Barbara Mazur. Gemstone Bengals / bengal kitten

1 Ware, MA, United States Review updated:

I purchased a Bengal kitten from Barbara Mazur (Gemstone Bengals) on Saturday May, 26 2018. Her eyes were wet and kind of runny when we saw her. Barbara Mazur said it was allergies. We received what we thought were health records and a contract. By Sunday the 27th my kitten's eyes were crusty. She was vomiting and had diarrhea. By Monday my kitten had diarrhea, was vomiting and was lethargic. Our vet looked at the health records I received from Barbara Mazur and said they weren't health records, rather, they were shots for a kitten from a clinic with no exam etc. our veterinarian had no way of knowing if the shots were for my kitten because there was no information about the kitten or cat receiving the shots. It was just a bill. My kitten was very sick. She is currently be treated for a stomach infection, and eye infection. I let Barbara Mazur know about everything and that's when things got a little...crazy. I can't and won't go into our conversations but suffice it to say I am leery of Barbara Mazur. Please don't buy any animal from her. She has no business breeding so many animals

Nh
May 31, 2018

Comments

• Fi
      10th of Jun, 2018

If your kitten does not get better ask your vet about FIP. Research and learn as much as you can. If your cat shows signs or symptoms do not delay care.

• Nh
      11th of Jun, 2018

@fipfighter2 Thank you. She’s recovered from her stomach infection. I was very concerned about FIP. Her eyes are still infected and she’s still battling a chest cold

14th of Aug, 2018

So sorry to hear about your kitten. Please copy and paste your review on her Gemstone Bengals page on Facebook. Other people need to be warned about her and that is usually where they look up her reviews.

14th of Aug, 2018

The review below is from Barbara's Facebook page. It was posted this past February. Sadly her 1-year-old cat died from FIP. And this is not the only kitten of hers that has died from FIP. Just type her name in the search box above and you will find a review from another buyer of hers. That kitten only lived a few short months.

"I had purchased my male kitten from someone who bought him from Gemstone Bengals. I did not go through Barbara directly as she did not take this kitten back into her care knowing one of her kittens was being rehomed! I had spoken with her via messages and decided to take the kitten home. He was loving and sweet and beautiful. He was my baby. He was a year old and he suddenly became very sick so I rushed him to the vet and was diagnosed with FIP, a horrible untestable and fatal disease. He passed two days later. I told Barbra what happened and all she said was “IVE NEVER HAD FIP!” No apologies, no responses after that. She took no responsibility for what happened and I would never recommend her to anyone! She is completely unprofessional and irresponsible! Worst pain to ever go through with a pet and she had zero sympathy!"

Did Barbara already block you? She usually does to prevent people with negative experiences from giving her bad reviews. She had another Gemstone Bengals page but made a new one 3 years ago, because the old one had WAY too many bad reviews.

14th of Aug, 2018

Actually, I just checked her GEMSTONE Bengals FB page and saw that most of her other negative reviews are gone! This is because she started over yet again in December of last year! This is now her 3rd GEMSTONE Bengals page in the past 3 years! Her first one was started in 2014 and the second one was in 2016. Both may still be up, but you will not have access to the reviews! She blocks those and only allows reviews to be read on her newest Gemstone Bengals page.

This explains why she has such a positive review score. She blocks any buyer that complains to her. That way they can't leave a bad review. However, she isn't able to block anyone unless they have either left a comment or liked her page. So a couple bad reviews are still able to be posted. But then she contacts her fellow breeder friends and any buyer who's cat hasn't fallen ill yet to leave a good review. That way her score goes up and the bad reviewer just seems like a nasty person. But even with all these measures, she still can't keep the negative reviews from coming in and dropping her score. So she just creates a new Gemstone Bengals page!