Bargainlink.ca / Unauthorized Charges

1 Ontario, Canada Review updated:

I bought a Slap Chop which I was outrageously overcharged for shipping...and then to my surprise Vacationsavers and BargainLink charges started showing up on my Mastercard statement. The first ones to go through were $1.95 and $1.96... When I called Mastercard, they said they charged my account again, each company $19.95.

The scam started at Slap Chop website... when the online purchase was completed a screen came up saying click on this link and get a $20.00 gift card for gas and a $70.00 gift card from Canadian Tire. I assume that is how they lifted my credit card info and email address from the Slap Chop site.

Mastercard is disputing the charges at this time

Beware of these companies

Oh and then to add insult... I was just in at Canadian Tire and Shoppers Drugmart. Both were selling Slap Chop for less than $19.95 and no $60.00 shipping charge.

More Bargainlink.ca Complaints & Reviews

Comments

• Mi
      15th of Feb, 2011

Hello, I am the Director of Membership Services for the Bargainlink.ca program. Bargainlink.ca is a membership savings program that offers thousands of Canadian members thousands of dollars in savings on brand named products every day. We would like to help you get your issue resolved. We definitely do not want members to feel that they were falsely signed up to our memberships. We have many practices in place to ensure that these types of issues do not arise. Please feel free to call us toll free at 1-800-375-1795 so we can go over your membership details and assist you in getting your concerns taken care of. Our customer service department is available an open 24 hours per day 7days per week for your convenience.

• Ji
      10th of Apr, 2011
    Bargainlink.ca - charged 19.95 for Mar and April

Being charged 19.95 for april and march this year and want money back...Have not bought anything and dont intend to.

• Va
      13th of Apr, 2011

It is a serious offense to make unauthorized use of a customer's credit card information. No authorization exists for charging a membership fee to my credit card account. Please reverse the $19.95 charge dated March 26, 2011 to the account of Wm. H. Phillips. If this is not done emphatic steps will be taken to secure compliance.

• Va
      13th of Apr, 2011

Thank you for providing instructions for remedying this. Please keep in mind that this is not a matter of correcting an error, but of undoing an illegal act. It would be wise to discontinue the practice of "signing up members" without their express knowledge and consent.

• Gl
      13th of Jul, 2011
    Bargainlink.ca - rip off
    bargainlink.ca
    Qu├ębec
    Canada

was talked into a 14 day free trial password andusername arrived in mail july the 12 stating that the free trial expired on july 01 I called to cancel they said that account was closed but I have been billed for july on my american express card tried to log onto site using user name and password and it dosnt log me in. do not fall for this scam its a money grab !!

• Ci
      13th of Jul, 2011

I have never done business with this particular company, however, the choreography of the scam is exactly the same as the Ultra Berry Blast, EngergizeMe Up scam. There needs to be a way to stop these. I am trying to work with my bank, but the company keeps morphing, old website replaced by new name, same deal, etc. They are very evil. Only a federal government agency can stop this. Unfortunately, those agencies were depleted by President Bush, and the assault on public employees has no doubt affected potential employment for Elizabeth Warren's consumer protection agency. The Congress--who will be going on a long summer vacation--refuses to even confirm her appointment, and as we know is trying to shut down the government. Write to your attorney general's office, your local prosecutor, and federal consumer protection. Also, write to the Attorney General of Utah. (I don't have their address yet, but I am searching for it, and will succeed in getting it.) It is important to make the complaints to the agencies. THey sometimes make decisions about which frauds to pursue based upon a particular number of complaints received. Yours could be the magic number. Obviously, they cannot do everything, but this type of scam appears to be very prevalent.

5th of Dec, 2011

I am the victim of this scam too. Vacation Savers and BARGAINLINK.CA are operating out of QUEBEC and charging unauthorized payments out of the credit card. I tried to call the number above and could not get through. This must be stopped.

• Dr
      4th of Jul, 2012

Just discovered $19.95 has been coming off my visa since April/11!!! I didn't sign anything and have no idea how I got a "membership". I just now called and am being reimbursed for 3 months...and my "account" cancelled! This is amazing...!!!