Bankers Life and Casualty / Lies and Deceit

1 AZ, United States Review updated:

I worked for Bankers for a little over 6 months. During that time I was promised leads, training, and a mentor. What a bunch of crap. The training was on my time with my family (weekends). My mentor had only been an agent for 4 months. And the leads were given out in a favoritism type of manner. I had 20% of all my commissions taken for leads and when I wrote policies on people who I found on my own with no help from leads, 20% was still taken. The most horrible thing was that if the policy was canceled for any reason and the money was taken back from me, I did not get back the 20%. The only thing that ever mattered to management was that we make a sale and it didn't matter how we did it. Forceful selling tactics are nothing to this company, they are a way of life. I have numerous bankers policies and when the one year is up where I can not get charged back for the commissions, I will be canceling each of them. I have read some of the other complaints and have seen everything they mention from the hiring tactics to not paying on a claim because of some loop hole they come up with. Their products are not even competitive in the market, they are higher priced than most others out there. Do yourself a favor and find a reputable company to get your insurance needs satisfied through.

Comments

• Fa
      30th of Jul, 2013

"During this time i was promised leads". Yes, leads that you paid for and never got. This is why the managers get to the office early in the morning. To take whatever good leads there are for themselves and give the agents that ones that are aged (30, 60, 90 days or how about the "high potential leads" that have been sitting around the office forever). These agencies that represent Bankers Life and Casualty under various names, and take addidtional money out of the agents pockets also need to be closely looked at. They use the money for office parties, money drawa at meetings, trip to the gambling joints, conventions for the greedy and more. If you're new to the business, you won't be able to detect what is really going on! Prospective Agents, Beward!!!

• Fa
      30th of Jul, 2013

It's a rip off. Prospective Agents, Beware!