Bargainlink. Ca And Vacationsavers. CA / Unauthorized charge on Visa

1 300 Finch Avenue West Apt. #201Toronto, Ontario, Canada Review updated:
Phone: 416-225-8637

I had two charges on my Visa bill for $19.95 each from bargainlink.ca and vacationsavers.ca. How is this happening without my permission.

How do I get reimbursed?

this needs to stop.

Comments

• Je
      24th of Jul, 2010

I have had two unauthorized charges for $19.95 for the last two months from bargainlink.com and myvacationsavers.com. I have no idea what they are for.

• Je
      24th of Jul, 2010

My attitude toward my complaint is "disturbed". Also, I failed to mention that the charges are on my Mastercard.

• To
      27th of Nov, 2010

this happened to me as well! I ordered a colon clense and was told about the bargain link trial, but was not told about the vacation savers.also i got the notifications in the mail AFTER the trial period was finished hence 2 charges of 19.95 = 1.95 on my Visa bill when i called to ask why? was told i would get a utility voucher?? and to claim my free airfare voucher??? no help what soever !

• Mi
      17th of Jan, 2011

Hello, I am the Director of Membership Services for the Bargainlink.ca program. Bargainlink.ca is a membership savings program that offers thousands of Canadian members thousands of dollars in savings on brand named products every day. We would like to help you get your issue resolved. We definitely do not want members to feel that they were falsely signed up to our memberships. We have many practices in place to ensure that these types of issues do not arise. Please feel free to call us toll free at 1-800-375-1795 so we can go over your membership details and assist you in getting your concerns taken care of. Our customer service department is available an open 24 hours per day 7days per week for your convenience.

• Wa
      31st of Jan, 2011

Mike YBL. Buddy...I just got scammed out of a minimum of a couple bucks. YES its a scam. This happened at instyler.ca about 15 munutes ago. I ordered the Instyler product, entered billing info along with credit card info and confirmed my order. Perfect ordering system...everthing was fine and complete with an email waiting from instyler.ca when for no good reason a page loaded with what appeared to me like a bonus offer for a 25$ gitft card at Canadian Tire. I clicked on it, not thinking to much about it until the next page loaded. I knew right away that I had been scammed. The page said to clik here to claim my 50$ Petro Canada gift card. I knew right away what you were up to. Congratulations on that. Really!!! Good job. I'm not an easy target. Easy money is always nice but its totally uncool how you go about it. Its also illegal!

To those of you who do not realise how this clever piece of internet fraud works:
    It could be anywhere you finish an online transaction where you pay by credit card. Possibly PayPal, or any other payment method as well.
    By making the online transaction to purchase your curling iron from instyer.ca or possibly any other site you have allready entered your billing information for the next purchase as well. You just don't realise it.
    The new page loads asking you to claim your free prize, in my case it was for a Canadian Tire gift card. Once you click on the "Clain Prize" button you have essentially claimed your order and your credit card is now charged. What you ordered is in fine print at the bottom of the page. Its a trial membership to vacationsavers.ca. It costs you 2.00 for the first 7 days and then your credit card gets billed 20 bucks on a monthly basis.
    I know there is at least 2 "Claim Prize" offers and there could be much more.
    Its fraud and not legal because they are using deceptive techniques. There trickery is creative but according to the law you absolutely must be clear. You are suggesting a free gift card and in the fine print you have abrief description of what is actually going on. If they do not send you any information by email etc, on what you have just purchased and info on how to cancel membership within 48 hours of the time your card was charged, its against the law. There is also an issue with the fact that nobody entered credit card info on any of your sites let alone confiirmed any transaction. They could be subject to a jail sentence!

To fix this problam as quickly as possible you need to notify your credit card company. Ask to speek with there fraud department and explain to them what happened. The sooner you do it the least amount of money you will lose. Mastercard, Visa, etc...will eventually not allow any of there transactions. If you have fraud protection, your credit card will reimburse you. Credit card companies are not going to loose money. Its certain they will prosecue these people.