Barclays Bank / Be careful

The Barclays card customer reps have given me nightmares for the last two months. I have failed to understand the whole reason of a customer care centre for Barclays card India.

The whole issue started when I saw a late payment fees being charged against my card even though I had dropped my cheque for the due amount well within the due date. I had a horrible time making the customer representative understand the situation. After a dozen number of calls, the only response I got was they have no authority to reverse my late payment fees. I would like to warn all Barclays card user to be utterly cautious of this "Barclays Card».

Va

Comments

• Ar
      16th of Jul, 2008

Hi

M a credit card holder of Barclay, actually I ve recd a statement, in which 1025/- debited to my a/c, actually i have not used that amount, regarding this i have spoken many times with exicutive of customer care . eventhough i ve recd next month statement saying to pay 1650/- & also m getting daily msg to pay the due amount. I am sick and tired of getting messages from Barclays. If anything can be done about this, i would be really happy. pls contact me on this # 9980005576

Regards

Arun D A

• Ki
      24th of Sep, 2008

I TOTALLY AGREE WITH U ALL. BARCLAYS INDIA HAS STARTED MAL PRACTICE IN FULL SPPEED. I AM GOLD CARD HOLDER OF THE BANK. WITHOUT MY CONFIRMATION BANK HAS CHARGED ME RS 5000 FOR TRAVEL PLAN PRIORITY CIRCLE FEES + GOVT SERVICE TAX !!.

NO RESPONSE FOR EMAILS. WHEN I CALLED UP I WAS ON HOLD FOR MANY MINUTES ON STD CALL ( RS 100 GONE ), THEN SHE NOTED JUST A COMPLAIN BUT NO RESULT !!
    AFTER 2 WEEKS THEY STARTED TO CALL ME TWICE FOR THE PAYMENT. WHY SHOULD I PAY ? I HAVE NOT AVAILED ANY FACILITY. THIS IS A BIG CHEATING PROGRAMME GOING ON IN INDIA NOW BY BARLCAYS BANK.

THE BASIC FUNDA OF BARCLAYS BANK IN INDIA OR IN WORLD IS CHEATING ? NO ETHICS ? NO CUSTOMER RALATIONS ? I HATE SUCH BANK & PEOPLE BEHIND THE BANK ! UGLY GUYS !
    I WILL COMPLAIN TO RESERVE BANK OF INDIA, CONSUMER COURT ALSO. NOT PAYING ANYTHING BUT WILL ASK FOR COMPENSATION FOR WASTAGE OF MY TIME.

I TAKE THIS OPPORTUNITY AGAIN TO SAY THEM UGLY !

THANKS
    KIRTI GADESA
    INDIA
    0091 9825303642

• Sh
      5th of Dec, 2008

Barclays India have cheated me for the priority circle membership. A phonecall attended resulted as an confirmation for these people that they have made me a member and charged me with their fees of 6000/- + taxes amounting to 6641.26/- without my consent and I am not even aware of what exactly the membership is all about. I have complained on the very day when I received an sms that my bill has been generated for the same. I complained 4 times with the customer care dept, 4 times with the priority circle dept, 8 mails to their service email - id and 3 times with the recovery dept. Instead Barclays people are busy messaging me for dire consequences in terms of future credit cards and loans. They are busy charging me late payment fees and charges for the same today amounting to 7800/-
    Barclays are cheaters and hardly of any responsible directives in India.
    Poor mode of payment facilities, worst customer relation, lack of reliability, harassing ideology, confused policies, illegal practices, ill-treatments, etc... has been the functionings of Barclays.
    I term them as local money lenders organisation with no ethics and unauthorised market sick mentality.
    I totally agree with all who are facing ill-treatment for Barclays

Thanks
    Shailendra Bhat
    India
    {M} 9820966211

21st of Jan, 2009

i have barclay card since oct, 2007.but i have not used this card for any other purpose till upto date.but customer care person inform me that 7808=00 amount should be paid by you as soon as (for BARCLAY PRIORITY CIRCLE MEMBERSHIP) otherwise penalty will be consider.but when i did not accept any othert membership and customer care person did not inform me that above membership will be chargeable and i can cancel above membership within 21 days from amount debt from my card .this is totally fraud case. i did not accept any other membership .then how can i pay 7808=00.but they are saying that they have telephonic voice recored document for this bill.a lot of e-mail have sent by me .but barclay customer care person did not reply me regarding my e-mail.please help me regarding this matter.ANOOP KUMAR SAHU 9422352815, INDIA

• Be
      10th of Jun, 2009

Hi,

This is Berin Magesh Raja, I am barclays credit card holder.
    My card no is : 4339 4800 0031 4037.
    I have been dropped one TMB (Tamilnadu Mercantile Bank) cheque in Crosscut road, TR Collection, Coimbatore.
    Cheque amount is 9500 rs .
    Afterthat i got call from your customer care officer ( Saravanan from madras ), they told that your amount not credited .
    Then finally they sent a person and recieved the amount 9500/- from me.
    I got totally upset, when i saw thay May 09 statement, mentioned 650/- for late payment.
    i alredy paid 9500 rs, then why ihave to pay the late payment.
    Then, i tried to reach chennnai customer care person Mr saravan, but not able to catch him .
    Please consider this problem, my request you to reconside and revert back .
    I want to know my tamilnadu Mercantile bank cheque details
    Otherwise i won't pay any single paise . Please try to undersyand the problem.
    I am expecting Coming month, I believe it will be favour for me .
    Berin Magesh raja 98421 52212

• Ka
      24th of Jun, 2009

This is to inform u that i have one complain against ur bank...for last one month iam suffering for my ATM PIN...and i had already complain for the same but every guy of your's team give me only complain number nothing more ...ok This is not a good thing So, Plz provide me my ATM PIN ...

This is my last complain against u and i hope u guys give me a possitive response... either i had closed my account in your's bank

Plz note down my contact number & mail ID 09899982628/9311982628