Barton Publishing / Credit card theft?

United Kingdom Review updated:

Last week I made a purchase from Barton Publishing, and something that had never happened to me occured: my bank took the trouble to contact me to inform me that this company seemed to be trying to steal my money! I don't know what raised the red flag: either this company is already blacklisted or something or else the fact they tried to take multiple payments for just one transaction seemed suspicious!

This made me have a look at what there is about Barton Publishing on the internet, and I found long lists of horrifying complaints! I wish I had done this research beforehand.

One big question looms over this company: IF THEY CAN'T BE TRUSTED FOR ONE SECOND WITH ONE'S CREDIT CARD DETAILS, HOW CAN THEY BE TRUSTED WITH THE "EXCEPTIONAL" HEALTH INFORMATION THEY ARE SUPPOSED TO BE SELLING, AND MORESO, THEIR HEALTH SUPPLEMENTS, VITAMINS, ETC. I would chew the legs of my desk before swallowing any of their pills!!!

Btw, the "free" publications that they offer as an incentive to their esteemed paying clientele consist of an excellent Health eBook called "Lessons from the Miracle Doctors" by Jon Barron, which I then found out is in any case downloadable for free from Jon Barron's website ( http://www.jonbarron.org/book/ ). I wonder if Jon Barron is aware that he is being associated with these credit card cowboys!

The other eBook "10 Deadly Health Myths" discusses the very real maladies of nowadays (so far so good), then leads nice-n'easy to links to Barton's supplement factory store aimed as solving every health issue in the world. So the "free" gift is basically a well-thought advert to market more of their own products.

I am a firm believer in the way they profess we should change our perspective on health issues, but being what seems to be a fraudelent company interested in ripping off the people who seek their services puts everything else they do under a heavy shadow of doubt.

I wonder if someone from Barton Publishing could answer all the allegations levelled against them in ComplaintsBoard.com and elsewhere on the web and try to explain the situation (if there is indeed an explanation). Anything short of that would make it clear that they are a fraudelent scam. And Credit Card companies / the authorities should then have a look at these funny guys...

Comments

• Sp
      19th of Aug, 2010

Hi all

I would be very interested to know how common being ripped off is by Barton. I would also be interested to know who, if anyone, has benefited from their reports and advice?

If it seems these are all just a scam, then why don't all of us who have received their reports and been ripped off by them, make the reports available, online, for free download. That way we can remove the demand for their product, remove their revenue stream, and at the same time make the "reports" available for all to see, so that they can see they are not worth the money.

Then, anyone who finds that the reports work, is free to go and pay Barton for them!

Does anyone think this is a great idea?

Regards