Bankasya / useless bank card

1 Istanbul, Turkey

I lived and worked in Turkey from last year September, but returned to Japan recently. When I got my bank card from Bankasya I noticed that I couldn't use it online or in supermarkets. In the months that I was in Istanbul I went to the local branch in Sirinevler about 6 times and called their phone number just as many times. Each time they assured me that they had changed some settings and that my card was now fine. It wasn't, and I still couldn't use it in any other way than withdraw cash at ATM's. Before I came back to Japan I went to a different branch in Incirli and told them I was very worried, as my last salary would be paid after I had left the country, and I didn't think I would have access to my money from Japan. Three people were poring over a computer and assured me that I wouldn't have a problem. I came to Japan, and the first thing I did was test my card... It was rejected, although it's a VISA card and Japan accepts VISA. I emailed my company and asked for help, he went to Bankasya, they assured him it's because there were insufficient funds. So I took the nerve-racking wait until the 15 July when my salary was paid and tried several times at several ATM's - my bank card was rejected by all. The message is 'Your card issuer has declined your transaction.' I am desperate, down to my last few yen, and there is no means for me to contact the bank from here. The telephone number brings me to a long message in Turkish, and email isn't possible. I do hope Bankasya can resolve this matter AS SOON AS POSSIBLE.

Bankasya