Barclays Ll Bean / Terrible experience

I'm amazed that a first-class company like LL Bean would be using such a 3rd rate banking card company to do their business. The transition was very poor. Took me 1 1/2 hours to apply for the credit card. I felt sorry for the customer service reps at LL Bean for the grief the "powers that be" at LL Bean put them through. One rep told me that they did buy the phone reps bagels and donut holes for the job they did on the first day there was a change over. I don't doubt that the CEO, President, etc of LL Bean was not helping on the phones. I had to deal with people in India to apply for my card and then it was like pulling teeth.

Va

Comments

• Ru
      18th of Oct, 2009

Barclays is not that responsive. Moreover, they are running purely for the greed factor. For some reason, they felt it necessary to run my rate to 24% from 14.5% even though I have a good credit rating. The only late payment on this account was due to an error on their part and that $39 fee was returned on the subsequent bill.

I don't think LLBean realized that this relationship could negatively impact its otherwise stellar reputation.

• Ir
      26th of Oct, 2010

L L Bean sent me a application for a credit card with Barclays even after I asked them not to send me any solicitations of any kind. I had opted out. I guess there has been a change in who makes the decisions at this company and it has nothing to do with the customer but what is good for their bottom line. They no longer have a stellar reputation with me.