Bartleby.com TM / incorrect charges

Good day,

I used a 2 day trial service and cancelled afterwards, yet my account was charged for the monthly plan and 2 day trial even though I only used the service within the 48 hour period.

I reported to the support team and I have been told non challantly that my money cannot be refunded.

I have sent several emails to the team asking for the case to be escalated, and I have been told that they do not escalate issues.

Bartleby.com TM

Te
Jun 22, 2017

Comments

• Te
      24th of Sep, 2017

I couldn't agree more. Stay away from Bartley.com. Don't give them your credit card info! I repeat, don't give them your credit card info! Rip-off website!!!

• Ny
      2nd of Feb, 2018

Bartleby.com are thugs. Lie to you about the $2 for 2days plan yet they go on and charge you $29 monthly... Please don't give them your card details

• Cy
      6th of Feb, 2018

It's a shame for people like this to rob people in broad daylight. Please tell all your friends to stay away from these thugs. How can you tell people to try your services for 2 days for $2 and then when you try to cancel their membership after one day they tell they do not operate with phones you have to email them and before they get back to you 48 hours have already elapsed and your card is already charged $29.95? SCAMMERS!! YOU WILL PAY FOR ALL THE MONEY YOU HAVE STOLEN ONE DAY!!

• Ra
      25th of Mar, 2018

THESE GUYS ARE SCAMMERS !!! THEY DO NOT EVEN HAVE AN OPTION ON THEIR WEBSITE TO CANCEL YET THEY SAY YOU CAN CANCEL WITHIN 2 DAYS TO AVOID CHARGES. THEY DO NOT HAVE A PHONE NUMBER AND REPLY TO EMAILS ON TIME FOR CANCELLATION. THESE GUYS ARE DISGUSTING !! AND SHOULD BE REMOVED FROM THE WEB OR TAKEN LEGAL ACTION AGAINST

• Ra
      29th of Jun, 2018

Unfortunately for me, I didn't check this website before subscribing and faced a similar occurrence.
    There essays are not even worth looking through so naturally no one would want to subscribe to their lowsy service!!

I feel so frustrated and Cheated!!

• Yi
      15th of Aug, 2018
    Bartleby.com - Cancel my membership!
    London
    England, Greater London
    United Kingdom

I just paid 2 pounds for reading an essay, but it charged my 29.9 pounds every month automatically!! i loss 120 pounds!! and i can not find where to cancel the membership? how can i cancel it?

15th of Aug, 2018
    Bartleby.com - Withdrawal from my account
    Cabazon
    California

Your company recently withdrawn an amount of $59.85 from my account. Please cancel the monthly payment. I'm no longer using your website again.

• Mi
    Bartleby.com - payment
    United Kingdom

I want to cancel the membership and to avoid to pay £29. how can I cancel ? You told me to pay £2 for two days and if I don, t want to continue any more with you, to cancel my membership. You don't give me any indication of how to cancel the membership in order to avoid a payment of £29 per month. I want you to tell me how to cancel?

• Em
    Bartleby.com - essays
    Griswold
    Connecticut

I signed up for a 2 day membership for $2, I cannot see anywhere on the site regarding cancellation. I have complete their contact Us form. I now I see I was charge $29.95. I would like to cancel and my money back please.

Emilce Pepas

• St
    Bartleby.com - Took out my Account after Cancellation
    Hollywood
    California

Well looking st the complaints. I guess this is just how they conduct business, unethically. I ask that you all contact Better Business Bureau so it can start a papertrail

• Ab
    Bartleby.com - stolen money
    Bartleby.com

yeah like everyone's saying, they got $29.95 deducted without a notice, wtf is this kind of [censored]? i need a full refund. this is unethical, i only subscribed for 2 days, if you were to deduct $29, at least send an email of reminder, instead of just robbing from people's wallet.

• Mi
    Bartleby.com - Unauthorized debit card charges
    bartleby.com

on 02/25/2018 night I subscribed on bartleby and I tried to cancel on 02/26/2018 and they offered me $9 but on 02/28/2018 I was charged $29. I will call my bank to cancel transaction

• Hu
    Bartleby.com - scam
    Los Angeles
    bartleby.com

i purchased 2$ for three day, but they charge 29.95$ per month without any reason. I had never sig in for membership, but it automatically signed and charged 29.95$ three times. I want to cancel this membership and refund my money, how can I do that? Thank you.

• Ni
    Bartleby.com - Service
    Woodbridge
    Virginia
    Bartleby.com

I was charged an 29.99 fee when I only used it for one day for 2 dollars and I cancelled my subscription

• Pe
    Bartleby.com - Membership

I recently paid $2 for 2 day access and have been charged $29.95 for the monthly fee when I canceled my subscription when only using the website for 2 days. I want my money back. I have an online banking app and I logged in to see my billing activity an bartleby.com took my money...

• Pe
    Bartleby.com - Refund of my money
    Ankara
    Turkey

In my previous complaint, I explained that bartleby did not accept by payment which is 2 dollar for 2 days but then it took 29.95 dollar from me. How can it be possible and why you don't answer to my complaint? I request refund of my money immediately otherwise i am goint to take bartleby.com to court.

• Pv
    Bartleby.com - Membership
    Gainesville
    Florida
    bartleby.com

Paid $2 for the 2-day membership and was charged $29. This is absurd.

• Hy

1st of Sep, 2018
    Bartleby.com - Cant Cancel subscription Sign in or Get phone Support
    NACOGDOCHES
    Texas

I utilized their service, most answers were wrong in study materials, I tried to cancel and can't log on or get phone support! I want this subscription canceled and my money back!

• Ay
      2nd of Sep, 2018
    Bartleby.com TM - my membership

hello, I have been trying to cancel my membership, I sent several emails with no response could you teach me how do I cancel it ?