Barclays Bank / Cash Isa / Real pain

1 United Kingdom Review updated:

I have opened a new Cash ISA account, the account has been opened wrongly for which I am following for last 3 months, but still no reply or confirmation from the Bank. Every time i receive a letter that we will come back not later than a date, but there is another letter on said with a new date. Secondly, I deposited a cheque for 3600/- which gets credited after 1.5 months in my account. For which again no response from Barclays bank.

Such a poor service, no idea what is watchdog or FSA doing with such Finance organization?

Thanks.

Ra

Comments

• Ri
      1st of Jul, 2008

I too have applied for a Tax Haven Cash ISA with Barclays. I applied back in May and here we are in July and it has still not been opened. They wrote me a letter saying that some of my security data was missing and that I had to attend any Barclays Branch with Picture ID and a Utility Bill for the information to be added to their database. This I already did when I re-mortgaged with them, but I went along and did it again. That was on the 16th of June and still no aknowledgement. I have decided to give them until the end of the week and if I still have not hear'd from them, I will pull my £3, 600 out of my current account and put it with my previous Isa provider. I might not get such a good rate of interest, but I know I will get better service.

• Hu
      12th of Jul, 2008

To whom reads this, I do deal with ISAs for Barclays and I would like to tell everyone that in the run up to the 5th of April, the end of the tax years; is that alot of people are applying for an ISA, son I and others are having to deal with opening your ISAs and I think you will find if every one is applying to open ISAs in the run up to the end of the tax year it is going to be busy. Apply for your ISA in October, November it will be dealed with quicker!!!