Barclays Bank / Unable to withdraw funds even though money available

1 Carshalton, England, Surrey, United Kingdom Review updated:

My husband and I tried to withdraw some of our available funds from our joint account as my husband needed the money for his jury service at the Old Bailey, as we were waiting for our request to be processed the ATM said " we were not able to process your transaction"

We went into the local branch on the following morning to find out what was happening and had to take my money out over the counter, I have contacted the call centre on many occasions only not to get anywhere. This had been going on for 4 days and I have finally managed to sort it out! How many calls does it take to an Indian call centre to get this problem fixed!!!

Comments

• Mo
      26th of Feb, 2008
    Barclays Bank - Persional loan / too much rate of intrests and amonut
    India

Dear Sir,

I applied and submitted my document for persional loan in barclays bank in chennai.
    my requirement amount is one lacs.

they told 20% rate of intest for 48 months. i accepeted and i gave 9 cheques for my PL.

Yesterday i got a call from mumbai(022-40941400) loan amount Sanctioned only 55 thousands rate of intrest 22% for 48 months. i am confusing for this matter.But i gave 9 cheques for one lac amounts.

after that i called to chennai pl division's people.they are not response my calls.

kindly take the action for my request.

persional loan division number(044- 45513176) contact person name charanya

• Va
      29th of Apr, 2008
    Barclays Bank - Customer reps are terrible
    www.barclays.co.uk

After spending approximately 1 hour on the phone with customer reps who do not speak English well or were coached in how to not understand plain English I am completely mystified. All I wanted to do was to add my wife's account to the same internet payment system as I have for my two other accounts. This process apparently blew the reps mind. The first rep tried to tell me that I had to change the pay-or account facility. The second rep directed me to the web site twice and said that I had to set up a new account. The web site failed to accept the new information and then referred me back to the help line.

Suggestion for Barclays-use American/English speaking reps for American customers. The two dollars an hour more you would pay an American rep would result in a lot less pissed off customers and certainly would speed up the resolution of similar problem.

I w will avoid using this card from now on.

• Bo
      6th of May, 2008

I was just on the phone with a rude rep. from Barclays. I have auto payments for my credit card and they failed to take payment out for April. Then they tried to take a double payment out in May without my consent. I was speaking with one customer service rep. when a supervisor named (Darren) piped in and stated, "so you think you dont have to pay your bills"?)
    That is not the issue. They cant just double bill someone without them knowing about it!!! Then Darren proceeds to tell me that if I did not make this double payment I would be reported to the credit bureau. He stated that Barclays was doing me a favor by not reporting me already. ( they were the ones who never drafted my account!!!)

This clown then proceeds to tell me there is no one else available to help me and customer service probably would not talk with me on the phone until I paid the $250.

I called back later and spoke with an ignorant woman named Eva. She refused to let me speak with a supervisor and even laughed at my request.

What has this world come too??

2nd of Jul, 2008

Yes, they was sweet while collecting documents and they became strange and now I've been forced to payback their amt even after declining the loan.. They credited the amount on my bank account and no one is responding from Barclay's PLC.. Poor service. Don't trust those guys !!!

• Ut
      2nd of Jul, 2008

Dear sir,

R you got any written request from barclays bank regarding your loan request confiramtion, loan amount, rate of intrest, Tenur. Then only you give your repayment cheque to them.

The loan is a personel loan ? in flotting rate of intrest.

if you taken a personel loan it will never changed the rate of intrest. please ask them given to written request for the reason for rewised rate of intrest.

if they are given the reason please check the fist loan shedule documents with good chartered accountan or lawyer.

some tips for loan/credit cards applications.
    Before sign the document you should read entire document.
    please fill all the colums of the document. some blank field are spoil your money.

Dear friends in future dont give blank cheque in any part of your life to any others particulrley banks & finance institutions. please fill it up the all details and singned it.

One more thing please make a note for giving the loan documents, collecting persons name address, phone no's.

Some persons are called and said some offers for the cards/ loans. please ask them in written request in proper format. They never distrub you.

thanks & regards
    uthraa

• Te
      13th of Jul, 2008
    Barclays Bank - Delay in payment of employes
    pro sales finacial service pvt ltd
    India
    barclaysbank.com

I am the employe of your company working the Kanjurmarg branch under Mr.Edward Parera's management since past two months we new 20 agents did not received our salary.Plz try to pay our salary as soon as possible, we have the record of all the customer's to whom we have sold the cards we will screw your company by our way by giveing the calls to those customers and informing them that your company is frauds and will be closeing very soon.You have already terminated two girls without paying them thier dues so we cannot trust you any more.Dont force us to register the complaint in the head branch of U.K for your kind information.

• Bk
      8th of Aug, 2008

BARCLAY BANK CREDIT CARD - very worst service in india

still i have not recieved anyreversal & any reply from barclays credit card department after requesting them by mails & phone calls

hi barclay,

harassment calls from barclays credit card payment customer service in india from mumbai i recorded the conversation also.i & my family are very much disturbed by this phone calls .

On droppping a my cheque in favour of Barclays Bank PLC, at gangadeshwaram koil street chennai drop box on 26-04-2017. After dropping the Cheque well before the due date bank is continuously sending the statement demanding the Late Fee, tax and Interest. After dropping the cheque how can customer come to know about the cheque? he can know only when his/her account has debited. I had talked to Barclays payment persons many times and customer care also but no body is willing to give some kind of help.

NO ATM CENTRE IN MY CITY
    NO BARCLAY BANK IN MY CITY
    TOLL FREE CUSTOMERCARE NUMBER IS NOT WORKING
    EVEN I TRIED YOUR OTHER CUSTOMERCARE NUMBERS ALSO THEY NOT AT ALL ATTENDING MY CALLS FOR A LONG & I WASTED A LOT OF AMOUNT FOR THAT STD CHARGES
    Barclaycard bills online IS NOT TIE UP WITH MY BANK ACCOUNT
    CASH COLLECTION EXECUTIVES ARE NOT COMING.

I HAVE ONLY ONE OPTION WHERE I CAN PAY MY BILL AMOUNT IS CHEQUE DROP BOX

PLEASE HELP ME REGARDING THIS ISSUE

B.KISHOR KUMAR
    india
    chennai
    tamil nadu

• Sh
      10th of Oct, 2008

I SHEIKH MUZAFAR TANVEER ARE UNHAPPY ABOUT BARCLAYS BANK IN UK CONZ MY MONEY HAS NOT YET TO
    TRANSFER TO MY ACCOUNT IN INDIA SINCE LAST 4MONTHS.
    VERY BAD
    THANKS

• Ni
      13th of Jan, 2009
    Barclays Bank - Overcharged
    barclays.com

The branch of barclays branch in bishop auckland told me at the manned cubicles that my account had over ten pounds more in the account than i actually did according to their phone services hours before logging this report. i paid for something online that was of the balance of around nine pounds. i since have had two reserve fees of 22 pounds added which has made my account over fifty pounds overdrawn, i have had a blind refusal to pay it back, another complaint has been logged after i had already complained about it previously and they had labeled the file RESOLVED!!!. this is in total the 17th error on their part in 6 months, many of which i have had to pay for. last time they let money to the tun e of 123.00 come out and racked up the charges to 890.00 over four months with no other contributing factors. they are criminals!!!. they do deserve to go to court for their actions which are the actions of profiteering con artists. i would not run a business that way and nor should they really. DO NOT OPEN AN ACCOUNT WITH THEM, it costs more to bank with them than goes into your account and they have ruined my credit rating. i have no other debts or blacklisting with anyone and do not deserve this stress. no-one needs the hassle that goes with banking with them, i don't do bitter but a rip off is a rip off and this site was designed for a company like barclays to be found out.

• Mr
      19th of Jan, 2009
    Barclays Bank - Transfer of pensioon
    United Kingdom

I receive my pension through the Barclays and in November2007, for some reason or another, they still have not informed me, they stopped transferring my pension for three months, I have a standing order with them, so I called and called and called, spending hours on the phone with no results, I mean the money is mine, not theirs for heaven sake, after many calls, letters, faxes, etc. I had my standing order started again, hurrah! after being promised that it would not happen again, what's my surprise they have stopped transferring my pension again in November 2017, now its January 2017 and they still haven't sent me my money, which according to a bank statement they sent, is in my bank account. I phoned and ofcourse they cannot do anything. WHY? I don't know, they don't know either, so who knows why it was stopped? They promise to investigate, to call back. NOTHING. I promise that nobody will ever hear a kind word about Barclays Bank from me. My name is Mrs M.N.P. Trillo and I'm having economical problems because Barclays Bank is keeping my money. Never, ever, open an account in Barclays.

• Th
      4th of Feb, 2009
    Barclays Bank - Stolen cheqye
    England, Greater London
    United Kingdom

I have been having problems with barclays last years, after banking with them for 5years, I request a cheque book from them, and it never got to me for some reason someone got hold of my cheque book and started issuing cheque from my cheque book, knowing that it is not my signature they still accept the cheques. I went through so much stress I had to contact them on many occasion to cancel the cheques and they didn't at my 1st class, I had to cry and complaint that I need my money to pay my rent and therefore I was entitled to an emergency overdraft I was told no. I request another cheque book and I told them I will collect it in branch and and the customer advisor told me she can't do it, so therefore I asked her to cancel it, and she didn't received the cheque book, but a 2nd cheque book was issued after the one I request without me asking for a 2nd cheque book!Which is wrong and they should not do this!I need to take it further for compensation because I am sick and tierd of this stupid bank!

• Pe
      26th of Apr, 2009

Totally agree with you they rip people off, I complained about some 8 pound charges some of which were for small transactions under a pound, because I'd gone over my reserve limit. Common sense wasn't in their books despite me having an account with them for over 20 years. As in your case they said my case was resolved, absolute rubbish it was resolved according to them, they are crooks, total crooks.

• Ju
      27th of Jun, 2009

At the moment I have precisely the same problem with only one difference, it's Saturday and all the branches are closed!!!

• Vi
      17th of Aug, 2009

I would Like to infrom that i have recieved a mail From BARCLEY BANK Account Manager, He send me lottery ticket this is mentiong bellow.

please download picture

• St
      6th of Sep, 2009
    Barclays Bank - Poor service to dealing with customer complaints
    enfield
    England, Greater London
    United Kingdom

for last couple of years been complaing to barclays regarding poor service about mortgages and secured loan of £30k plus a 9k ppi attached, been writing to john varley, dont think he has ever seen my letters, abosolute waste of time writing to him. you just get passed from pillar to post with other people. finnally took my complaint to financial ombudsman, they ruled in my favor but guess what stiil no responce from barclays or any money. the service is so very poor.
    steve r

• Ze
      2nd of Oct, 2009

Why not try the Financial Ombudsman Service? No cost; impartial; authoritative - and they can award damages.

• Ze
      2nd of Oct, 2009

Same here, but in my case, it was a wait of over two months, while I was stranded in SE Asia [without a return ticket]. I've gone to the Financial Ombudsman!

• Po
      5th of Oct, 2009

u will not believe what type of service they provide us in italy. i made a transfer on 19th june, 2017, they deducted US$ 662 and the amount reached pakistan in 19 days. can u belive that they cahrge me US$662 and took 19 days for swift transfer. [protected]@live.net

• Po
      5th of Oct, 2009

please correct the e mail address it is [protected]@live.com

• Re
      15th of Oct, 2010
    Barclays Bank - Worst bank in the world

Barclay's Bank is officially the worst bank I have ever dealt with. My credit card was transferred to Barclay's Bank about 6 months ago and ever since I have had nothing but problems. Currently, they have cashed 2 payments totally $1500.00 and it's 45 days since I have filled a complaint and there is still no credit to my account or update on the case. I have called in to their Customer Service Department 10+ times with no success. They have even hung up on me before after asking to speak with a supervisor.

BEWARE OF BARCLAY'S BANK! DO NOT EVER OPEN AN ACCOUNT OR CREDIT CARD WITH THIS COMPANY. I HAVE NOW BEEN TRYING TO CLOSE MY ACCOUNT FOR 45 DAYS AND HAVE HAD LITTLE TO NO CUSTOMER SERVICE.