Barclays Bank Delaware / Scam and cheating

1 Wilmington, DE, United States Review updated:
Phone: 302-2558301

I signed up for automatic payment. Barclay's Credit Card company pulls money out of for the amount which is NOT DUE yet. It causes my account overdraft. I made a payment before due date. Then I signed up for automatic payment. The way I understood is that Barclay will only pull the amount due.

When I contacted them, the answer is it is out of their control. I asked for refund. They said it will take 7 to 10 days. I asked to expedite. They said NO. It is out of their control. I insisted. They said contact Lloyd Wirshba. My point: it is under their control to pull money. It is under their control to design the correct and accurate system. It is under their control.

My point to the banking industry, especially Mr. Wirswhba... FIX IT. It is illegal to pull money out which does not belong to you. BE FAIR to consumers. Fix your system.

Va

Comments

• Td
      16th of Dec, 2009

I have a Future trust credit card and was late by one to two days and called customer service. I talked to Vince and asked for the late fees to be waived. The answer was no...i asked to speak to someone else and was told this is as far as this will go. NEVER have i delt with a credit card company not willing to look at your tenure and loyalty and how many times you have had adjustments. Now because of this they want to move my interest rate to 30%...that is CRAZY!!!

Barclays is never going to be recommended by me. Also i tried to contact lloyd and of course there is no e-mail or #.. Are they trying to hide from the truth of their customers and the poor service we recieve..

• Je
      18th of Feb, 2011

I signed up for e-billing but missed an email from the Barclays (it went to my spam folder). I was only 5 days late and the balance was $20. The representative waved the late fee when I talked to her on the phone and made the payment, but 3 days later I received 2 letters stating that my "creditworthiness had declined" and that my interest rate would go from 9% to 23.5%!
    When I called to talk it over with customer service, they refused to make an exception to the policy (though I have never been late on a payment before, and I ended up canceling the card because of the way I was treated by the 3 customer service reps I spoke with.
    They spoke to me with disrespect, sneered and scoffed openly when I requested an exception to policy, and apologized that, "I did not understand the agreement I had signed" and also said that they were "sorry I was angry about the new credit card act".
    Even if they were unwilling to make an exception to the policy they should have treated me with some respect. I was not disrespectful of them.
    Too bad a great company like L.L. Bean signed up with such a predatory company like Barclay's. I will no longer do business with either.

• Ih
      15th of Jun, 2012

I have been using many credit cards over many years. This card issuer is by far the worst, bar none. A merchant posted two unauthorized charges to my account and made a refund for one of them. I disputed these charges, but Barclays Bank refuses to process my claim, saying that the merchant already issued a credit. In general, their customer service, out-sourced to India, is exceedingly courteous, but clueless. It is like talking to robots -- reading from a script regardless what your question is. I had two disputes with two merchants over 8-9 years. Barclays was never on my side, rejecting my claims with form letters again and again. They treated me like trash, even though I spend 80K average per year on their card. I stopped using their card, and then they charged me a "minimum monthly charge." I am now closing this account.