Barton Publishing

Fraudlent credit card charges

4.8
Barton publishing
cureyourgout.com
These companies/web sites are running scam
Barton publishing
www.cureyourgout.com
www.wellnesswatchersmd.com
Please be careful if you want to buy something from them. They will rip you off and pass you credit information to each other for fraudulent charges.
Complaint comments Comments (85) Complaint country United States Complaint category Books

Comments

D  8th of Nov, 2008 by    0 Votes
This is simply incorrect and false. Nobody is forced into the wellness watchers offer, it can be declined simply by clicking "No" on the offer page.
A  23rd of Nov, 2008 by    0 Votes
I purchased two e-bo0k's from Barton Publishing and was charged on my credit card at "Barton Publishing". The next two months I was charged $29.95 by WellnessWatchersMD. I have no idea what these charges are related to, but I certainly won't be ordering ANYTHING from Barton Publishing in the future, especially since they were the only puchase I made on my card other than my local gas station. Also, I intend to cancel my credit card to stop these unauthorized charges to my account. Although I thought (and sincerely hoped) Barton's information was viable, I'm beginning to believe it's just a scam to illegally collect and bill unsuspecting customers' credit cards! Buyer beware and watch your credit card statements if you decide to deal with this company.
D  27th of Jan, 2009 by    0 Votes
Hi - this is Joe, the owner of Barton Publishing. We process several hundred transactions per day, and every so often someone doesn't read an offer but clicks "YES" anyway and then complains that they've been ripped off.

So I must disagree with Mr. Book about unauthorized charges - he simply failed to read the terms of what he agreed to.

You can visit the website of our Wellness Watchers MD promotion and see that the terms of service are clearly explained - not even in small print:

The customer must click "YES" in order to agree to the free-trial offer from Wellness Watchers MD. If "NO" is clicked, they will never be billed by Wellness Watchers.

So though I would agree with the "buyer beware" statement of Mr. Book above, the same must be said for both parties - consumers need to actually READ before they decide to click "YES" on something.

Regardless, we always give people a full refund when they ask us - all anyone needs to do is email us at support [at] bartonpublishing.com, explain your situation and give us your order details, and we will be sure to cancel your free trial or refund any purchase you've made. Wellness Watchers will also cancel and refund any charges if you contact them and explain your situation.

We are doing our best to maintain our reputation as a company that cares about our customers - and we have no intentions of deceiving people in any way. We want people to be healthy, happy and free from drugs.

Sincerely,
Joe Barton
N  4th of Feb, 2009 by    0 Votes
Sorry Mr. Barton,

I placed an on line with your company and I did get to the page regarding the Wellness Watchers option and I did not see a yes or no option. What happens is that you are automatically enrolled and get two months free. It is then up to the customer to cancel or the customer is automatically charged for the subscription. I resent it when I order from one company and they feel free to pass my credit card number on to someone else WITH OUT THE "SAY NO" OPTION. I suggest you remove this option altogether. If it's such a good, program, why do you have to deceiptfully get people enrolled? My suggestions fellow customers - report the scam to your credit card company as fast as you can!!!
N  10th of Feb, 2009 by    0 Votes
BARTON PUBLISHING IS A SCAM!!! THAT IS LINKED UP TO OTHER WEBSITES THAT SHARE YOUR CREDIT CARD NUMBER ONCE YOU "PURCHASED" YOUR ITEM AND TAKE MONEY FROM IT WHENEVER THEY CHOOSE TO WITHOUT YOUR CONSENT!!!

I JUST GOT DONE TALKING TO THE FDIC AFTER I "BOUGHT" SOMETHING FROM BARTON AND TRYED TO CANCEL MY ORDER BUT NO ONE EVER EVER RESPONDS BACK TO GIVE ME MY REFUND SO I HAD TO REPORT IT TO MY BANK

DONT LISTEN TO ANYONE FROM THAT SITE OR ANY OVERLY DRAWN OUT SELLING THE ITEM SITES OUT THERE...ITS ALL A JOKE FROM SICK PEOPLE WITH NO LIFE OR EDUCATION TO MAKE MONEY THE REAL WAY IN LIFE. THEY WILL DO AND SAY ANYTHING TO GET YOU TO "BUY" THERE PRODUCT!!

SO "JOE" THE BIG "OWNER" OF THE COMPANY IS JUST A BIG SCAM ### ARTIST..

THANKS AMERICA
A  15th of Feb, 2009 by    0 Votes
The whole website is a con from the minute you enter your credot card details. It says wait do not exit as it may cause your card to be doubled debited and then puts you through an endless maize of gliberish each sucking the maximum on the confusion register, signing you up for non requested crap and apart from all the scam free offers you are conned as i did not commit for any further remdies (fresh air and ### on their gout remedy) but when i complained about their fraudulent website they sent an irratable bowel email and contiued to access my credit card on a continung basis for non ordered ### downloads and will not allow you to opt out of their nasty web con. ALL YOU CAN DO IS CANCEL YOU CREDIT CARD AND REPORT THIS THIEF TO YOUR CARD FRAUD SECTION DO NOT GO NEAR THIS SITE THEY ARE NASTY
A  15th of Feb, 2009 by    0 Votes
I think Joe Bartin has had a credability bypass and to profess to be a good samaritan only enhances the fact, Joe you are really a very low life preying on the afflicted and one would hope that a special disease may visit upon your rotten soul very soon. DO NOT PROVIDE THIS UNGRATEFUL WITH YOUR CREDIT CARD DETAILS. YOU CAN FIND MORE CURES UNDER GOVERNMENT ISSUED GUIDELINES AT NO COST . THIS IS THE WORST SITE THAT I HAVE ENCOUNTERED AND IF YOU HAVE BEEN DUDDED OR IN THE PROCESS OF TRYING TO EXTRACT THIS CANCEROUS SITE OUT OF YOUR WALLET CALL YOUR CREDIT CARD PROVIDER CANCEL YOUR CARD SO NOT TO PROVIDE THIS LUNATIC WITH ANOTHER ILL GOTTEN CENT
A  15th of Feb, 2009 by    0 Votes
Barton Publishing ALIAS Wellnesswatchersmd.com ALIAS cureyourgout .com are swindlers, crooks, unethical, liars, snake oil salesmen, permanently devoid of business principals .
They will not reply to emails, illegally access on an ongoing basis your credit card on the above pretext Oh you must have requested an ongoing deduction for life? for further useless cures and arnt they funny if you complain they send an irratible bowel email download. I naively thought that they held a cure for gout for 9.95 got charged another $30 on my card and another month later they have accessed my card again for another $15 Okay its a cheap lesson in internet fraud i will never order with a credit card for online media
downloads ever again. I have made reprepsentation for reversal ot unauthorized deductions thru my card company but found it better to cancel the card and start afresh and NOT order from mongrels like this company .
A  26th of Feb, 2009 by    0 Votes
i completely agree with the trickery to sign you up for wellnesswatchers. I apparently was signed up for without any benefits, of course. And now I am out the 30 dollars from the january charge. i think i may dispute it with my credit card, as they refuse to refund my money since it was over 30 days ago.
N  26th of Feb, 2009 by    0 Votes
To whom it may concern

I recently bought a book on Prostate Secrets from Barton Publishing on the 28th of January 2009, since than I have been charged by Wellness watchers as well for some unknown reason which I have not authorized. The charged Items are listed below.

28-Jan-2009 VISA PURCHASE (OS) BARTONPUBLISHING.COM 6168O $62.51
29-Jan-2009 VISA PURCHASE (OS) WELWATCHMD8005916383-V 6168O $2.84
24-Feb-2009 VISA PURCHASE (OS) WELLNESSWATCHERS MD 6168O $47.96

The first charge, I will accept, but the other two dated 29/January and 24/february I will not.

Please investigate why this has been charged to my visa card and please have the money refunded

Kind Regards
Andrew Westerman

e-mail Address... andrewwesterman@ozemail.com.au
A  27th of Feb, 2009 by    0 Votes
My wife wanted me to order the reports for curing gout at cureyourgout.com. Thank you all for your posting here. After going to the cureyourgout web site and reading all the miracles I decided to google for comments and found this site here. Now after reading what you all have to say I will not order from them. Too bad that kind of ### roam the streets freely.
A  27th of Feb, 2009 by    0 Votes
I too have been scammed by this outfit. Same deal. Only difference is that I reported it to the FBI.
Good luck explaining yourself in court Mr. Barton.
A. Dearner
A  28th of Feb, 2009 by    0 Votes
Thieves and nothing more. Illegal authorizations on my account.

I have pursued this with my states attorney general. I am sure I am not the only one.

These guys are a bunch of fools who sit down and write a bunch of crap and find ways to sell it. The objective is to get credit card numbers and then charge away.
N  17th of Mar, 2009 by    0 Votes
Multiple credit card charges from one transaction. Very difficult to get refunds
N  18th of Mar, 2009 by    0 Votes

Well Watch Md - Barton Publishing - fraudulent credit card charge
Well Watch MD

I buy a book from barton publishing and after that i have a fraudulent charges to my account using my debit credit card. Well Watch debit $29.95 and $1.83 for service charge. Barton Publishing is passing the credit card information to this company for make a frudulent charges.
N  19th of Apr, 2009 by    0 Votes

Barton Publishing - Welwatch - Unathorised deduction
27 Somersham Avenue
Rathmines
New South Wales
Australia

Like so many others around the world, I have had a decuction of $41.69 taken from my credit card by Welwatch, knowing I had not purchased anything from this company, I went into the internet to find they are linked with Barton Publishing, whom I had purchased a publication last year worth $29.99.

I will be visiting my bank this morning to issue an unauthorised payment and will be cancelling my card, to ensure Welwatch cannot access my account for future.
N  22nd of Apr, 2009 by    0 Votes

Wellness Watchers Md / Barton Publishing - Illegal & unauthorized Visa charges
British Columbia
Canada

I made a purchase from Barton Publishing in September 2008; paid for and obtained a receipt. Subsequently my Visa was billed in September for US$1.00; October '08 to April '09 at US$29.95/mth. Unfortunately I was not keeping a closer eye on my Visa and therefore missed these illegal charges. I called Wellness Watchers on 15 April and complained and only then did they cancel the illegal billing and credited me back with the April charge. So far they have refused to credit my Visa for the remaining US$180.70. This is unacceptable. What is more unacceptable is the fact that my Visa Co. refused to dispute and chargeback the illegal billings, further telling me that they would continue to process any new charges until I contacted the billing party to cancel the billings?????? Furthermore that if they issued me with a new Visa number that they would transfer any new charges to that Visa??? What kind of crap is this?

WHO IS INTERESTED IN STARTING A CLASS-ACTION LAWSUIT AGAINST WELLNESS WATCHERS MD AND BARTON PUBLISHING?
A  27th of Apr, 2009 by    0 Votes
Joe Barton made us go thru a whole bunch of "free" deals and reading them in details can cause a heartburn...

Joe if u want to stay in business for long under the same outfit, fix your manner of doing business, and get rid of these additional "free deals", and make good your refunds of payments to those who accidentally fell into your "trap"

I just bought one of your online and seeing these comments and having nightmares and fits already...

regreting poor soul
N  30th of Apr, 2009 by    0 Votes
Two days back, I was a regretting poor soul after buying online Barton and seeing all these comments...Yesterday, I got an email from Barton Publishing after my complaints to them for offering "free downloads" to only be charged later on, the reply was they will take me out of their mailing list and remove all new charges. I am able to use their email to ensure that i will not be charged further. I like to write back on this bulletin that rather than putting more negative comments here, if you only ask them to review your case early enough, you might be able to resolve this "overcharging" incident... no longer a regretting poor soul...
N  7th of May, 2009 by    0 Votes

Barton Publishing - did not get what I ordered
Barton Publishing Inc.

I don't know where they are located. I filled out some forms yesterday, but it wouldn't accept my state of New Jersey. However, I had given my credit card but I did not receive the article on my computer which I think I bought for $20. Did they or did they not charge my card.? I am Yvette Cohen and my e mail is Missyvette9@verizon.net

Your attitude towards Complaint Agree Neutral Disagree