Barton PublishingFraudlent credit card charges

These companies/web sites are running scam
Barton publishing
www.cureyourgout.com
www.wellnesswatchersmd.com
Please be careful if you want to buy something from them. They will rip you off and pass you credit information to each other for fraudulent charges.

Sy

Comments

Nov 08, 2008

This is simply incorrect and false. Nobody is forced into the wellness watchers offer, it can be declined simply by clicking "No" on the offer page.

• Br
      Nov 23, 2008

I purchased two e-bo0k's from Barton Publishing and was charged on my credit card at "Barton Publishing". The next two months I was charged $29.95 by WellnessWatchersMD. I have no idea what these charges are related to, but I certainly won't be ordering ANYTHING from Barton Publishing in the future, especially since they were the only puchase I made on my card other than my local gas station. Also, I intend to cancel my credit card to stop these unauthorized charges to my account. Although I thought (and sincerely hoped) Barton's information was viable, I'm beginning to believe it's just a scam to illegally collect and bill unsuspecting customers' credit cards! Buyer beware and watch your credit card statements if you decide to deal with this company.

Jan 27, 2009

Hi - this is Joe, the owner of Barton Publishing. We process several hundred transactions per day, and every so often someone doesn't read an offer but clicks "YES" anyway and then complains that they've been ripped off.

So I must disagree with Mr. Book about unauthorized charges - he simply failed to read the terms of what he agreed to.

You can visit the website of our Wellness Watchers MD promotion and see that the terms of service are clearly explained - not even in small print:

The customer must click "YES" in order to agree to the free-trial offer from Wellness Watchers MD. If "NO" is clicked, they will never be billed by Wellness Watchers.

So though I would agree with the "buyer beware" statement of Mr. Book above, the same must be said for both parties - consumers need to actually READ before they decide to click "YES" on something.

Regardless, we always give people a full refund when they ask us - all anyone needs to do is email us at support [at] bartonpublishing.com, explain your situation and give us your order details, and we will be sure to cancel your free trial or refund any purchase you've made. Wellness Watchers will also cancel and refund any charges if you contact them and explain your situation.

We are doing our best to maintain our reputation as a company that cares about our customers - and we have no intentions of deceiving people in any way. We want people to be healthy, happy and free from drugs.

Sincerely,
    Joe Barton

• Ka
      Feb 04, 2009

Sorry Mr. Barton,

I placed an on line with your company and I did get to the page regarding the Wellness Watchers option and I did not see a yes or no option. What happens is that you are automatically enrolled and get two months free. It is then up to the customer to cancel or the customer is automatically charged for the subscription. I resent it when I order from one company and they feel free to pass my credit card number on to someone else WITH OUT THE "SAY NO" OPTION. I suggest you remove this option altogether. If it's such a good, program, why do you have to deceiptfully get people enrolled? My suggestions fellow customers - report the scam to your credit card company as fast as you can!!!

Feb 10, 2009

BARTON PUBLISHING IS A SCAM!!! THAT IS LINKED UP TO OTHER WEBSITES THAT SHARE YOUR CREDIT CARD NUMBER ONCE YOU "PURCHASED" YOUR ITEM AND TAKE MONEY FROM IT WHENEVER THEY CHOOSE TO WITHOUT YOUR CONSENT!!!

I JUST GOT DONE TALKING TO THE FDIC AFTER I "BOUGHT" SOMETHING FROM BARTON AND TRYED TO CANCEL MY ORDER BUT NO ONE EVER EVER RESPONDS BACK TO GIVE ME MY REFUND SO I HAD TO REPORT IT TO MY BANK

DONT LISTEN TO ANYONE FROM THAT SITE OR ANY OVERLY DRAWN OUT SELLING THE ITEM SITES OUT THERE...ITS ALL A JOKE FROM SICK PEOPLE WITH NO LIFE OR EDUCATION TO MAKE MONEY THE REAL WAY IN LIFE. THEY WILL DO AND SAY ANYTHING TO GET YOU TO "BUY" THERE PRODUCT!!

SO "JOE" THE BIG "OWNER" OF THE COMPANY IS JUST A BIG SCAM ### ARTIST..

THANKS AMERICA

• Ge
      Feb 15, 2009

The whole website is a con from the minute you enter your credot card details. It says wait do not exit as it may cause your card to be doubled debited and then puts you through an endless maize of gliberish each sucking the maximum on the confusion register, signing you up for non requested crap and apart from all the scam free offers you are conned as i did not commit for any further remdies (fresh air and ### on their gout remedy) but when i complained about their fraudulent website they sent an irratable bowel email and contiued to access my credit card on a continung basis for non ordered ### downloads and will not allow you to opt out of their nasty web con. ALL YOU CAN DO IS CANCEL YOU CREDIT CARD AND REPORT THIS THIEF TO YOUR CARD FRAUD SECTION DO NOT GO NEAR THIS SITE THEY ARE NASTY

• Ge
      Feb 15, 2009

I think Joe Bartin has had a credability bypass and to profess to be a good samaritan only enhances the fact, Joe you are really a very low life preying on the afflicted and one would hope that a special disease may visit upon your rotten soul very soon. DO NOT PROVIDE THIS UNGRATEFUL WITH YOUR CREDIT CARD DETAILS. YOU CAN FIND MORE CURES UNDER GOVERNMENT ISSUED GUIDELINES AT NO COST . THIS IS THE WORST SITE THAT I HAVE ENCOUNTERED AND IF YOU HAVE BEEN DUDDED OR IN THE PROCESS OF TRYING TO EXTRACT THIS CANCEROUS SITE OUT OF YOUR WALLET CALL YOUR CREDIT CARD PROVIDER CANCEL YOUR CARD SO NOT TO PROVIDE THIS LUNATIC WITH ANOTHER ILL GOTTEN CENT

• Ha
      Feb 15, 2009

Barton Publishing ALIAS Wellnesswatchersmd.com ALIAS cureyourgout .com are swindlers, crooks, unethical, liars, snake oil salesmen, permanently devoid of business principals .
    They will not reply to emails, illegally access on an ongoing basis your credit card on the above pretext Oh you must have requested an ongoing deduction for life? for further useless cures and arnt they funny if you complain they send an irratible bowel email download. I naively thought that they held a cure for gout for 9.95 got charged another $30 on my card and another month later they have accessed my card again for another $15 Okay its a cheap lesson in internet fraud i will never order with a credit card for online media
    downloads ever again. I have made reprepsentation for reversal ot unauthorized deductions thru my card company but found it better to cancel the card and start afresh and NOT order from mongrels like this company .

• Ze
      Feb 26, 2009

i completely agree with the trickery to sign you up for wellnesswatchers. I apparently was signed up for without any benefits, of course. And now I am out the 30 dollars from the january charge. i think i may dispute it with my credit card, as they refuse to refund my money since it was over 30 days ago.

Feb 26, 2009

To whom it may concern

I recently bought a book on Prostate Secrets from Barton Publishing on the 28th of January 2009, since than I have been charged by Wellness watchers as well for some unknown reason which I have not authorized. The charged Items are listed below.

28-Jan-2009 VISA PURCHASE (OS) BARTONPUBLISHING.COM 6168O $62.51
    29-Jan-2009 VISA PURCHASE (OS) WELWATCHMD8005916383-V 6168O $2.84
    24-Feb-2009 VISA PURCHASE (OS) WELLNESSWATCHERS MD 6168O $47.96

The first charge, I will accept, but the other two dated 29/January and 24/february I will not.

Please investigate why this has been charged to my visa card and please have the money refunded

Kind Regards
    Andrew Westerman

e-mail Address... [protected]@ozemail.com.au

• Go
      Feb 27, 2009

My wife wanted me to order the reports for curing gout at cureyourgout.com. Thank you all for your posting here. After going to the cureyourgout web site and reading all the miracles I decided to google for comments and found this site here. Now after reading what you all have to say I will not order from them. Too bad that kind of ### roam the streets freely.

• Al
      Feb 27, 2009

I too have been scammed by this outfit. Same deal. Only difference is that I reported it to the FBI.
    Good luck explaining yourself in court Mr. Barton.
    A. Dearner

• Da
      Feb 28, 2009

Thieves and nothing more. Illegal authorizations on my account.

I have pursued this with my states attorney general. I am sure I am not the only one.

These guys are a bunch of fools who sit down and write a bunch of crap and find ways to sell it. The objective is to get credit card numbers and then charge away.

Mar 17, 2009

Multiple credit card charges from one transaction. Very difficult to get refunds

Mar 18, 2009
    Well Watch Md - Barton Publishing - fraudulent credit card charge
    Well Watch MD

I buy a book from barton publishing and after that i have a fraudulent charges to my account using my debit credit card. Well Watch debit $29.95 and $1.83 for service charge. Barton Publishing is passing the credit card information to this company for make a frudulent charges.

• He
      Apr 19, 2009
    Barton Publishing - Welwatch - Unathorised deduction
    27 Somersham Avenue
    Rathmines
    New South Wales
    Australia

Like so many others around the world, I have had a decuction of $41.69 taken from my credit card by Welwatch, knowing I had not purchased anything from this company, I went into the internet to find they are linked with Barton Publishing, whom I had purchased a publication last year worth $29.99.

I will be visiting my bank this morning to issue an unauthorised payment and will be cancelling my card, to ensure Welwatch cannot access my account for future.

• Mr
      Apr 22, 2009
    Wellness Watchers Md / Barton Publishing - Illegal & unauthorized Visa charges
    British Columbia
    Canada

I made a purchase from Barton Publishing in September 2008; paid for and obtained a receipt. Subsequently my Visa was billed in September for US$1.00; October '08 to April '09 at US$29.95/mth. Unfortunately I was not keeping a closer eye on my Visa and therefore missed these illegal charges. I called Wellness Watchers on 15 April and complained and only then did they cancel the illegal billing and credited me back with the April charge. So far they have refused to credit my Visa for the remaining US$180.70. This is unacceptable. What is more unacceptable is the fact that my Visa Co. refused to dispute and chargeback the illegal billings, further telling me that they would continue to process any new charges until I contacted the billing party to cancel the billings?????? Furthermore that if they issued me with a new Visa number that they would transfer any new charges to that Visa??? What kind of crap is this?

WHO IS INTERESTED IN STARTING A CLASS-ACTION LAWSUIT AGAINST WELLNESS WATCHERS MD AND BARTON PUBLISHING?

Apr 27, 2009

Joe Barton made us go thru a whole bunch of "free" deals and reading them in details can cause a heartburn...

Joe if u want to stay in business for long under the same outfit, fix your manner of doing business, and get rid of these additional "free deals", and make good your refunds of payments to those who accidentally fell into your "trap"

I just bought one of your online and seeing these comments and having nightmares and fits already...

regreting poor soul

Apr 30, 2009

Two days back, I was a regretting poor soul after buying online Barton and seeing all these comments...Yesterday, I got an email from Barton Publishing after my complaints to them for offering "free downloads" to only be charged later on, the reply was they will take me out of their mailing list and remove all new charges. I am able to use their email to ensure that i will not be charged further. I like to write back on this bulletin that rather than putting more negative comments here, if you only ask them to review your case early enough, you might be able to resolve this "overcharging" incident... no longer a regretting poor soul...

• Yv
      May 07, 2009
    Barton Publishing - did not get what I ordered
    Barton Publishing Inc.

I don't know where they are located. I filled out some forms yesterday, but it wouldn't accept my state of New Jersey. However, I had given my credit card but I did not receive the article on my computer which I think I bought for $20. Did they or did they not charge my card.? I am Yvette Cohen and my e mail is [protected]@verizon.net

May 18, 2009

I wish a refund for the 4.95 taken out of my account on 5/18/09 for a newsletter I did not subscribe to. Thanks.

Bonnie Reeves, Box 826, Dublin, PA 18917.
    [protected]@Verizon.net

May 18, 2009

I wish a refund on the $4.95 that was taken from my checking account on 5/18/09. Thank you.

• Mb
      Jun 11, 2009

I've been scammed by Barton Publishing and WellnessWatchers MD as well. I originally ordered a "booklet" from Barton and a month later noticed an unauthorized charge on my Visa of $9.95 from Barton Publishing and $29.95 from WellWatchersMD who I hadn't even dealt with. I immediately contacted Barton and they said they'd cancel my unauthorized subscription to whatever it was, which they did. However, nothing was done about the WellnessWatchersMD charge and it has now appeared on two more Visa bills. I've been away and missed seeing last months but just noticed the newest charge on my latest June invoice. I called the number mentioned above and they guy said that all he could do was refund two of the three fraudulent charges.

I encourage everyone who's been scammed by these frauds to contact their bank AND credit card to report this matter on both companies. It wouldn't hurt to print out these complaints and others that are also on the net to show to the bank so we can get their credit card privileges revoked.

I should have know this was an unscrupulous, criminal company by the way they wouldn't let me simply purchase the one item I did want, but instead kept a long series of confusing pop-ups appearing.

• Pw
      Jun 13, 2009

I just ordered a download for one of Barton Publishing's products for $19.95 but was bombarded with offer after offer that I had to keep
    clicking on NO to get to the checkout page. When my card was charged
    there was an additional charge of $9.95 plus $4.95 shipping and handling for a bound book version of the download which I didn't order and don't want. I think it's scamming by the company to do this and risk losing future business by forcing unwanted products for their profit and not just honoring the customer's order...I already went to their
    [protected]@bartonpublishing.com and filled out a protest email demanding the additional charges refunded and am calling my bank tomorrow when their customer service for charge cards is open to dispute this...hope this helps anyone else with this type of issue. Hey,
    if we wanted more of the ebooks, we would order...I may not order from this company again...[protected]@mail.com

• Ro
      Jun 19, 2009

Barton Publishing has a very deceptive signup process. I joined for a 19.95 Acid Reflux report. First I was billed 41.10 I complained and they refunded me 19.95 I said I expected no additional charges. There was a charge the next day for 1.83 from WelwatchMD. They then billed me 29.95 from WelwatchMD 2 weeks later, and then a month after that I got billed for 29.95 from MDMaverik. So even if you select no to options, you still get "enrolled" to free programs that then bill you anyway. I find it interesting that they changed the name on the 2nd 29.95 charge. The phone numbers for WelwatchMD is [protected] and MDMaverick is [protected] which I'm sure is the same company. I'm now disputing the charges through my cc company, but this is what gives online sales a bad name. If it's legit, you don't have people opt out, but then opt them in anyway.

Jul 04, 2009

Barton Publishing intentionally makes ordering their products a puzzling adventure. After I gave up my credit card numbers and other information, I was offered, on the download page, the report I requested in one of three ways: two different print versions for download, or the actual book through the mail. I selected the mailed book, where the next page told me I'd have to pony up another $12.95, on top of the $19.95 that I had already authorized. I decided to pass on the mailed book, but when I tried to return to the previous page, and go ahead and download the damned info, I found I couldn't return there. I was pushed on to the beginning of the site, but any trace of my having paid for the info was now removed. That would be okay, if I was not liable for any payment, since I now had no way to download anything, but a call to the credit card company right away revealed that my payment had indeed gone through. SO------- it appears that in this instance Barton was hoping that I would resubmit my ordering information in order to download the report they offered, but by doing so I would have paid twice for the one product. Barton covers their ### by having a number to call, but then the recording comes on and tells you that to get service on a screwed up order, you have to call ANOTHER number. The recording states this other number only once, and I had to call a second time just to correctly write down that follow-up number. All this is very clever indeed. Multiply these various ways to grab extra fees here and there by thousands of callers, and you've got quite an effective flim-flam operation. Let's just note one more thing: even if Barton's medical reports were mediocre or completely ineffective, if they didn't try to screw us around every corner of the ordering process, then we, the customers would have no cause to complain. We bought a product sight unseen that sucked, well so what. Our mistake. Barton could turn a tidy profit right there, no doubt. But to screw us so cynically, shame on them.

• J9
      Jul 09, 2009

Yes I totally agree to all of these complaints, i got some of refund back. Do not be afraid to ask them about your refund keep calling them if they don't response call your credit CO. and dispute their charges so they can reverse it. after getting all your refund call your credit have your acount no. change. I am tired of these chain reaction charges.

• Ld
      Jul 11, 2009

No reply to my email to Barton Publishing reegarding on going charges appearing on my Visa statement My bank couldn't help as the only info they had was what appeared on my statement, under 3 different names but all charges in US$ had been converted into Aus$ so the entries were easy to identify. Having read the above messages, will be cancelling my credit card tomorrow.
    JRS. NSW Australia

Jul 28, 2009

Please call me at [protected] so I can take care of this for you right away. My name is Charity, and my hours are 10am-6pm Central Standard Time. Personally, I think that WellnessWatchersMD is a pretty good deal, or I wouldn’t work here. They send out thousands of $25 gift cards and $50 rebate checks every month. They also help hundreds of people with their Ask-the-Doctor service. If you were charged by mistake, I am authorized to give you a refund.

• Ju
      Jul 31, 2009

I want to cancel my order. There is no way to unsubscribe to this company.

• Fr
      Sep 07, 2009

Yes, same thing happened to me. A complete scam.

Sep 22, 2009

A total LAME scam!! I really wish I had researched them a little more before I gave them my info! How can Joe Barton or any of his employees sleep at night? I am canceling my credit card as we speak...They already tried to charge extra fees last week, but I got my bank to refuse payment...then they tried again this week, but I didn't catch it in time to refuse payment. My bank did have their phone number if anyone needs it...

I can't even believe Joe barton and his "so called employees" post things on this site...you've got balls...

• Mr
      Oct 02, 2009

Joe Barton is a crook. And I can prove it. There No button isn't a No button at all but a link that is very small next to the Yes Button. Mr. Barton has his phone agents reading some script to say that the Homecures is non-refundable when in fact it is. They'll tell you under the term and conditions blah, blah, blah. I spoke to several agents to cancel my subscription and a only one helped me (Agent John 424). Not only did he cancelled it, he refunded the last charge, and email me my report I never got. The was a Supervisor by the Paula who called and said she would email my report this was before I spoke to John 424. She never didn't anything. All she told me was that she worked for AtLast Fullfilment and not Barton publishing. If you think I'm lying call Atlast Fullfilment in Denver, CO and see. If you do order from them ask for agent John 424 only. He the only will he stuff together.

Oct 09, 2009

How do you get your money back and your name taken off?

Oct 09, 2009

I tried the Barton Publishing site one time re psoriasis help and ince that time I have been charges every month $9.97. I did what they said and asked to be removed and asked for my money back because I only ordered one report and it has not happed.

Oct 09, 2009

Sorry about the spelling I am just a bit upset at this point. What should I do?

• Gk
      Oct 23, 2009

Judith,
    If you can give me more information about what publication you ordered; how did you order it (mail or internet); how you paid for it (check, credit card, money order); when you placed the order I will try to help cancel it for you. Please contact me at [protected]@bartonpublishing.com. Thank you.

Georgia
    Customer Support

• Hm
      Nov 29, 2009

I don't know if it's innocent mistakes or not, but it is unprofessional and worrying. Two months ago I requested that the newsletter subscription (I thought I'd opted out of) be cancelled and it's still coming off my credit card?? why?? And from the shores of Australia it's even more difficult to get proper attention to ths matter. At present MY credit card issuer is looking into it. If this is the best site to get a response from Barton publishing could someone there please respond to my e-mails? Gemma Hurditch @ [protected]@hotmail.com

Dec 03, 2009

It seems like the age of honesty has expired. Just to think that sometime ago the rule of business was honesty.Yet i must say that the policy of theft by deception is the rule of thumb with most companies such as equifax and the like. It is so common to enroll customer in to a free trial and then incorporate a automatic charge every month. Here is common sense, if the intent of a free offer without a option of choosing only yes and not have a not option is not fair as far as honesty is concerned.
    I guess the whole industry of online free offer is requesting you credit card with deception to charge your account period.

• Wa
      Dec 20, 2009
    Barton Publis - Unatharised debit
    Steve
    Queensland
    Australia

Barton Publis charges me $5.50 every month and don't know what for ? unable to cancel this charge