Barclay Bank/frontier Airlines / APR

1 p.o.box 8802Wilmigton, DE, United States Review updated:
Phone: 866-839-2435

Frontier Airlines offer this card that is being financed and run by Barclay Bank in Wilmington, DE 19899.

Frontier Airlines offered and I opened my account with Barclay Bank about 2 years ago at about 16%. I was late on a payment one time about a year ago and they raised my APR to 18%. Recently I made a payment too early. They applied that payment to an earlier month for which I had already sent a payment. I didn't know what they did and later was informed in the statement that I was charged late fee because I didn't make a payment. I called and explained that I made that payment but they said I sent it TOO EARLY! Finally they refunded my late fee but when I got my new statement I noticed that they increased my APR from 18% to 29%! After many arguments they refuse to budge! MY ADVICE: DO NOT OPEN AN ACCOUNT WITH THIS BANK.

Comments

Bo
  23rd of Jul, 2010

Wow, what a joke of a bank. Barclays Bank's customer service department is by far THE worst I have encountered. I am surprised Frontier Airlines has not moved on to a different bank to administer the frequent flier credit card offer. The customer service at the bank is the worst I have ever experienced.

If I did not love Frontier Airlines and want the mileage credit I would have dumped Barclays Bank long ago.

Seriously, I do not understand how a company (Barcays) can stay in business with the poor customer service, lack of follow through, incompetent employees, not well-trained employees on their own products (e. g. stating they don't offer a "Pay Pass" credit card through Frontier Airlines, when they do!!!), weak supervisors, not calling back within 24 hours as they state a manager will do and managers not even aware of what the problem is.

This goes back to mid-May (nearly 3 months now!) when I was sent a new credit card because I was "upgraded" to a better card. Two months later and nearly 30 phone calls and I don't have resolution and continue to get incompetent customer service employees who give me incorrect information and do not seem to care to fix the situation. Stay clear of getting one of these cards if you can help it. (I read the negative post by a person who "was roped" into one there at the Denver Airport.)

I am so disappointed in this product, Barclays Bank, any Barclays cards, especially the Frontier Airlines Barclays MasterCard, the incompetent call center they use in Manila, the uniformed bank customer service personnel in the U.S. who do not follow through and seem uninterested in helping, Frontier Airlines.

There are other better choices out there. Be aware - Mike