BankCard USA Merchant Services / Terrible experience

United States Review updated:
I am new here in US and started a small dance studio. My wife who is the artistic director thought that a credit card payment system will help in attracting more clients. I looked at all the offers that come thru the mail and Bankcard offered the lowest rate at that time and called their 1-800 number. I signed up for their services with the promise by their sales rep John Ketsoyan with free 6 months and will take back the machine if we cannot get he desired result. I was made to signed a 48 months lease contract for the machine with LFG from Chicago. I was made to believe that LFG and bankcard are same outfit as explained by the Sales Rep. He claim that he can easily rent out the machine to one of their numerous clients.

After 3 months John Ketsoyan left the company and I had to go to his Supervisor Jacob Phoenix to refund my first three months services. Then we did not get the desired and tried to return the machine but I was told to go to LFG. LFG will take my machine back but I still have to complete the 48 months contract which is $100.00 a month. I e mailed Jacob Phoenix 3 months ago but no response until this time. Now I am stuck with a obsolete machine which is dusting in my garage.

To anybody who is trying to secure a credit card machine/merchant services, DO NOT sign with Bank Card USA. I suggest you go with the Wholesale Club like SAM's or Costco. They wil offer a better deal.
Sy

Comments

To
  20th of Jan, 2009
Just noticed your complaint today about Bankcard USA, I too have been screwed over by these ###. I ended up leasing a machine and was also told that I could cancel at anytime. Was not told anyting about being stuck with this worthless machine for the next 48month and to have to keep paying for it after i sent It back. I dealt with the Senior Account Executive Richard Slobin and he and another of his GOONS fed me the same line of BULL CRAP about canceling anytime. I dont know the other Reps. name, But I noticed the name John Ketsoyan on [redacted].com and there was a rebuttal from Sharon Tan from the operations dept at Bankcard uas about him no longer being with the company for "that particular reason" . Apparently he was fired for comitting fraud. What can we do about This???!!! Hope this info is helpful, todd howells at comcast not net.
Ju
  9th of Feb, 2009
i'm canceling my account with them...Why:
1)they deposite money afetr 72 hours vs. 48 hours that most of them out there offer
2)almost everyweek they put a hold on one of my large tranactions claiming they have to investigate...and they ask questions that really is none of their business: why a client from England has purchased an item from you? today they asked me that i have to give 50% refund to the client that has placed an order with us and agreed to pay in full...when i asked why? they said because that is our policy...you can't take full payment until the item is ready...
they claim they have the best rate, but not true...
i'm planning to go back to the previous company i was using...
Ri
  16th of Feb, 2009
BANK CARD USA ARE A BUNCH OF CROOKS. The only reason why they will approve you so fast for the sole reason of stealing money. They will immediately approve you for an account and the second you start processing credit card transactions, they will steal the money instantly and never deposit any funds into your bank account. They will say you owe fees for services not rendered and they will immediately make up excuses to not give you the money. They will ever refuse to refund any customers that initiated charges.

They will make any and every excuse in the book to make it look like your the crook not them. Just file a law suit against these ###. If you get two people Ryan Zone (sales) and Jean Moss (risk management) tell them to go to ... They are both getting sued along with Bank Card USA..they also go under the name of Maverck Bank Card Services

STAY AWAY FROM THESE ###.
St
  23rd of May, 2009
LOOK THIS IS TO ALL: SHUT UP and get off your butt and call LISA MADIGAN's Office. Attorney General of Illinois. Cancel or close your bank account. Stop paying LFG NOW. File your complaints. Leave your name and business so people like me who want to help you can reach you. jason balloon creations urbana, illinois...LFG won't go away. That I PROMISE.
Re
  23rd of Feb, 2010
BEWARE .BEWARE BEWARE BANK CARD USA MERCHANT SERVICE
after 3 months over $50.000 sales only one dispute they closed my account and reported to TMF also hold 3-4 G and they didnt even notify charge back also i refund to customer but they cancelled refun beacuse they wanted chargeback result. THEY ARE WORST COMPANY EVER, LIAR AND THIEF THEY STOLE MY MONEY WITHOUT MY AUTHORIZATION ACH DEBIT FROM MY BANK. and When i tried to call their DAMN Risk (ripp OFF ) dEPARTMNET never ever ANSWER my phones ...UNTIL THEY RESOLVE ISSUE I WILL REPORT THEM EVERYWHERE ... I AM VERY REGRET CHOOSING THEM ...BEWARE DONT USE THEM THEY STOLE CUSTOMERS FUND AND WANTS TO CHARGEBACK ...
BEACHLIMO Owner ...New York
Re
  23rd of Feb, 2010
This company has retained funds and shuts down transaction processing for over 30 businesses accounts without cause and refuses to release funds upon Customer request for refunds or charge back request. The Company is privately held and answers to no one not even DA offices in Ventura County. Do not do business with this company. or .. Mr. Hardy, General Manager and Risk Dept Employee, Dena Moss..
BEWARE BEWARE BEWARE ..OF BANK CARD USA Merchant Service ...Please can u refund customer money ...i already refund u never paid me . u dont want to REFUND cause u closed my account ...WHY ARE YOU STEALING CUSTOMER MONEY ...
Lo
  9th of May, 2010
I was screwed by these people, too. In all my years of dealing with businesses, rarely have I found one as bad. I was told the machine would be ready to go on the date I needed it. It wasn't and I lost business because many didn't have c ash to pay, only credit cards. When I told BankCard USA about it, they told me that sign up was handled by someone else (Though no one ever told me this). When I told them I wanted to return everything (I bought the machine for $1700 ), they refused. I was stuck with the machine, used it ONCE, and now can't get rid of it for even $100. These people make Bernie Madoff look good. They talk to you like you're buddies when they sell, but cut you off immediately if you have a legitimate complaint.
DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THEM!!!
Jo
  11th of May, 2010
I just received a plastic postcard that resembles a credit card with an offer for a free terminal and free Peachtree accounting software so I can begin accepting credit cards and all I have to do is call and "activate your merchant account."

Fortunately I read your comments and will not fall into this trap. Thank you all for that!
Ha
  1st of Jun, 2010
Worst customer service ever especially for people handling your money. Any time you call on an issue or policy its different information depending on who picks up the phone.

If you have another option for card services please go with them, remember cheaper is not always better. Learn from my and others mistake.
My
  22nd of Sep, 2010
WOW! I wish I would have read this before I joined, everthing here is true, they are currantly holdin a 26000.00 charge of ours we are now on day 12...Z-O-R-O- customer service. they will not return phone call and they are e-x-t-e-e-m-l-y untruthful,

BEWARE! BEWARE! BEWARE!
Oc
  22nd of Dec, 2010
Hi my name is Chase Dunn and I am from (Occent Merchant Services) and if you want, legit, and real Merchant Services, then give me an email, I check my email every hour between 730am and 330 pm monday through friday. (chase@occent.com) WE WILL PROVIDE YOU WITH REAL SERVICE, WITH ABSOLUTELY NO HIDDEN FEES, AND OUR SERVICE IS DONE (IN HOUSE) "WHICH MEANS THAT WE ACTUALY KNOW WHAT WERE DOING. AND WE ALSO GARUNTEE THAT IF WE CANT BEAT YOUR CURRENT RATE, WE WILL GIVE YOU 1, 000 DOLLARS and by the way our analysis or consultation is FREE! chase@occent.com Chase Dunn. GOOD LUCK AND GOD BLESS.
Gl
  9th of Sep, 2011
They charged us $2145.29 after closing the account for which they have not provided any invoice. These extra charges are from there company, but they are not providing any explanation for it, also they have not released the $5000 deposit held by them.
Mr
  7th of Oct, 2011
I also was made to believe that Bank Card USA would provide my company with good service and this was so far from the truth. Bank Card USA is the worse company that I have ever dealt with their motive to me appears to take your money and find an excuse to hold your money as well as constantly take fees out of your account without any explanation at all. When I inquire about these concerns the so call head person in charge refuses to give me his superiors name saying he is the only person that could handle my issue. My issue three charges of 2000.00 plus were denied because this person felt that a fraud could be possible so I was asked to fax the invoices and everything would be ok, after doing so I was told that I have to wait 180 days just to make sure that the client don't protest the charges, I advised him that the client will give me a letter indicating that the services were rendered and he refused instead engaged me in a negative conversation by his aggressive stlye. He told me that he is in charge and I can't talk to no one else. Mr. Thomas Allen if you are not the owner then why can't I talk to someone else
Th
  25th of Oct, 2011
Agree Disagree -1 Votes
This is not the end of the story. Did you know BankCard is the provider of Harbortouch point of sale systems POS? The ones that fraudulently advertise "Free POS." Was about to get one and then decided to read the fine print. Wow, what a bunch of *&^%$! Here is some stuff from their contracts:

Straight from the Harbortouch Contract: They can raise the fee as they like:
Paragraph 4.3 Adjustments: Harbortouch may adjust the monthly service charges in Exhibit A upon thirty (30) days written notice in accordance with the provisions of Section 10.6 hereof.

Straight from the Harbortouch Contract: 60 exact days to cancel, otherwise you have a NINE (9) year contract!!!
Paragraph 7. Term: This Agreement shall become effective as of the date accepted and signed by Harbortouch and shall continue for an initial term of five (5) years from the Commencement Date (“Initial Term”), unless earlier terminated pursuant to this section. This Agreement shall auto renew for a period of four (4) at the end of any term unless the terminating party provides sixty (60) days' prior written notice to the non-terminating party in accordance with the provisions of 10.6 hereof of its intent to terminate the Agreement prior to the end of the then current term.
La
  22nd of Oct, 2012
I strongly agree to all. I signed up for Bankcard USA Merchant account . I called them up to closed the account after a days my account has been activated, it has never been working by the way, because the credit card processor is not compatible with my website.
One of rep send my a closing account form and did mentioned that $295.00 will be deduct from my account and it will be release back into my account in the couple days. Basically, that is for the terminal fees you supposed to pay after your account has been activated for 1 year. She replied she never says that. I was shocked for a bit to her response as a rep working at the bank.
I called them back again one of the rep replied that she has to request the refund back into my account so now I am waiting.
Again the terminal fees of $295.00 is paying after your account has been activated for 1 year. In my case is about 1-3 days during those days I was trying to set up the credit card processor so I can accept a credit cards on my website, but I was unable to do, so I have to canceled l, but they turn around and charge $295.00

Be aware and stay way from "BankCard USA Merchant"!!! I swear!!!
La
  22nd of Oct, 2012
I am strongly agree to all and finds this info very helpful.

Be aware and stay way from "BankCard USA Merchant"!!! I swear!!!
Th
  17th of Sep, 2013
Finally: Class Action Lawsuit Against Harbor Touch --- Chimicles & Tikellis is investigating a class action case on behalf of merchants against United Bank Card and HarborTouch for excessive fees and overcharges. If you are or have been a customer of United Bank Card or HarborTouch, please contact them @ 361 West Lancaster Avenue, Haverford, PA 19041 Phone: 610-642-8500
Ha
  5th of Mar, 2014
In regards to TheAdvisor123's claim that BankCard USA is the provider of Harbortouch POS systems, this is completely false. Harbortouch is in no way connected to BankCard USA Merchant Services. Due to the anonymous nature of TheAdvisor123's post and the inaccurate information posted, it is likely that this individual is a competitor to Harbortouch who is trying to hurt the company's reputation. The following blog post from Harbortouch's CEO highlights this common practice among the company's competitors: http://www.harbortouch.com/blog/negative-harbortouch-reviews/
Id
  27th of Jun, 2014
lies lies lies ! in florida agent chad lied so many times
"they will buy my contract from bank of america"
"they wont charge termination fees"
"the most save money company"
"the most modern credit card machines"
"no monthley fees"
"free supply paper rolls"
"bad reviews from new york its not same comapany with the one at florida"
lies lies lies watch out and take them to court