Barclays Bank / Poor service!

1 Botswana Review updated:

I opened a Savings account on the 6th July 2007 and today on the 9 January 2008 I find out I am 252.25 in the red because I have made a total of 6 transactions and each transactions costs P100!! I was shocked to find this out because i don't remember at any point the clerk that opened the account for me mention this! I had left a balance of P500 in the initial P1000 I had deposited during the crazy festive season! I was made to run up and down the bank from clerk to clerk only to be told at the end I had to pay the charge so no matter how much I complain I'm gonna have to couch up! Now I admit to all those transactions but to be told every time I take my MONEY i have to pay some over weight fat cat a P100 and not to be aware of this now that I have a definite problem with. What is wrong with the banking system in Botswana because I have had Savings Accounts before in another countries and never in my life was I to pay 100 bucks for a lousy withdrawal and with these previous Savings Accounts I had a Visa card and in Botswana they didn't even give me a card and I had to endure long queues each time!and for this I have to pay P600!! Well I scoff at that and it's a pity I don't know of any consumer rights bodies to lodge my case with because what Barclays bank is doing is broad day light robbery!!!

Comments

• Bk
      5th of Aug, 2008

no proper reply for my mails sending to barclays service center

harassment calls from barclays credit card payment customer service in india from mumbai i recorded the conversation also.i & my family are very much disturbed by this phone calls .

On droppping a my cheque in favour of Barclays Bank PLC, at gangadeshwaram koil street chennai drop box on 26-04-2008. After dropping the Cheque well before the due date bank is continuously sending the statement demanding the Late Fee, tax and Interest. After dropping the cheque how can customer come to know about the cheque? he can know only when his/her account has debited. I had talked to Barclays payment persons many times and customer care also but no body is willing to give some kind of help.

NO ATM CENTRE IN MY CITY
    NO BARCLAY BANK IN MY CITY
    TOLL FREE CUSTOMERCARE NUMBER IS NOT WORKING
    EVEN I TRIED YOUR OTHER CUSTOMERCARE NUMBERS ALSO THEY NOT AT ALL ATTENDING MY CALLS FOR A LONG & I WASTED A LOT OF AMOUNT FOR THAT STD CHARGES
    Barclaycard bills online IS NOT TIE UP WITH MY BANK ACCOUNT
    CASH COLLECTION EXECUTIVES ARE NOT COMING.

I HAVE ONLY ONE OPTION WHERE I CAN PAY MY BILL AMOUNT IS CHEQUE DROP BOX