Barnes & Noble / no email coupons for a member

1 MA, United States Review updated:

It came to my attention this past november that I was no longer receiving discount coupons from b&n where I have been a member for several years. I buy throughout the year but purchase a lot of books/dvds during the holiday season when many coupons are emailed. I contacted them about it.

Cs told me that they don't email coupons to everyone??? Bullox.
Anyway, I received one email from them a week later acknowledging the problem sent a couple of coupons in that email and again I have received nothing since.

Tonight's customer service person told me it was escalated to new york and could go no higher. I asked her when I should expect a phone call or email?
She had not a clue but told me they are very busy now. Obviously too busy for a customer with a problem.
She again told me she could do nothing. I requested both times to either receive a slew of coupons or to give me a free membership renewal this january as compensation.
I check my spam box, have their email add in my contact list and have changed nothing in my bn profile. Basically for the past 8 months I have not had received the benefits of my membership and it would appear they don't care.

Comments

• Ph

SPAMMER

21st of Dec, 2010

This is the complaint board.
    The coupon i speak of are between 10-40% off list price for books and dvds. I pay $25 a year for that service.
    My complaint is valid and has nothing to do with the plight of others...

21st of Dec, 2010

You have no idea who I am or what I have been through. You have no idea what I do for others.
    Really get a life and stop trolling the board and this conversation.
    Merry Christmas.

21st of Dec, 2010

Oh I see now you troll the boards with over 3, 000 negative comments. At least I'm in good company... I hope you find a better life. Really

• Ab
      24th of Dec, 2010

Never mind, Photolight, that crook lives comfortably behind his computers; he hates people who mention discounts, coupons, because he IS a miser (not you) in disguise.

And don't believe in his sense of compassion; just gargling with words he is. LOL!