Barclays Bank / Liars

While on a business trip I was approached by a young fellow touting a free one way fare on Airtran for just taking out an Airtran card. He assured me no strings attached. He asked me if I wanted to add a magazine subscription and I said absolutely not.

Not only did I not get my free air fare but the little *** included a mag subscription to a sports magazine. I called Airtran and raised holy cane and got the free trip but Barclay people say I have to write a letter disputing the magazine charge. I told the rep I was not spending a minute more of my time on this matter and to have a supervisor call me. This is a good potential for a class action as I know others were lied to if I was.

Va

Comments

• Bk
      8th of Aug, 2008

BARCLAY BANK CREDIT CARD - very worst service in india

still i have not recieved anyreversal & any reply from barclays credit card department after requesting them by mails & phone calls

hi barclay,

harassment calls from barclays credit card payment customer service in india from mumbai i recorded the conversation also.i & my family are very much disturbed by this phone calls .

On droppping a my cheque in favour of Barclays Bank PLC, at gangadeshwaram koil street chennai drop box on 26-04-2008. After dropping the Cheque well before the due date bank is continuously sending the statement demanding the Late Fee, tax and Interest. After dropping the cheque how can customer come to know about the cheque? he can know only when his/her account has debited. I had talked to Barclays payment persons many times and customer care also but no body is willing to give some kind of help.

NO ATM CENTRE IN MY CITY
    NO BARCLAY BANK IN MY CITY
    TOLL FREE CUSTOMERCARE NUMBER IS NOT WORKING
    EVEN I TRIED YOUR OTHER CUSTOMERCARE NUMBERS ALSO THEY NOT AT ALL ATTENDING MY CALLS FOR A LONG & I WASTED A LOT OF AMOUNT FOR THAT STD CHARGES
    Barclaycard bills online IS NOT TIE UP WITH MY BANK ACCOUNT
    CASH COLLECTION EXECUTIVES ARE NOT COMING.

I HAVE ONLY ONE OPTION WHERE I CAN PAY MY BILL AMOUNT IS CHEQUE DROP BOX

PLEASE HELP ME REGARDING THIS ISSUE

B.KISHOR KUMAR
    india
    chennai
    tamil nadu

• Th
      3rd of Jul, 2009

Dude, it is a spam. send a letter asking them for details. I got caught. I am asking for explanation, in writing through mail.

• Th
      3rd of Jul, 2009

I cancelled my Barclays -US air credit card within a month I received it. US Air support number says, my account is closed and I owe nothing.

US Air gave me this card through Barclays bank. I think they have to sort it out with US Air, why they are asking client to call.

Barclays Bank claims there was a balance of 87 cents and it grew up to 87 dollars with interest and fine over the period of one year.

So, I owe them money.

I think these people are either cheats or they delegate their ideas to collection agency with a false or cooked up number. perhaps 7 out of 10 would pay out of fear that their credit history will go bad. The collection agency that the bank delegates does not care. Their job is to collect. Perhpaps both these guys work hand in hand.

These guys are cut throat thugs, both the bank and collection agency.