Bank Of The West / FALSE PROMISES

1 MO, United States Review updated:

I WAS SENT A LETTER FROM BANK OF THE WEST , IT WAS A LETTER TO DEFFER DECEMBERS PAYMENT. I AND MY WIFE SIGNED AND MAILED IT BACK. THEY SAY THEY NEVER RECEI VED THE LETTER. NOW THEY CALL ME FOR COLLECTIONS AND SAY MY TIME HAS EXPIRED FOR DEFFERAL. STAFF MANAGEMENT ARE VERY RUDE. I HAVE NOTIFIED MY STATES ATTORNEY GENERAL.

Ri

Comments

• Mi
      3rd of Aug, 2010

I am, sorry to say I am a customer of Bank of the West, currently looking for a new "local" bank. My story starts with me paying off my boat loan. I sold my boat on June 26th, 2010 Saturday. I deposited the check on 6/27, Sunday, it posted on Monday 6/28, but they told me there is a hold on it for 10 business days. They said it would be available on 7/8, it was and I was told by my branches Loan officer Aaron I could pay it off on line, simple? I asked him several times about the "pay off", he stated what it showed is what I owed (really even I know there is interest somewhere there). So when the funds were available I paid it off on line, it showed a balance of 0, I thought oh good I guess it is really that easy. I stopped in on 7/9 to see when and where my title would be mailed to. They (the tellers who looked it up!!) told me it should be mailed directly to me. I waited a few more days and called, they told me my loan was not paid off??? What, I said, but I paid the entire amount, they said "Oh but there was interest due until this date, which was now the 20th of July, and they told me not to pay it on line because that's not the correct amount. Fine I went in and paid the $41.75, only to be told they do not have my title, it was lost some where in the Commerical Federal - Bank of the West merger. I asked them to look, they said no, if they don't have it they don't have it. They however could send me a "Release of Lien" and I could go get a duplicate title?? Duplicates cost $20, by now it is the principle of the thing, I asked who will re -imburse me the $20, the CS gal said I could fill out a request in writing and they will forward to the branch manager (who by the way is on vacation for 2 weeks). I did this on 7/21, I asked if there was anything they could do to expedite this, they said Oh no, it takes 5 business and they could not do anything about it. I should recieve the "release of lien" by 7/28. The 28th came and went, no call from; the bank, no papers. And I waited, and waited finally I called on 7/31, I was told by Aaron (the loan officer) that it was Fed Ex'd yesterday 7/30 to EXPEDITE the matter and I should receive it on Monday 8/2. (What do you say at this point?) Monday 8/2 comes and goes, I called today on my way home 8/3 talked to the CS gal Shannon, she tells me I won't be needing the re-imbursment for the duplicate because I won't need a duplicate...they found my title and mailed it out regular US mail on 8/2??? I will not hold my breath, I am however looking for a local bank.

SP in Omaha