Barnes and Noble / scam text book rental practices
Be very aware of college text book rentals from b&n. I guess there are hidden options for the length of the rental, with the default being only about 75% of a normal college semester. So then all of a sudden you get an email saying you did not return the rental in time and get charged 60-75% more of the original rental for only 15 days, and then still it does not cover the rest of a normal college semester. And if they don't have the book back in their warehouse by the 15th extended day, then they will charge you a full buyout price. So for example, an american lit book rental of $19 for, turns out, only 3 months, then they charge another $11 for $15 days, which requires you to send it back a week before the end of the semester or you'll have to pay $50 for their buyout price. What a scam. We will never buy another text book from b&n. And, we are cancelling our annual membership... We can buy any book from them cheaper elsewhere online. No wonder they are going under.
More Barnes and Noble Complaints & Reviews
- Barnes and Noble - unauthorized membership renewal charges 
- Barnes And Noble Member Card - member card 
- Barnes & Noble - advertised price vs in store price 
- Barnes and Noble - fraud 
- Barnes & Noble - barnes and noble falsely advertises & fast and free & delivery 
- Barnes & Noble Booksellers - book order; received wrong book
- Barnes and Noble - witnessing rude management behavior
- Barnes & Noble Booksellers - online order/"supervisors"
- Barnes & Noble Booksellers - textbook rental
- Barnes & Noble Booksellers - employee