer receive any further products or have further funds removed from my bank account...an amount I never agreed to, and can not afford out of my pension very month!
I also asked what the £69.87 payment was for and advised them that other than the initial delivery of the 'Free Trial' no further deliveries have arrived.

I made it clear my bank are setting in motion a stop on any further payments to them.

I would be delighted to receive a refund, but would be satisfied if no further funds are removed from my bank account.

Va
Jun 28, 2016

Comments

Jul 25, 2016

I've tried to talk to someone about a transaction and not receiving good, took a few details about me and hung up

Jul 25, 2016

Ps the bank has been useful so far just hope I get my money back, I'm disabled and the money was toward a UK holiday with my daughter, which I need as I suffered a small stroke

• Do
      Aug 17, 2016

This has happended to my mum who responded to an ad for a 3;99 trial jar of cream... £220 has since been removed from her account. She was sent another jar of cream which she did not request as the trial cream was not effective. Her bank are stopping further debits from this company but how does she get £22o back that sh can ill afford to lose...! No-one answers the phone. THIS COMPANY IS EXPOITING VULNERABLE PEOPLE!

• Ca
      Nov 14, 2018
    Based Capital Limited DermaC - DermaC Face Cream
    London England Greater London
    United Kingdom

Replied to an advert on 14th August offering a free sample of DermaC product, just had to pay £3.95 postage.

They have now taken £69.83 out of my account for a product I didn't order. Using a/c details for postage I suppose.