Barnes & Noble.com / overcharged, never received book

I ordered 2 books from barnes & noble.com. Later I received an email saying one book was out of stock but they would send the other. The book never arrived to my post office box. When I checked my credit card bill, they had overcharged me for the book. I had their email with the amount they were supposed to charge me and tried to dispute it. They replied the email they sent me was wrong. So I was overcharged for a book that never arrived and they won't do anything about it. Never use barnes and noble.com. I no longer shop at the store either.

Comments

• Va
      4th of Jun, 2008
    Barnes & Noble.com - Crooks!
    Barnes & Noble.com
    www.barnesandnoble.com

I placed an order before christmas because the site promised delivery before christmas. A day after I placed the order I receive and email that the order is back ordered and will be shipped in jan. I cancel the order via the website and order place else to get my gift in time for christmas. Well on christmas eve both packages show up. the new order and barnes and not very nobles order. So I complain that I was charged and sent and order that I canceled. They said well fine, send it back. I said I am not paying to ship something back when I never really ordered it... so after awhile they sent me and shipping label to return the product. I went to the PO sent the package in the box that I never opened.

After a few weeks my account was never credited so I tried to see what the hold up was. The never got my return, they said I should check the tracking with USPS. I said, hey you sent me the label, send me the tracking info... They said they don't offer tracking on their return labels. So get bent.

So basically they sent me something I told them not to send and even though I sent it back I still have to pay for it because they sent a cheap ### label. What makes it worse is the gift was for my father and he didn't even like it. So I paid twice for a gift he doesn't like. I actually paid more for the second order so it was more than twice... At least Amazon came through with the order

I will never shop at Barnes & not so noble ever again... they are crooks!

21st of Mar, 2010

Try contacting Terri Pucin, Vice President of Customer Experience for B&N.. try contacting her through the switchboard main number 212-633-3300. i think the email is [protected]@bn.com or some format of firstname lastname @bn.com Good luck! although I recall her being the biggest ### in the world and she is supposed to lead the entire company's customer experience but she is absolutely a horrible wench which tells a lot for the company if the person at the top is completely rude.. I think they should fire her and hire someone that understands being nice to the customer and more competent.. hopefully they will see this! Pass the word and stop big corporations like B&N from stealing from customers and not being accountable!!

14th of Jan, 2011
    Barnes & Noble.com - Fraudlent Claims of Service
    Barnes & Noble.com

I ordered 4 textbooks for the Spring 2011 semester. One instructor told me that I could do without 2 of them.
    My order confirmation email from B&N stated that changing an order was not a problem. After I tried to cancel the 2 books I did not need, I received an email stating that once an order was in the system, it could not be cancelled/changed. I could only return what I now did not want. I tried to use the tools on their site, phone calls & email to cancel 2 books, not the entire order. I only instructed them to do that if they could not get things straight. The customer service is awful, I will not shop there again.

• Ti
      12th of Jul, 2011

B&N Textbooks are non-returnable in store.

• Ju
      15th of Dec, 2012

I am having a similar problem with textbooks rented for college. Paid for a semester rental and now at the end of the semester they are trying to charge again stating that the bill was never paid. AND they are saying that they have been trying to charge my debit card and it isn't going through. 1- thank goodness my debit card number had changed since the initial rental and 2- I never gave permission to save my debit card number in the first place! This all came to light when I contacted them to re-rent for next semester. Well, there will be no re-rent. the bokks are going back. I do not see how I owe them any money no matter what they say. I have a reciept for the original rental. I do not have time for this in my life but I fear that legal issues are about to unfold. I strongly urge college students to use other sources for textbook rentals.

• Ju
      15th of Dec, 2012

I forgot to mention that customer service hung up on me when I wasnt satisfied with the por explanation that they were giving me.