Bare Minerals / Have not received my trail and order!

1 54152 Ash RD LOT 313South Bend, IN, United States Review updated:
Phone: 574-675-9693

I NO longer wish to order your product for the simple fact i ordered my FREE trial on December 20, 2007 and still have not got it in the mail. I feel that if it's taking longer than the time that one of your representatives said, then what is to say that if I did enjoy the product and wanted to order more that it won't come just like my trial has not came. It is a shame and I am VERY disappointed that i did not get to try the product out. As of right now i will not be ordering any of your make-up and obviously my trial never got sent to me so DO NOT even bother sending it now. It is also a shame that you would take advantage of someone the way you have me, by taking my money knowing that you would never send my order to me.

Comments

• Sh
      9th of Jan, 2008

If you want people to take you or your complaint serious then you should take time to make sure you grammar usage is correct and that there are no misspelled words in your complaint. Also, you might consider that the holiday season is a busy time for retailers. Clearly, customers that are paying for orders should take priority over free trials of non paying customers. If your position was that of the paying customer and it took an especially long time to receive your order because the company made getting the free trial offers out first, I suspect you would be angry. Remember everyone cannot be first. Too bad you don't even want to try it anymore... It's a fantastic product!

• Ha
      19th of Apr, 2008

ok so i was at a friends house and she put bare minerals on me i started to break out but it was mild...we went to the mall and i hadnt noticed it at all but when we got back to her house i broke out in huge horrible rashed my skin was on FIRE!!! i tried all kinds of remedies but nothing worked!!! my skin now is still inflamed it burns like HELL!!! dont buy this product if u have sensative skin

• Ji
      25th of Sep, 2008

I ordered my started kit from bare minerals Sept 17th on their website and also paid $24.95 to supposedly have it "shipped 2 day air". I received an e-mail Sept 19th saying it had been shipped out. Well it's Sept 25th and STILL have not received it. Why did I pay $24.95 if I'm still waiting? I called a the customer service hotline and the lady told me it take 3 to 5 business to receive it, if i ordered it last friday why isn't here. Friday being one, Monday-two, Tuesday-three, Wednesday-four, Thursday- five. She was NO help what so ever and told me that if I didn't receive it tomorrow then I could do something about it. I am so disgusted and disappointed that I will definetely be sending it back WITHOUT trying it and NEVER ordering from this company again. They obviously do not care about their customers. Oh and when I asked if she could maybe use the tracking number to find it, she said that I could go to the website and do that myself. What a rip off!!!

• Ro
      17th of Feb, 2009

CANCEL MY SUBSCRITION ORDER #1504834
    AS OF TODAY 2/17/09

• Sh
      28th of Mar, 2009

Their customer service sucks. They cannot do anything when you call them. They don't honor their promises and really don't care about keeping customers. I am done with this company. This is definitely BUYER BEWARE.

29th of Jan, 2010

Shorty after I moved two years ago (and had all of mail forwarded through the post office), I contacted Bare Minerals because I had not received my latest shipment. I was told over the phone that they had no idea why I had not received my shipment, so I canceled my membership, which only shipped once every six months anyway. The membership was charged on a credit card I no longer use and have been paying off. I no longer use the credit card, don't carry the card in my wallet, and just make the payments every month. Come to find out, Bare Minerals has been charging me once every six months for the last 2 years and they have not sent me any products whatsoever! They claim that they have sent four packages of makeup and I have received zero! They offered to refund the latest charge but refuse to refund any of the others, and yet they have no tracking code that I can use to trace down the lost packages they supposedly sent.
    They said there is nothing else they can do even though they never sent me any kind of confirmation email notifying me that they were charging my account like most companies do. Lesson learned: look carefully at your credit card statements (even those you do not charge on), and do not subscribe to Bare Minerals because they do not take responsibility for lost packages or notify you when they charge your card!

• Gi
      27th of Mar, 2010

I recommed using Exotic Minerals by So Seductive Cosmetics
    there mineral makeup is Bismuth Free and caters to women with sensitive skin! There formula also contains
    Vitamins A, E & C. I love this product! Vist there website at www.soseductivecosmetics.com or www.exoticminerals.net

• Pa
      3rd of Jun, 2010

You can find good mineral makeup on ebay. I received mine in the mail today and I only paid $21.95 for a full kit including brushes, and free shipping. Will last a few months with regular use. Mineral makeup contains no fillers, and it looks like you don't get much for your money, but you really do. Check the ingredients before you buy - the best mineral makeups will have very few ingredients, and the top three ingredients will be zinc oxide, titanium dioxide, and iron oxides. Avoid fillers and rice powders, ultramarine, and talc. I am not shilling for any mineral makeup sellers or companies, but I researched mineral makeup (and everything else I buy) thoroughly before setting money down..the internet is a vast information source, check it out before you buy it.

• Lo
      25th of Aug, 2010

Oh they are horrible! I went online to purchase their product nearly a year ago - October 2009 and I thought I was purchasing their trial package, but apparently a "club membership" is attached to their trial package. Not knowing this, I was confused when almost a year later, i received a package and inside a receipt charging my credit card of the items in the package. I was confused because I didn't make any new purchase from them, I noticed that my credit card was charged, so I checked my credit card statements and noticed that for nearly a year, every 2 months since purchasing my "trial package, I've been charge $50.18 or more for merchandise that never arrived!

I proceeded to call their customer service line, and they suck. No help at all, just condescending about the situation told. It appears that they have serious problem with their business practices as they appear to have quick responses to everything as if they have it memorize given the amount of complaints they get perhaps. :)

I informed them of the merchandise that I just received and that I was confused why I have been charged several times w/o any merchandise sent to me. She informed me that upon my trial order I was automatically signed up for a club membership and that it was my responsibility to check on them if no packages arrived to me. I told them I wasn't aware of me signing up for a club membership and not knowing so did not know if I was to receive a package regularly ergo not checking until now.

I was quite appalled their respond after this, as they told me how funny it was that the initial order arrived and this one but the rest didn't as if applying something more than the truth that I don't know why their subsequent packages never arrived. And without even extending an effort to investigate, they basically told me they can't do anything about the old transactions that didn't arrive. They can refund me the one that recently arrived, but the remaining ones which I actually don't have anything to show for, they are keeping the money. This is where I have a problem. I have a problem with paying for something I don't have a merchandise for.

I have a problem with paying for shipping and handling for something that was never shipped to me and downright mishandled.
    I have a problem with Bare Minerals!

I asked if they could at least look into this before they concluded that it is my fault and keep my money, because I will NOT pay for something that I never got.
    Perhaps looking into shipping company they used, if they have some sort of tracking system. Instead they just said their policy only allows them to credit this month and that i had to wait to talk to a manager in order for them to actually make the credit.

A day later, a manager called me, then told me nothing that the first agent already said. She actually said it was my fault that the merchandise didn't arrive, because I didn't look and ask to find out where my packages are and now is too late to do any sort of refunds.
    I kept on telling them that I never received any merchandise and for them to take my money is unacceptable. I will not pay for nothing!
    She basically told me too bad so sad, you didn't look into your credit card statement enough for these months, your money is ours.

I actually liked bare minerals but now, I will not go back to them. They are a scam artist and there are so many other mineral companies out there, that i would rather spend my money somewhere where they practice good business ethics.

UNBELIEVABLE, DO NOT BUY FROM THIS COMPANY -- SCAMMERS!

Anyone else encountered the same situation? Would love to hear if this is truly a one-off or there are others that experienced the same thing.

• Al
      18th of Jul, 2011

I sent the following e mail to 4 different addresses listed on the Bare Escentuals website (they are same as Bare Minerals), and have received no response - living in Hawaii, shipping is a big issue - here's what happened on my first order with them since moving here:

First let me say that I have my own online business and if I treated my customers the way I've been treated by Bare Escentuals with regards to my shipping problem, I would have been out of business a long time ago
    I live in Hilo, Hawaii - I placed a phone order with Bill in your customer service on June 17 - at that time, I was told that shipping would take 1 to 2 weeks to reach me in Hawaii - I was fine with that - here I am, almost a month later, and the last tracking information I have on my package is that it was in San Franscisco as of June 24 - I even call that Bulk Mail Center and was told that it most likely went by boat on June 29 or 30 to Hawaii - that takes about a week to be received at Honolulu and be scanned in there - that would have put it in Honolulu around July 8 - it is now July 18 and nothing new is noted about this package - yet, I was told today that I have to wait until tomorrow to complain yet again and have it reshipped because tomorrow is 21 working days since it was shipped and your policy is to give the package that long to be received - THEN I was told that if you re ship to the same address and it isn't received you won't do anything about it - so, if I understand correctly, I would be out the $63 simply because I live in Hawaii and you're can't be bothered to find a better way to ship to customers in Hawaii - SAY WHAT ??? - ARE YOU KIDDING ???
    I've never run into such a ridiculous shipping policy in my life - most large companies have shipping options for areas like Hawaii, and ship orders coming out here by Priority Mail so that things like this don't happen - in other words, they actually care that customers in Hawaii get their products in a timely manner and are happy with their buying experience - Bare Escentuals could take a lesson - now, unless I somehow miraculously get this package by tomorrow morning, I have to call back and have the reship sent to my business in Nevada, then I'll have to pay even more shipping to get it from Nevada to me here in Hawaii - would you like to be told that if this was YOUR order ??? I really think not
    I was living on the Mainland the last time I ordered these products, and came back to Bare Escentuals after 4 years of trying other brands, etc - I came back bacause I truly felt the Bare Escentuals products were superior to the other products I had tried, and I still do - but I also judge a company by how they treat their customers and this company has failed miserably - I am so disappointed in this company - you should be disappointed in yourselves - Order # 60567897

• Cl
      12th of Mar, 2014

Has anyone had a problem with them charging you before they were supposed to?