Barrhead Travel / travel insurance

1 Glasgow, Scotland, Strathclyde, United Kingdom Review updated:

I booked a short Holiday with barrhead Travel in Glasgow on the date 7 April to 11th April 2008 traveling to Prague due to some unforeseen circumstance I lost my wallet congaing personal cash I contacted the insurance company which is named TPS insurance admin services ltd po box leeds 132 leeds LS10 9BT elect travel insurance based in leeds got onto a call centre with appalling customer service the customer service gave me the run around and were highly un professional they told me they did not have enough staff on and were moving office this is highly bad business practice I called more than 5 times at different occasions to get my case sorted out that was were very poor in quality off service also went to barrhead travel the staff there are very unclear and not verbally able to deal with a inquiry that the customer wants to address basically young girls who dont seem to know what the left hand is doing from the right the could not give me clear information i my inquiry regarding my insurance document but did eventually get through to tps insurance with a call centre thats appallingly bad and very un helpful, this furthers my projection that travel company's especially barrhead and insurance company's just try to FLOG the customer who may be a little naive when booking a holiday anything they want due to the customers lack of experiance this has really opened my eyes and will be the last time I get travel insurance with Elect travel insurance which barrhead travel use in glasgow at there branch jamaica street I believe is under the name tps po box 132 leeds LS10 9BT I am somewhat sick and highly infurated by these so called call centres who do not know how to deal with a customer with that personel touch its just pathetic if anyone is travelling to europe find out because if its under the european union you will probablly get free health care etc these travel companys will say anything and aeverything to FLOG a holiday open your eyes and dont be fooled after all there just sales people who really dont have much exp in some countrys etc regarding law etc a complete shambles..never to be trusted.

Va

Comments

• Lu
      2nd of Oct, 2008

I agree that Barrhead Travel is only interested in "flogging a holiday".
    I've also had a bad experience with Barrhead Travel who seem to have a problem communicating with the customer. Their priority is getting your money and NOT in fulfilling their contract with you. They seem able to sell holidays but are totally unable to write a letter or send an email in response to a complaint and hide behind the ABTA rule of responding in 28days. Over 7 weeks equals more than 28days and not even an acknowledgement from them.
    If you book with Barrhead Travel don't expect help if you have a problem and DONT BUY YOUR INSURANCE from them.

• Ke
      8th of Jun, 2012

I booked barrhead travel for a caribbean cruise with Thomson's in january 2012.
    between the 2 of them they messed up my booking for leg room seats, I have now
    had to pay an extra £500.00 for premium seating. Both companies have a I do not
    care blame each other attitude, I will not book with any of them ever again,
    that is a 100% GUARANTEE.I would recommend that anyone wishing to book with
    either BARRHEAD TRAVEL OR THOMSON have a real close look at what they are
    booking and what they are getting... they are both joke companies stay well
    clear of them both

• Su
      1st of Oct, 2013

Mis-sold a holiday package and insurance never covered me for my accident which was broken thumb and fractured ribs, paid £5500 for holiday and nothing was met to standards

• Im
      23rd of May, 2015

Booked a holiday through Ryan at St. Enoch branch. Asked him to confirm he had received Booking Checklist/Pre-Departure Information. Ryan claimed that he hadn't received the e-mails with the attachments. Claimed he phoned our home bit always got engaged tone. Eventually complained to his manager, Ruairidh, who never got back to me. Phoned again and spoke to Mark, still waiting to hear from him. Spoke to Edith in customer services who transferred me to Mark. I am led to believe that they need the Booking Checklist/ Pre Departure Information before they can issue the flight tickets. I would never book through them again.