Bargain Link / Unauthorized debiting

1 Ontario, Canada Review updated:

When buying an eye cream online at the end of the transaction an offer of $25 worth of free gas from Canadian Tire came up - I clicked "yes." I was expecting the voucher to arrive with my eye cream but didn't think too much of it when it didn't. When my credit card statement arrived it showed a debit of $19.95 from Bargain Link. When I called to ask why they were debiting my credit card it turned out that the gas voucher had "terms and conditions" in very small box. I asked them to stop charging me and was willing to suck up the first charge for missing the "terms." Three months later I am still calling the company as they continue to charge me. My credit card company can't block individual merchants so it looks as though I will have to cancel my card and get a new one.

Sa

Comments

• Mi
      17th of Jan, 2011

Hello, I am the Director of Membership Services for the Bargainlink.ca program. Bargainlink.ca is a membership savings program that offers thousands of Canadian members thousands of dollars in savings on brand named products every day. We would like to help you get your issue resolved. We definitely do not want members to feel that they were falsely signed up to our memberships. We have many practices in place to ensure that these types of issues do not arise. Please feel free to call us toll free at 1-800-375-1795 so we can go over your membership details and assist you in getting your concerns taken care of. Our customer service department is available an open 24 hours per day 7days per week for your convenience.

• Kt
      8th of Apr, 2011
    Bargain Link - Charged for something I never received
    Bargain Link
    Devine
    Texas
    Phone: 210-383-1131

I signed up for Dish Network and was told I would received an information packet and had 2 weeks to check it out and see if I liked this service if I didnt I could cancel the service. I never received any thing but was charged 16.95. I was charged 1.95
    supposedly for shipping and handling.

• Co
      9th of Nov, 2011

I am a cust service agent at a credit card company. For obvious reasons, I won't say my name or the company I work for. Just call me Deepthroat. I get calls from people who have no clue how this service got on their card, and have no clue what it is.

• To
      13th of Mar, 2012

I JUST realized that after making a purchase from another web site for 'HD Vision' sunglasses, I was entered into the 'Bargain Link' program.
    SHAME ON ME, for not noticing sooner. I have been paying $19.95 on my Visa card every month since 2010! These are now the most expensive sunglasses I have owned.

• He
      18th of Oct, 2012

UNKNOWN TO ME I HAVE BEEN PAYING A MONTHLY FEE FOR BARGAIN LINK FOR A YEAR. OVER ONE MONTH AGO I CONTACTED THE STORE? THEY GAVE ME A PASSWORD AND I TRIED TO ORDER SOME PRODUCT. WHEN I CHECKED OUT THEY HAD MY ADDRESS CORRECT BUT THE COUNTRY WAS THE UNITED STATES. CONSEQUENTLY I COULD NOT HAVE MY PRODUCT DELIVERED. FOR OVER A MONTH NOW I HAVE BEEN GIVEN THE RUN AROUND THAT IT WILL TAKE 2 OR 3 DAYS TO CORRECT THE PROBLEM. BUT TO NO AVAIL. TODAY I TRIED AGAIN AND GUESS WHAT? SAME PROBLEM. PROMISED ME IT WOULD BE REPAIRED BY FRIDAY!!! SO FAR I HAVE TALKED TO NUMEROUS PEOPLE INCLUDING 3 DIFFERENT SO CALLED MANAGERS BY THE NAME OF JASON, DAMAON AND TODAY CHRISTINA GAVE THE PROMISE THROUGH ONE OF YOUR EMPLOYEES CALLED BHAVASH. EVERYONE IS VERY NICE TO ME TO NO ONE CAN SOLVE THE PRO BLEM. MEANWHILE YOU KEEP CHARGING MY VISA BILL. IF I CANCEL THE BILL I CANNOT GET MY MONEY BACK ON DISCOUNTS THAT YOU SUPPOSEDLY OFFER. MY NEXT STEP WILL BE THE BETTER BUSINESS BUREAU. HERB

• Na
      21st of Feb, 2013

Bargain Link? That [censored]ing bunch of con artists ripped me off for 4 [censored]ing months. These sacks of ### should be in jail. I'm still going to report them to the Better Business Bureau, and whoever the hell else I can report them too. Three years ago, ordering a [censored]ing $20 Yoshi knife cost me $120.

• Li
      5th of May, 2013

I have been having 16.95 taken out of my bank now for 14 months. Due to illness, I was not able to do anything about it until now. I called my bank and asked them to stop payment on that total. I was told to change my Debit Card, which I did. Because it was 14 months, I received 14 letters today to tell me that they did not allow my dispute to go through, because it was a constant for so long. They also told me that if the company Bargain Link put it through, that the bank could transfer it to my new Debit Card. How can this possibly happen? I have no idea why I have been charged this, as I do not remember every calling Bargain Link. Please Help. Get these scamming people off of the Internet.

• Th
      17th of Mar, 2014

These people at bargainlink.ca are absolute criminals. Just found out they have been charging my credit card at $19.37 per month for a membership i never signed up for. Hopefully my credit card company can remove the charges.