Barclay Enterprises / Bad service

Barclay Enterprises
2275 LaCrosse Ave
This company attacked our membrane keypad repair for over a year while falsely claiming the manufacturer had solved the button problems. Even made up Frankenstein graphics and called our keypad "The Franken-Phone" They also attacked our keypad lifetime warranty as "mythical" while providing their own self-voiding 2-year warranty. Then overnight they changed to copying our keypad, admitted to the problems with the OEM keypad and claiming to have the only improved keypad, the original improved keypad and the only lifetime warranty!

They named their copy of our technique and obtained a trade-mark for "Perma-Pad" and also registered the name "Pad-Mate" FOR THE SAME PART! They use the name Pad Mate for the membrane keypad itself and then use the term Perma-Pad for the membrane keypad after it is installed. They use language and pictures to trick customers into believing that the Perma-Pad is a complete improved rubber keypad.

Their "lifetime" warranty is undefined and they expect you to believe they will repair or replace it even after 25 years... however their warranty is void by "abuse" and they define abuse as "excessive use" and/or "eating and drinking while you talk on the phone"

This company has also illegally claimed to be FCC Authorized repair center which included the display of forged federal documents.

N  31st of May, 2009 by
I'm not sure why you copied my post word for word (well... except for the URL) but thanks for the support!

However... unlike the Barclay brothers, I wouldn't want anyone to think I was spamming posts here. I do not know who Jeremy is or why he copied my post. If anyone wants to talk to the person that made the original compalint, that would be me.

You can follow this link for more information:

I would like to say that Chris and Rick Barclay are still heavily involved in researching myself and my company and attacking us in any way they can dream up... it's now been over 3 years and they have not emailed, called or responded to a single complaint post or email we have sent them.

N  24th of Jul, 2014 by
This company is closed. Please take your website down so people do not wast time and money sending phones for repair.Sorry Amalia I do not repair recorders but I do repair business phones google "Priority 1 bc"I have been getting calls from people that send them Panasonic KX-TGA400b and KX-TGA200b phones. They have been sending them to Barclay and getting them back "Can not deliver, no forwarding address" . The website, Barclayent.com is still up also.