Barefoot Tess / Non-receipt of shoes ordered and company refused to refund money.

1 Atlanta, GA, United States Review updated:

I was searching online for a new site to purchase large size women's shoes and came across Barefoot Tess. I placed an order and never received it. I was a little skeptical, but they did refund my money after research showed my order had been either lost or stolen. A month or so later, I saw Batrefoot Tess shoes on the Macy's website so I felt Barefoot Tess was a reputable. I re-ordered two of the pairs of shoes I initially ordered. Again, I received my order, but the tracking info showed my order delivered. I went throught so much to try and find out what happened to my shoes. Fortunately, at the last moment, before finalizing payment for my order, I decided to go through Paypal. Barefoot Tess blatantly told me since the tracking info showed my shoes as delivered they would not be able to refund my money this time. As a last resort, I lodged a dispute with Paypal against Barefoot Tess.com. Paypal discovered my shoes had been delivered to Japan with an international tracking number and customs number. I won my claim and Paypal saw to my money being refunded to me. Thing is this, how did the tracking number provided to Paypal by Barefoot Tess be an international tracking number and the tracking information they had on the site for my shoes was not? Very weird! Anyway, I just got my refund back and I'm never shopping on the Barefoot Tess website again! Thank you, Paypal!

Di
Apr 11, 2013

Comments

• Di
      11th of Apr, 2013

I was searching online for a new site to purchase large size women's shoes and came across Barefoot Tess. I placed an order and never received it. I was a little skeptical, but they did refund my money after research showed my order had been either lost or stolen. A month or so later, I saw Batrefoot Tess shoes on the Macy's website so I felt Barefoot Tess was a reputable company. I re-ordered two of the pairs of shoes I initially ordered. Again, for the second time, I did not receive my order even though the tracking info showed it had been delivered to my address. I contacted my Post Office, The Postal Service Headquarters, Postal Service Investigations and Postal Service Consumers Affairs. I went throught so much to try and find out what happened to my shoes but to no avail. Fortunately for me, before I finalized payment for my order with Barefoot Tess, I decided to go through Paypal. Check this out. Barefoot Tess told me since the tracking info showed my shoes as delivered they would not be able to refund my money this time. As a last resort, I lodged a dispute with Paypal against Barefoot Tess.com. Paypal discovered my shoes had been delivered to Japan from an international tracking number and customs number provided to them by Barefoot Tess. I won my claim and Paypal saw to my money being refunded back to me. What puzzles me is how is it that the tracking number provided to Paypal by Barefoot Tess was an international tracking number and the tracking information they provided on the website for my order was not? Very weird! Anyway, I just got my refund back and I'm never shopping on the Barefoot Tess website again! Thank you, Paypal!